God is everywhere. The world is our church.

ethereal_

Shiba Inu Lover
Mar 11, 2005
Florida
✟179.00
Faith
Christian
Those of you who do not attend a church, what led to you that decision?

Also it has been said that God is everywhere and the world is our church. Do you believe that to be true? Is it enough to pray wherever you are, whenever you want? Or do you need to physically attend services at a place designated as a church?

Reactions: Ave Maria
B

Bevlina

Yes, I agree with Holly. I don't feel the need for a church. In fact, I felt more isolated in a church than anything else. I don't need a congregation because the congregations I have seen today split into their own little cliquey groups and many tend to shun others. That's not on with me. If they want a congregation, then they have to show more love to ALL the people of their congregation.
BUt that's too late for me, I won't go to church and that's all there is to it. I prefer to be alone with my God.

I follow Jesus and do not concern myself with anything else. Am I harming anyone? No. Am I happy? Yes.

Upvote 0

Tavita

beside quiet waters He restores my soul..
Sep 20, 2004
Singleton NSW
✟7,581.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
AU-Liberals
Yes, I agree, the world is NOT the church. True believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are the set-apart ones, the ecclesia, the church. The church can meet together in the material world, not the world system.

Buildings where the church meets together are NOT the church. The church can meet together anytime anywhere, in a building and out of it. Where two or three are gathered in His name. The same goes for organisations who are mistakenly called the church. It's just that the church usually meets where the organisation has set it's buildings.

I don't feel the need to be in an organisational congregation, but I do feel the need to meet with other believers for encouragement and to share the Lord.

Upvote 0

watchman7

Mar 5, 2005
✟178.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Being a part of an organization is not essential in the normal Christian life. Gathering with other members of the true Church is essential not to mention scriptural. However this gathering can take place in many ways. We can worship, praise, fellowship, study etc. without an organization but we need to do these things in order and according to the Word.
We don't have to be against those who attend a church building. If they are our brothers and sisters in Christ, then we need to pray for them and seek to maintain a unity in the whole Body of Christ.
If we lack any other knowledge, study the Word.
I would ask you to pray for me as I seek God's will in what I do and say.
Being outside the recognized church establishment is not easy in some ways but it does provide for a new relationship with Christ.
I hope this small letter helps someone. Please continue to discuss the "unchurched" phenomena.
God Bless

Upvote 0

risingstar

Mar 22, 2005
Visit site
✟146.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I feel there is a work to do where ever a believer may be if in a church building or in a home meeting setting. I have seen some that would attened a home meeting and would not attened a church building for whatever reason. The main focus is to point people to Christ and not what others are doing. One can get off on a wrong start if they start finding fault with those that attened a building.For it does not matter about what others are doing, it is all about God.I myself hold home meetings and have seen God move in a great way, such as people giving their lives over to the Lord and healings . Many times I will attened a church service. I feel there is not a lot of difference if I am going for all the right reasons and of course that is to focus on the Lord . My brothers and sisters are everywhere and we are told to love them . I recall a passage in the Bible where Jesus told those that were asking why some would not follow them or go their way, Jesus told them let them alone, if they are not against us then they must be for us. Working together for the glory of the Lord is the main purpose.Also some were sent out to the homes in the Bible and some were sent to buildings as well as where ever there may be a soul to seek out.It is a wonderful honor to do service for the Lord.One last thing , one must search their hearts as to what are their motives for not attending a church building.I pray this has given you some imformation.Blessing to you.

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My sister doesn't believe in going to church. She is not a "people person". She says she does read her Bible. She says that God can reach her no matter where she is. My only question to her is always, who is there to help her understand the Bible. Some of the Bible can be complex. Without someone who has been schooled in the study of the Bible, aren't you relying on your own interpretation? And yes, I understand God can reveal Himself and the understanding to you. But I think you need help and He provides people for that. Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Andry

Jedi Master
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Left Coast, Canada
✟67,044.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tell your sister it's not about her.

And not being a "people person" is a lame excuse and lacks understanding of the Bible. God has equipped her, empowered her, enabled her, created her, and designed her, because of His grace and mercy, to reach out to those around her. He's promised us that, so that we may walk in the divine nature.

2 Pet 1:3-4According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that [pertain] unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
ethereal_ said:
Those of you who do not attend a church, what led to you that decision?

I don't go to a group called a "church" for many reasons . The bottom line is that the Lord does not consider that a priority for me at this time . I also vehemtly oppose the idea of membership of a group .

Also it has been said that God is everywhere and the world is our church. Do you believe that to be true?

Or do you need to physically attend services at a place designated as a church?

I don't believe that the world is my church . The Church is His people and not a place or building . I am the Church as well as all who call on His name . Since I am the Church , I am always *at* "church" . :)

Is it enough to pray wherever you are, whenever you want?

If you are always with someone , isn't enough to talk with that person wherever and whenever you want ? Do you need to wait for others to join you to begin a conversation with another ?

Upvote 0