• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

God Understands

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowerpotMan

Apr 23, 2006
✟7,688.00
Faith
Christian
Hello brothers and sisters,

I'm new at Christian Forums and I'm very pleased that I've found them. I'd like to share something with you:

This weekend I went to visit my aunt and her family because her husband got baptised. During the ride obsessive thoughts kept coming to my mind, one uglier than the other, and I tried to fight them. We were listening to a CD with Christian music and the music gave me the rest because I couldn't concentrate to fight my thoughts. At a certain point I felt tired and tears were running down my cheeks. At that time the words of the song said: Through tears and pains God's love shines through, He knows your sorrow. The same words were repeated. I was immediately comforted and I could really feel Heavenly Father's love. He loves me despite my thoughts and He knows my fight and wants me to relax and enjoy his spirit and love. I praise Him for that.

FlowerpotMan

Latreia

Gone
Jun 13, 2005
✟24,734.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"How silently, how silently, the wondrous gift is given"

Philippians 4
5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts
and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest,

whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely,

whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise,
think on these things.

9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.