Greta Thunberg on Inspiration, Bullying, and the Future of the Climate Justice Movement

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I love her. I love her attitude to not waste time on bullies & to instead stay focused on your purpose!

Greta Thunberg on Inspiration, Bullying, and the Future of the Climate Justice Movement

Today, Greta is certainly not alone; she's met with world leaders, spoken in front of huge crowds, and was declared Time’s person of the year in 2019. And it’s safe to say that the 17-year-old has learned a thing or two about handling bullies, having expertly responded to several of President Trump’s hurtful comments over the years.

But the activist has made it clear that she doesn't want anyone — including herself — to waste their time worrying about bullies. “I honestly don’t understand why adults would choose to spend their time mocking and threatening teenagers and children for promoting science, when they could do something good instead,” she wrote in a Twitter thread last year, adding: “I guess they must simply feel so threatened by us…. The world is waking up. Change is coming whether they like it or not.”

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I didn't waste any time with bullies at school either. One debilitating, nose and eye shattering punch ought to do it. Only takes a fraction of a second.

Unfortunately, people like me are being slandered as villains of society. It's proof enough the god of man's corrupt world is the devil.

THe most accountable in climate change if it is true would be the rich and powerful.... A lot can be said about it.

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I didn't waste any time with bullies at school either. One debilitating, nose and eye shattering punch ought to do it. Only takes a fraction of a second.

Unfortunately, people like me are being slandered as villains of society. It's proof enough the god of man's corrupt world is the devil.

THe most accountable in climate change if it is true would be the rich and powerful.... A lot can be said about it.

:( What do you mean ppl like you? Why are you slandered as villains of society? I'm sorry that happens to you.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,970.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
:( What do you mean ppl like you? Why are you slandered as villains of society? I'm sorry that happens to you.

I used violence to deal with the bully.

The whole society is brainwashed in the movies, mass media, school, office, church that the only way to deal with bullies is peaceful tolerance....

Perhaps, our peaceful tolerance of bullies is exactly the reason they are in power today?:doh::doh:Sometimes, we do have to fashion whip made of chords to overturn the tables of status quo.

Since, I acted contrary to the norm, I became viewed as evil. It is in the Bible, the followers of Christ would be hated and seen as evil while the false prophets would be loved and cheered on by everyone.

Upvote 0