God does not want His people worshiping Him like the pagans worship their gods.

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God does not change! He still does not want His people worshiping Him using the same customs and practices that pagans use to worship their gods.

Deuteronomy 12:29-31 When the LORD goes ahead of you and destroys the nations and you live in their land, do not fall into the trap of following their customs and worshiping their gods. Do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How do these nations worship their gods? I want to follow their example.’ You must not worship the LORD the way the other nations worship their gods, for they perform for their gods everything the LORD hates.

God has set His standard for His people by writing them in stone with His very own finger. If we let Him He will write them in our hearts. Anything that comes in conflict with what God has written, either on stone or on the heart, is an abomination to Him, this includes any man made commandment that makes void His commandment.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles replied, “
[/FONT]We must obey God rather than men".

Matthew 15:9 And
in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Mark 7:7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

Jesus was not born on December 25th. Sunday is not the Lord's Day. Easter is not a holiday ordained by God. Forty days of Lent is straight from Babylon. These are just to name a few of how far we have fallen from God and have adapted to the pagans influences around us.

Today, if you hear His voice turn from these things and God will receive you.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.”

Let us not say that we know God and then teach our children the ways of pagan gods. Let us not say we know God and then deny Him by our disobedience.

Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Romans 2:13 For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight.

F

from scratch

God does not change! He still does not want His people worshiping Him using the same customs and practices that pagans use to worship their gods.

Deuteronomy 12:29-31 When the LORD goes ahead of you and destroys the nations and you live in their land, do not fall into the trap of following their customs and worshiping their gods. Do not inquire about their gods, saying, ‘How do these nations worship their gods? I want to follow their example.’ You must not worship the LORD the way the other nations worship their gods, for they perform for their gods everything the LORD hates.

God has set His standard for His people by writing them in stone with His very own finger. If we let Him He will write them in our hearts. Anything that comes in conflict with what God has written, either on stone or on the heart, is an abomination to Him, this includes any man made commandment that makes void His commandment.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]

Acts 5:29 But Peter and the apostles replied, “
[/FONT]We must obey God rather than men".

Matthew 15:9 And
in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Mark 7:7 And in vain they worship Me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men

Jesus was not born on December 25th. Sunday is not the Lord's Day. Easter is not a holiday ordained by God. Forty days of Lent is straight from Babylon. These are just to name a few of how far we have fallen from God and have adapted to the pagans influences around us.

Today, if you hear His voice turn from these things and God will receive you.

2 Corinthians 6:17 Therefore “Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.”

Let us not say that we know God and then teach our children the ways of pagan gods. Let us not say we know God and then deny Him by our disobedience.

Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but in works they deny Him, being abominable, disobedient, and disqualified for every good work.

Romans 2:13 For merely listening to the law doesn’t make us right with God. It is obeying the law that makes us right in his sight.
No one is arguing God changed except you.

Upvote 0

maco

May 6, 2007
✟2,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one is arguing God changed except you.

I've used hundreds of verses in our discussions and you've rejected every one of them. Is there anything you believe that's in the Bible? I say God does care how we worship Him and you're saying He doesn't. Hmmm, someone is wrong here.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

I've used hundreds of verses in our discussions and you've rejected every one of them. Is there anything you believe that's in the Bible? I say God does care how we worship Him and you're saying He doesn't. Hmmm, someone is wrong here.
Where did I say that. I've quit quoting much Bible because I'm tired of it being trampled like trash. The fact of your presentations here is promoting an agenda in contradiction to the whole Bible. You in fact don't care what the Bible says. All you care about is your agenda.

Upvote 0

LarryP2

Mar 13, 2014
✟1,841.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The false, nasty and slanderous statement that Christianity celebrates Easter because of "pagan origins" is an incredibly-ugly smear against devout Christians, who celebrate ONLY the Resurrection of Christ on that day.

Non-Christian cults like Seventh Day Adventism wish to systematically denigrate the effect of the Resurrection, in aid of their Works Based Salvation scheme. Adventists hold a variety of cultish and heretical doctrines regarding the Divinity of Christ, usually rejecting or denigrating his role in the Godhood. That is why they teach the Sabbath is more important than Easter: Their very Salvation depends on how well they keep the Sabbath.

Upvote 0