Good repository of where science proves the Bible?

chrisRDBA

Feb 6, 2019
AZ
✟16,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings. I’ve struggled with the Christian/ Bible/ Jesus thing for far longer than I care to admit.

What convinces me more than anything else is when modern science proves what was written in the Bible so long ago. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of articles of facts where science has proven the Bible. Most of these contain about 5 facts that are very convincing, but then I’ll attempt to read/ watch another and there’s overlap from one article/ video to the next. This is a very slow process. If I could dedicate 24/7 to it I would as I desperately want to become what I’d consider a real believer.

All said, does anyone know of a good repository for this type of stuff? A single spot that contains dozens or even hundreds of facts modern scientific facts that were first called out in the Bible?

If not I may start a blog to house all this information. It not just for me, maybe someone else will find it useful.

Also, I know some very well intentioned member here will say something along the lines of “just start reading the Bible and eventually you’ll believe”. Been there, done that. Some days I can buy what I ready, other days I want to throw my Bible through a window.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I’d appreciate it!

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Greetings. I’ve struggled with the Christian/ Bible/ Jesus thing for far longer than I care to admit.

What convinces me more than anything else is when modern science proves what was written in the Bible so long ago. I’ve watched a lot of YouTube videos and read a lot of articles of facts where science has proven the Bible. Most of these contain about 5 facts that are very convincing, but then I’ll attempt to read/ watch another and there’s overlap from one article/ video to the next. This is a very slow process. If I could dedicate 24/7 to it I would as I desperately want to become what I’d consider a real believer.

All said, does anyone know of a good repository for this type of stuff? A single spot that contains dozens or even hundreds of facts modern scientific facts that were first called out in the Bible?

If not I may start a blog to house all this information. It not just for me, maybe someone else will find it useful.

Also, I know some very well intentioned member here will say something along the lines of “just start reading the Bible and eventually you’ll believe”. Been there, done that. Some days I can buy what I ready, other days I want to throw my Bible through a window.

Welcome to CF! I dont really know of any source but eager to see who does! Science is the unveiling of God's creation. Like He said " there is no new thing under the sun" . Just undiscovered.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Chris, I fully empathize with your ongoing feelings about all of this, but I don't think you're going to find the sort of repository you're asking about anywhere since the Bible isn't, and has never been, "proven" scientifically ...

This isn't to say that there aren't any substantive considerations or evidences (however debatable they may be) that can be brought forth to encourage our engagement and response of faith to the contents of the Bible. It's just that in all of this, we really can't expect to find a wholistic set of explanations for every aspect of the Bible that we'd like to concretely substantiate.

With the above in mind, and as you're still finding out on your own, I think the "faith project" is going to be ultimately more fragmented and ethereal than what most Christians are willing to admit it is, and where science is concerned we shouldn't expect to find solid evidences from hard science that utterly and irrevocably "prove" without question what we read in our Bibles. And this is ok. It's the way it is and we can work with this in various ways ... and it doesn't have to spell the end of our faith.

Peace!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

There is no depository, science does not prove The Bible.

Actually it does quite the opposite, it (science) creates lies and tries to get people to adjust The Bible to fit sciences lies. Which that has been done quite often.

Upvote 0

Brother-Mike

Predetermined to freely believe
Aug 16, 2022
Toronto
✟41,941.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Just my two cents here, but I'd take any arguments for science "proving" the Bible (or vice-versa) with a big grain of salt. The Bible was not written to serve as a scientific document.

Take, for example, the comments in the Bible about the mustard seed being the "smallest seed". Maybe at some point in time that also aligned with scientific understanding, so one might have been tempted to trumpet this fact. But we now know that there are many seeds smaller than mustard, so does this now disprove the Bible? Or force inerrant-believing Christians to not believe the science? Both outcomes are a fundamental category-error, stemming from a failure to understand the function of the Bible.

That all said, I do enjoy the Discovery Institutes Youtube channel, mostly highlighting the growing problems with the current model of abiogenesis and also the development of consciousness. But they're not concluding "... so therefore God" as much as they are just acting as critics of the hopelessly-blind faith the scientific community places in the creative force of evolution. Or anything by Dr. James Tour (nano/synthetic chemist) is also solid and at minimum worth checking out.

PS. out of curiosity which Bible translation are you using? And do you have a solid commentary to go with it, allowing you to get a glimpse behind the curtain into time-tested, scholarly analysis, especially for the more challenging verses that might tempt one to throw the Bible "through a window"?

Reactions: 2PhiloVoid
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,399.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually it does quite the opposite, it (science) creates lies and tries to get people to adjust The Bible to fit sciences lies. Which that has been done quite often.

It's possible you've never seen anyone use it the right way

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
a good repository for this type of stuff? A single spot that contains dozens or even hundreds of facts modern scientific facts that were first called out in the Bible?

You probably won't like it but there are two such sites:-
Answers in genesis and creation.com, they are both yec, but that means they trust that the bible is both reliable and accurate.
They have many articles defending this.

Other sites that will help you are, Reasonablefaith and wintery Knight.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,149,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Addendum: Following up from what I said previously, all of that isn't also to say that there are not websites out there that hold and defend a "Biblicized" view of science. There are, but we need to readily recognize that each approaches and uses science in different ways.

So, you have some choices depending on which angle of theology you want to invest in:

Answersingenesis.org (Literalist)

IRC.org (Creation Science, literal but with some room for conceptual maneuvering with the Bible)

Discovery.org (Intelligent Design, less literal and open to other analyses)

BioLogos.org (Theistic [Christian] Evolution]​

... and some other choices have been mentioned in previous posts by other posters.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums