Great News!!!

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
How can that be great news when the people of Connecticut voted against same-sex marriage?

Thanks,
TT
Supreme Court judges are smarter than your average american, so it's good news that at least some people in this country realize that denying civil rights to a minority is a violation of the Constitution of the U.S.

Upvote 0

revanneosl

Mystically signifying since 1985
Feb 25, 2007
Northern Illniois
✟39,510.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
How can that be great news when the people of Connecticut voted against same-sex marriage?

Thanks,
TT

It's like school integration. The vast majority of people in the states with segregated schools were in favor of segregation. Nevertheless it denied the rights of black schoolchildren, who (regardless of how the racists felt about it) were citizens of these United States, and therefore entitled to attend the same schools that the little white citizens attended.

In this case, the Supreme Court of the state of Connecticut has recognized that its gay citizens are just that - citizens. As such they are entitled to the same rights of contract (and legally, marriage is a contract) as all other citizens.

Reactions: Crazy Liz
Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
CT Supreme Court says ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional

http://www.wtnh.com/global/story.asp?s=9158000

At least the court in CT does not buy FOTF propaganda.

That's bad news to folks who are more concerned about their testimonies for Christ than they are about assuaging the hurt feelings of homosexuals who think everybody has to be tolerant of their behavior.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

That's bad news to folks who are more concerned about their testimonies for Christ than they are about assuaging the hurt feelings of homosexuals who think everybody has to be tolerant of their behavior.

problem is the so called "testimonies" to for Christ more like for the person's own ego, revolved around stopping other's people's rights..so say a civil union and partner benefits..

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian

Yeah. Bad news for whitewashed sepulchres.

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
problem is the so called "testimonies" to for Christ more like for the person's own ego, revolved around stopping other's people's rights..so say a civil union and partner benefits..

That's why we vote. My RIGHT to leave marriage defined as it always has been is not superseded by the rights of gays to redefine marriage.

Upvote 0
C

catlover

That's why we vote. My RIGHT to leave marriage defined as it always has been is not superseded by the rights of gays to redefine marriage.

Your theological view point should not interfere with the rights of others. Would you like it if the Jewish or Muslim folks of America tried to make it illegalf or you to buy bacon or sausage?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Your theological view point should not interfere with the rights of others.

Neither should yours. Your view against my theological viewpoint is just as much of a theology as is mine.

Would you like it if the Jewish or Muslim folks of America tried to make it illegalf or you to buy bacon or sausage?

Let em try. There's enough of us bacon and sausage loving Americans to keep things just the way they are.:)

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
Neither should yours. Your view against my theological viewpoint is just as much of a theology as is mine.

Let em try. There's enough of us bacon and sausage loving Americans to keep things just the way they are.:)

But wouldn't it be going too far if the bacon and sausage loving Americans voted to make Kosher and Hallal meats illegal?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
But wouldn't it be going too far if the bacon and sausage loving Americans voted to make Kosher and Hallal meats illegal?

Why? If sausage loving Americans didn't want Kosher and Hallal meats to redefine what good ole sausgae is, why is it going to far?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Not really, it's simply common sense that a group of people should not be discriminated against...I don't see how it's a theology.

A group of people ain't being discriminated against. A group of people just trying to redefine what marriage is.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
A group of people ain't being discriminated against. A group of people just trying to redefine what marriage is.
First, ain't isn't a word, stop using it.

Second, i'm sure if this country was primarily muslim, and wanted to redefine the meaning of "Christian", you and your fundie counterparts would be up in arms declaring constitutional violation and persecution. Double standards are fun aren't (not ain't) they?

Upvote 0