melanie1

Oct 15, 2003
Ohio
Visit site
✟174.00
Faith
Christian
enoch son said:
I'm a tongue talking, prophesing mad man (who has a sound mind) of God. I have been raised in this chruch. But let me make one thing clear, the foundation laid by our fathers is good, but not all of it is right. :thumbsup: I pray that the mod. let us go in the forum and move in the gifts that come after the infilling.:amen: Believe it or not I bite my tongue in the other forums when words of wisdom and knowledge come by the Spirit and are so powerful that I have to seat here and say Lord I can't write that! Man that hurts.:blush: Let the Holy Spirit GO! And let revelation of Jesus rain down upon all who enter. And bring us to the fullness of Christ. And to the mature man in Jesus our Lord. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!! :groupray:
Code:
I have been told that if God gives you a word you are supposed to share it. So you should not quench the word God has given you but tell it. How shall I be taught if the word is with held?

Upvote 0

Shalia

Veteran
Sep 7, 2004
Utah
✟9,882.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
enoch son said:
Instead of teaching a simple truth of the good news the chruch preach sin instead. Why! Is not the things of Christ a new creation is not the old creation gone? Then why preach the condemnation of the old? It's the love that draws men to Christ not SIN. When one leaves the condemnation doctrine of others and themself God moves fast into ones spiritual growth. just a few thoughts.;)
Ever read "Hell's Best Kept Secret" by Ray Comfort? Or watched "Way of the Master" w/ him and Kirk Cameron? It's IMPORTANT to convict people of their sin when bringing them to God, or there is no real repentance, and thus no real conversion. You can't be saved w/o real repentance and turning from your sins. How can you expect a non-Christian to know what his sins ARE if you don't tell him? How can you expect a preacher in a church to ever honestly convert and CONVICT those w/in his building if he doesn't remind us that we are sinners in need of our Lord's saving grace?

Absolutely God's love and glory are necessary messages. Absolutely they need to teach that we are new creations in Christ. But we are still not perfect. And we will still sin. We can still fall. And when we do, we STILL need to fall in repentance, beg for forgiveness, and move on, knowing we are forgiven. If we don't KNOW the truth of sin, KNOW what the Law is, KNOW where we have messed up, for lack of a better word, we don't know where to begin to ask the Lord to help us fix it.

I'm sorry, but I disagree. Preaching about sin and the law is equally important to preaching God's love and grace. W/o knowing one, we cannot truly appreciate the need for the other.

Shalia

Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Shalia said:
You can't be saved w/o real repentance and turning from your sins.
Whereas I completely agree with this statement, I don't always think that it's our job, to tell the people of their sins and to convict them. We're not the ones who need to do the convicting, the Holy Spirit it

How can you expect a non-Christian to know what his sins ARE if you don't tell him?
I once heard a story about this stripper who became saved and went to the pastor to ask him if she needed to give up stripping. His reply was for her to live her life according to what the Holy Spirit convicted her of. He didn't say yes, you need to stop, nor did he say no, you don't have to. This stripper went out, and since it was the only job she knew, she went to work the next night. Shortly after that she went back to the pastor and told him that she did give up stripping because she felt dirty and that it wasn't what God would want her to do.

The point of the story (and I know I tell it horribly) is that the pastor left it up to the Holy Spirit to convict her, which He did. It's not our place to condemn. For some, sin is dancing, drinking, and watching television. We have no right to place those convictions on other's. Granted, stripping, and many other sins are clearly outlined in the bible, and it's our obligation to disciple other's and point out what the bible says, but then we need to leave it up to the Holy Spirit to bring about change.

Preaching about sin and the law is equally important to preaching God's love and grace. W/o knowing one, we cannot truly appreciate the need for the other.
I totally agree with you. I'm not saying that we don't need to point out peoples sins, but we need to be careful to do it in a loving way and by simply pointing out what scripture says, not what WE believe to be sin. We also need to remember that before we can point out someone else's sins, we need to be clear of the "plank" in our own eye.

blessings

Upvote 0

Shalia

Veteran
Sep 7, 2004
Utah
✟9,882.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
immersedingrace said:
Whereas I completely agree with this statement, I don't always think that it's our job, to tell the people of their sins and to convict them. We're not the ones who need to do the convicting, the Holy Spirit it

I once heard a story about this stripper who became saved and went to the pastor to ask him if she needed to give up stripping. His reply was for her to live her life according to what the Holy Spirit convicted her of. He didn't say yes, you need to stop, nor did he say no, you don't have to. This stripper went out, and since it was the only job she knew, she went to work the next night. Shortly after that she went back to the pastor and told him that she did give up stripping because she felt dirty and that it wasn't what God would want her to do.

The point of the story (and I know I tell it horribly) is that the pastor left it up to the Holy Spirit to convict her, which He did. It's not our place to condemn. For some, sin is dancing, drinking, and watching television. We have no right to place those convictions on other's. Granted, stripping, and many other sins are clearly outlined in the bible, and it's our obligation to disciple other's and point out what the bible says, but then we need to leave it up to the Holy Spirit to bring about change.

I totally agree with you. I'm not saying that we don't need to point out peoples sins, but we need to be careful to do it in a loving way and by simply pointing out what scripture says, not what WE believe to be sin. We also need to remember that before we can point out someone else's sins, we need to be clear of the "plank" in our own eye.

blessings
Oh, I totally agree with you! But the message I was replying to seemed to imply that we shouldn't be preaching that sin is a problem at all, when it is. People wouldn't even KNOW to listen to the Holy Spirit if they didn't know that they had done something wrong.

I don't wander around telling people they are "bad" and that they need to stop sinning. In fact, I'm often told I'm too tolerant on things I shouldn't be tolerant on. But the way I read that was that we shouldn't tell people they are sinners, we should only preach God's love. It doesn't do to do that, if they don't know why they need grace and a Saviour to begin with.

And I have a GIANT plank in my eye. I know that. I'm working on removing it one splinter at a time. <sigh>

Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Shalia said:
Oh, I totally agree with you! But the message I was replying to seemed to imply that we shouldn't be preaching that sin is a problem at all, when it is. People wouldn't even KNOW to listen to the Holy Spirit if they didn't know that they had done something wrong.
ok

In fact, I'm often told I'm too tolerant on things I shouldn't be tolerant on.

you and me both

And I have a GIANT plank in my eye. I know that. I'm working on removing it one splinter at a time. <sigh>
Yea, me too...that whold splinter approach is time consuming though :-(

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.