Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Anyone remember the group Frampton was in BEFORE he went solo? It was Humble Pie with former Small Faces guitarist Steve Marriot.

Yes, I got see Humble Pie once, it was later, without Frampton of course.
My 13 yr old cousin from Rock Hill SC HAD Frampton posters all over her room ..

At my junior high they put a jukebox in the cafeteria. The girls would hog it and play those 3 hit songs off that live record over and over, all year long. To this day I can't eat lunch without humming Frampton. :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hope I'm not the only aging punker in here. Some excellent bubblegum:

Plus for Shirley, 'cause this is the only New Zealand band I know:

Reading a rock magazine in the '70's, I think this photo was my first exposure to anything from New Zealand. "Um, I hope everything's okay down there... o_O"

MI0001349019.jpg

^_^ ^_^ ^_^ Believe me, I think the whole country was in shock when these lads first burst onto the scene, Chesterton. :D

Tim Finn was one of the founding members (that's Tim seated in front) and my favourite song written by Tim is called I hope I Never. It was released in 1980, so just squeaks out as far as this thread goes...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Light of the World, shine on me, Love is the Answer..

I hadn't heard this version before, Fender. Thanks for posting it. :cool: I know the one recorded by England Dan & John Ford Coley. :)

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Break out the ear plugs...

:D Yes, plenty of loudness back in the day, eh? I'll take that over insipidness in music any day...

Here is what I think is another amazing voice, singing one of my fave songs by the band.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟637,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I hadn't heard this version before, Fender. Thanks for posting it. :cool: I know the one recorded by England Dan & John Ford Coley. :)
You're welcome. Todd Rundgren wrote the song, but the England Dan & John Ford Coley version is the more well known version.

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somebody stop me!

No stopping until all songs loved by us all have been posted, Kenny. :p :D Should keep us going for a while, don't you think? ^_^

70's music forever!! :D

Upvote 0

joyshirley

His Love endures forever
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2004
New Zealand
✟1,374,137.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road was a must-have album for everyone when I was at high school and there are many songs on the album which I love. But this song by Elton John was released earlier, in 1971, and is my most favourite song by him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No stopping until all songs loved by us all have been posted, Kenny. :p :D Should keep us going for a while, don't you think? ^_^

70's music forever!! :D

:oldthumbsup:

No kidding, it was incredible how many great songs there were, and let's not forget our good ol' boys... Southern rock/blues

And there is a mysterious point south, no one knows exactly where, the Southern rock makes a peculiar change to parrot music for the Parrot heads down here in my neck of the woods..

Come Monday - Jimmy Buffett

I'm not even going to ask why that last video wouldn't embed, some things are just better left alone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟884,184.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
And there is a mysterious point south, no one knows exactly where, the music makes a peculiar change to parrot music for the Parrot heads down here in my neck of the woods.

Ha, at some mysterious change in latitude. :)

Upvote 0