Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Most men hate shopping, me included. However, today is different. I'm looking for an engagement ring. My lady friend, who I've known since 1983, accepted my proposal two days ago. I never expected to marry again.

I hope this encourages some who are feeling hopeless. My advice is to be yourself, quit worrying about your single status, stay close to Jesus and rejoice in your salvation. Marriage is for this life. It is a drop in the ocean compared with our next life.

Joyful people are attractive. The joy of the Lord is our strength. I've been single for over 25 years. I've learned to enjoy life as a single man. Now I will be enjoying life in a different way.

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Congratulations for finding just the right person this late in life,:doh:

"I won't be going to heaven. I can't always forgive or love my neighbor or myself. Gone are the days when "Jesus is my personal savior" was enough. I am a sinner tried and true and will always be."

Do you really believe this about yourself? Do you not know that Jesus died to save people just like you? If you could forgive and love, Jesus need not have died.

"This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst." 1 Timothy 1:15

You need to know that it's no longer you that God looks at. He wrapped you up in Jesus so that you could be acceptable to God. (Colossians 3:3) That's one of my favourite verses.

Forgiving others is impossible for us, especially if we have been deeply hurt. Read this article:

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟365,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"I won't be going to heaven. I can't always forgive or love my neighbor or myself. Gone are the days when "Jesus is my personal savior" was enough. I am a sinner tried and true and will always be."

Do you really believe this about yourself? Do you not know that Jesus died to save people just like you? If you could forgive and love, Jesus need not have died.

"This is a trustworthy saying, worthy of full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the worst." 1 Timothy 1:15

You need to know that it's no longer you that God looks at. He wrapped you up in Jesus so that you could be acceptable to God. (Colossians 3:3) That's one of my favourite verses.

Forgiving others is impossible for us, especially if we have been deeply hurt. Read this article:

Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston
If we can't forgive God won't forgive us. I can't see going to heaven if you break this requirement given by god. kind a like "God can't look on sin."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
If we can't forgive God won't forgive us. I can't see going to heaven if you break this requirement given by god. kind a like "God can't look on sin."
You do not know what it means to be saved. If you did, you would know that God no longer looks at the Christian in isolation. He sees us in Christ. We are already forgiven.

"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God." Colossians 3:3

Who seeks to punish a dead person? How many dead criminals are in prison? Who takes a dead thief to court?

We are not dead now: "When you were dead in your trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your sinful nature, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our trespasses.............." Colossians 2:13

"...in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins. Colossians 1:14

I've never met anyone who can truly forgive from the heart. It's way more than "I'll let you off this time, don't do it again." That is not true forgiveness. If you want to know the secret, let me know and I'll pass it onto you.

Few Christians even know what sin is. Whatever is not of faith is sin. That's huge. Yet even in the OT, we see God's mercy and grace -"

" …Yet I call this to mind, and therefore I have hope: Because of the loving devotion of the LORD we are not consumed, for His mercies never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness!…" Lamentations 3:22

God hates sin, not because it touches Him. He is unable to be touched in any way. He hates sin because of what it does to us. We miss out when we sin. Yes, we can grieve and quench the Spirit. All that means is that we cut off His help. It's like one of those deep sea divers with a hose to an oxygen supply. Sin is like stepping on the hose.

Sin contaminates us and cuts off fellowship. The remedy is simple: confess. 1 John 1:9 states this as plain as day.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Your link proves my point.
Christians can and do sin. They are already in heaven - "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with Him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus........" Ephesians 2:16. Sin breaks fellowship with God. It does not disqualify the believer from heaven. It does not change our relationship with God. We may miss out on eternal rewards and placement in God's kingdom. That's a different issue.

Those who are born again hate sin. That's one of the signs of a true conversion. It does not mean that the person is free from all bondages instantly. I wish! We are not saved one minute and going to hell the next. That is what some people seem to think. My God is bigger than that.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You are disputing what I hear daily. If you don't forgive God won't forgive you, and wide is the gate and narrow is the way. I lost my quotes. Few will go to heaven.
Ok, you won't be going to heaven because you have judged yourself. You have no clue what it means to be saved and you reject God's word on the subject.

Taking just one verse in the Bible and ignoring the rest is unwise to say the least. According to your concept, we are going to hell one minute and saved the next. That is absurd. Salvation is not based on what we do or do not do. It is God's work to save us. It is our work to believe in the heart and confess with our mouths. (Romans 10:9)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums