You Are The Salt And Light Of The World
Apr 5, 2006
Arizona
✟10,962.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My original testimony was called "The Sparrow." God had sent me three sparrows after I had been sexually assaulted for the third time in my life.

This is a continuation of that original testimony. God sends me signs and wonders when I am seeking Him. The last Sparrow was December 25, 2005.

No more sparrows have been sent since then but He still surprises me with signs.

The Lord And I Went Running Again

I had posted in the "Depression" board of this forum yesterday. I wrote of the depression - this lowly and empty feeling I experience when I first wake up in the morning. Once I am up and moving, the lowly, empty feeling goes away and my sight is on the Lord. I spend the rest of the day contented.

Yesterday evening I decided to say a morning prayer and greet the Lord when I first open my eyes from slumber. That's exactly what I did this morning. It worked. It put my focus immediately on the Lord where it belongs. I was able to bounce out of bed and rejoice over this new day the Lord has made.

I went running today. For the past several years I had been running about 3 miles 3x a week. As of November, the running stopped. I just started back up today and what an awesome experience I had being outdoors in God's creation. I have missed my running more than I had thought for. I have been missing this kind of communing with Jesus with the praise and worship music singing in my ears and Jesus running at my side. I imagine Him running with me often. I love it because His spirit arises and shines when I put Him at my side.

I heard through my headphones: "Let your spirit rise within me. You set my feet a dancing and my heart rejoicing and my mouth singing out your praise. Go forth in the name of the Lord . . . . "

It's amazing how rejuvenating it is to get exercise and do it with the Lord. I can't think of a better way to strengthen His temple.

When I stopped to cool down, I stood underneath a large pine tree across the street from my church. My church has a white cross that rises in the sky and stands bold amongst the clouds of the sky. I always pray here and I did. I thought of the the three Sparrows God had sent me and I knew He probably wouldn't send me anymore. I started feeling a little a bit sad. As soon as I started feeling this sadness I heard a high pitched chirping. I looked up and saw a yellow breasted finch above me. I felt, then, that God heard me and felt my sadness and sent me His message that He is still looking out for me. I have never seen a yellow finch other than in the pet store. It seems God speaks to me through His little birds.

I remember sitting outside of my sister's house on the porch when a hummingbird hovered near my head for several minutes. That was an incredible experience. It's this same porch that I read about Hezekiah cleaning Solomon's Temple when God sent me my third Sparrow.

The more I seek the Lord, the more I find God speaks to me. We have an awesome God.

I love you Jesus. I love you God. Thank you for Jesus. Thank you Jesus for the gift of life, love, and healing.

In your name Jesus, I pray with all my heart, soul, and mind. Amen.

Reactions: FoundInGrace
Status
Not open for further replies.