MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We so often hear bad news -- this is a chance to share the Good News that God is truly with us.

Miracles happen daily in my life due to my forgetfulness. St. Nicholas the Wonderworker comes to my aid in miraculous ways to stimulate my thinking and help me find things that I have misplaced.

Alphabetical index of miracles in this thread

Angelic protection - post 4
Help finding employment - post 6
Holy Vestments survive fire! - post 13
Guardian angel - post 3, 14
Incorruptible saints - post 17
Miracles at Camp Nazareth - post 6
Miracles of grace - post 2
The Mystical Body of Christ - we never pray alone - post 7
Protectress of Christians, The Most Holy Theotokos, saves us - post 5
St. Mary, The Most Holy Theotokos, appears in Egypt - post 8
St. Nicholas, finder of lost items - post 1, 10
St Nilus of Sora - post 14

Reactions: Col

Matrona

Lady Godiva Freedom Rider
Aug 17, 2003
USA
Visit site
✟20,668.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
chanter said:
We so often hear bad news -- this is a chance to share the Good News that God is truly with us.
God made me the only pro-life Christian in my family.

When I was at my spiritual wit's end, God introduced me to Orthodoxy just in time.

Did I say "introduce"? He may as well have reached out His hand and pushed me through the door of the church. Well, whatever it was, it worked. :)

On a campus with 23,000 students, God made sure that I ended up meeting the ONE person here who could help me.

Upvote 0

Suzannah

A sinner
Nov 17, 2003
✟15,824.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I am here at CF with you!

Also, I have personally experienced the following:
a) A death experience in which I was shown eternity
b) An angel protected me during a very violent episode of my life, and the angel's existence was confirmed by a police officer who eyewitnessed the event.
:)
God bless you!

Upvote 0
Jun 24, 2003
The Dalles, OR
✟5,260.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
A few years ago while painting a house in Seattle, I fell off of a ladder and fell around 50 feet and landed on my back on a city sidewalk. My friend and the guy who was living in the house came out thinking I was in a world of hurt, but I did not even get a bruse. I told on of my friend's Fr Timothy that it was a miracle, that the Most Holy Theotokos by her prayers protected me.
Jeff the Finn

Upvote 0

leeand00

Oct 6, 2003
Williamsport, PA
✟152.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Here are three maricles that I was present for:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
In 2001 My Dad was unemployed for several months after GPU energy was bought out by First Energy. And he looked for a job for 9 months, he looked everywhere and all over the state of PA to find a job and could not find a place to get a job. The state gave him a little extent on the unemployment checks, and on the day the last unemployment check arrived, he was hired at a bank that was so close to our house he cold ride his bike to work. I sense that Gods' hand was in this.

When I was at Camp Nazareth at some point in the early 90s my friend Mellisa at a St. Nectarious Service was healed. She was on crutches for several months prior to the fact, when she tripped over a hurdel or something on the track at her school. She said she got a warm feeling in her leg when she was anointed with the oil from the lamp above the relics of St. Necktarious.

I don't know if this was one or not, but last year we had a swarm of bees at Camp Nazareth and they were right above cabins 4 & 5, in a tree. To get rid of them the priests blessed the tree, and the bees flew away! It was a vicious swarm of bees! I think it was a maricle, because I really doubt the smoke from the censor could go that high up in the tree and scare the bees off, I mean it was really high up in the air, they have big trees in Western PA, (Mercer, PA)

And here are a few I was not present for but heard about:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
There have always been things like this at Camp Nazareth, I wasn't there for all of them but I have heard stories as well, like when the icons wept there. One of the kids that year said that he wanted to see that God existed, and one of the larger Icons of the Mother of God (a picture of the one in Chicago that wept) started to weep. And if that wasn't enough, the small icons of the same Icon that wept in Chicago that were handed out the children in cabin 3 wept.

Also I heard that at St. Tekon's Semonary, when my priest (Father John Onafray) was there as a Semination, he said that there were 5 semonarions, and each of them had their cars blessed. All 5 of them were in car accedents but none of them were hurt.

And then there's the story of my great grandparents....
(2 Mircles)

My great grandfather John Popp came over on the boat from the Capathian mountains without even telling his family, because he was in the Austro Hungarian army and WWI was on its way; The general was fond of him and told him to leave the country because there was going to be a war. He didn't tell his family (which included his wife and child) so that they would not be questioned about his disapearence, by the army.
So he left the country and came to America and started working in the mines. When he got enough money to send for his wife Mary and their child Anna, Mary and Anna had a rough journey over, and many people became sick on the boat. Anna became sick and could keep down any food, she was 1 year old at the time. So Anna made a promise to God that she would not eat meat on Monday (as well as Weds and Friday) for the rest of her life. She kept this promise and Anna lived.
Later on they opened at store near Johnstown in PA. They also raised a couple of daughters and 5 sons one of which was my Grandfather. About this time World War II and the draft had started. My grandfather (John Jr.) escaped the draft because of a hernia he had gotten working at the store. His four bothers however had to go off to war. John (my great grandfather) having been in the army told all his sons to be cooks in the war; because they would always have food to eat. Mary prayed that all of her sons would return safely from the war, and she continued in her fasting on Monday Wedsday and Friday. All of her sons that went to war except for one became cooks. All of her sons that were not cooks returned safely from the war. The one that did not become a cook was Stevie and he was supposed to ship out on a battleship. The day he was supposed to ship out, his mother mary died, and because of this the navy did not allow him to get on the battleship and go to battle. Her prayer had been answered. All of her sons had come home safely.

Upvote 0

Peter

Veteran
Aug 19, 2003
Southern US
Visit site
✟2,154.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Here are two.

As I was at the family altar praying, my (then) 11 year old son just sat on the couch and stared at me. When I was done he said, "Dad, now I'm really afraid of you." When I asked why, he said, "The whole time you were praying, there was a guy standing next to you with his hand on your shoulder." (We had a good talk that this was not something to fear me over, but to give praise to God that he got to see it and encourage me with it.)

My oldest son is in a small Christian school. Through a miscommunication, we were not paying enough per month and got a bill the day before Christmas that said pay this before Jan. 1, 2004. The bill was in excess of $800. there was no way we could come up with that much. So I set all my friends to praying. Well, Jan. 1 came and went and attempts to reach the school had failed. The night before school started back, Jan. 6, I gave God an earful and accused Him of all kinds of bad things. However, the next morning I wrote my normal tuition check and sent the boy to school. He came home with a letter that gave a proposal for paying off the bill. The miracle? It was the exact same proposal I was going to ask for had I received the chance to talk to someone. I, of course, opologized (and confessed) to God.

Peace.

Peter

Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Matthias said:
Chanter, don't Orthodox pray to Saint Anthony when looking for misplaced items?

St. Anthony is a Catholic saint who lived after the Great Schism of 1054 AD. Sometimes when I'm really desperate to locate a lost item, I'll pray to both St. Nicholas and St. Anthony. The two saints are great.

St. Nicholas the Wonderworker has been wonderful in helping my husband and I find misplaced things. Just the other day my husband misplaced his cellular phone. I uttered a quick prayer and told my husband that I prayed to St. Nicholas. Within a few minutes my husband had located his phone. St. Nicholas never fails to help us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
KHOU TV Houston - [courtesy OrthodoxTexan]

Did Divine intervention play role in dry cleaner fire?

Did Divine intervention play a role in a fire that raced through a dry cleaning store? Maybe, but police and fire crews might be the ones who really got burned in the blaze at West Gray and Crocker.

You'd expect 5:00 to be busy at the corner dry cleaners. But customers of Up to Date Cleaners were in for a surprise Tuesday.

A closer look at the pile of debris left from the burned-out shop revealed something -- lots and lots of blue.
"I saw the boards on the windows and thought they had gone out of business," said Brian Wyka. "Look a little closer and they are definitely out of business, burned down."

It was 3:00 a.m. when the fire department got the call that Up to Date Cleaners was burning, fully involved.

But a closer look at the pile of debris left from the burned-out shop revealed something -- lots and lots of blue. On hand were lots of police officers, but they weren't there to investigate. They're customers.

"A lot of officers use this location because it is centrally located to the downtown area," explained Sgt. Larry Crowsen. "So there were a lot of police uniforms in there."

Thousands of them.

The blue was not just for police. Fire crews flocked there, too.

"It's going to be a disservice to everyone in the community," said Antwyne Johnson with the Houston Fire Department. "We are just here to support him and his family."

But they were there also to investigate. Arson is suspected in connection with the fire.

But the biggest surprise would come for Father Brendan Pelfrey from Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church. He came to comfort the owners who are members of his congregation. "I said, trying to be a little humorous, if it was a bad time to pickup my cleaning."

There was a single survivor. Father Pelfrey's vestments, hanging alone on a rack. The plastic bag melted and was stuck to the hanger. But the cloth was pristine.

"In the church things are sanctified, made Holy," said Father Pelfrey. "This ought to be a sort of sign to us. It's all hand embroidered."

Protected, the father said, by another hand.

One of the reasons there were so many officers' uniforms inside the cleaners is the post Super Bowl rush to get back up to speed.

Investigators are looking into the cause of the fire. According to the storeowners there are questions whether the store may have been targets simply because of the police uniforms.

Upvote 0
Jun 24, 2003
The Dalles, OR
✟5,260.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I thought I would share this here, as it was a miracle of sorts. Last night or early this morning, if you will, around 4:30 AM PST doing my route, I was out in the country going about 45 MPH when my back passenger side wheel came flying off! It made a horrible sound, I stopped and checked out the car with a flash light and it looked alright, but it was dark. So I began to go farther, thinking I must have hit something, when the sound came again and that is when the wheel went flying by me and rolled into a cherry orchard. I was not in a crash, and the car did not roll over or anything of the sort. The damage looks to be confined to a lost lug the thing just sheared off, all of the lug nuts were gone, but the remaining lugs were not stripped. The rotor will need to be replaced, as it got gouged pretty good as it fell and rolled a couple of times on the pavement.
guardianangel1.jpg
I would like to thank my Guardian Angel for protecting me in what could have been a very serious crash, and my patron for his constant prayers for me, St Nilus of Sora.
nilus3.jpg
Jeff the Finn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Col

Good looking and modest
Nov 16, 2003
Canberra
✟8,433.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
chanter said:

Miracles happen daily in my life due to my forgetfulness. St. Nicholas the Wonderworker comes to my aid in miraculous ways to stimulate my thinking and help me find things that I have misplaced.

Alphabetical index of miracles in this thread

Angelic protection - post 4
Help finding employment - post 6
Holy Vestments survive fire! - post 13
Guardian angel - post 3, 14
Miracles at Camp Nazareth - post 6
Miracles of grace - post 2
The Mystical Body of Christ - we never pray alone - post 7
Protectress of Christians, The Most Holy Theotokos, saves us - post 5
St. Mary, The Most Holy Theotokos, appears in Egypt - post 8
St. Nicholas, finder of lost items - post 1, 10
St Nilus of Sora - post 14
I thank God for Elizabeth, what a wonderful positive post.

You are truly an oasis of faith and true Christian encouragement in the desert of anger and arguments, which these forums so often become.
Bless you Elizabeth, you have truly brightened my day.

Col :) <><

Reactions: MariaRegina
Upvote 0

MariaRegina

Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟115,460.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The Orthodox Church is the Holy Church of Christ our God.

Miracles occur every day. This miracle of incorrupt saints is still seen today:

"The relics of St. Nicephorus, Patriarch of Constantinople, who died in the year 826 on the Island of Proconnesus (now Marmara, in the Sea of Marmara), were found 19 years later incorruptible and smelling sweet and were solemnly transferred to Constantinople on March 13, 846."

S. V. Bulgakov, Handbook for Church Servers, 2nd ed., 1274 pp. (Kharkov, 1900) p 110-111

Translated by Archpriest Eugene D. Tarris © 2 March 2004. All rights reserved.

Upvote 0

Umut

Dec 1, 2003
Toronto
✟810.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Peter, your story about your son witnessing "someone" standing over your shoulder truly gave me goosebumps. That is amazing. I'm almost too afraid to pray... Last night I was praying with three candles in front of my mirror, on my knees. I do not have any icons because of my mom's rebellion against religion. All my books are kept hidden behind my pillow. I was in the dark and I felt something very very strange when I was praying, I felt weird... but afterwards I felt like I was at peace, and avoided temptation for a few days, until now, and I still am.

But, yes, your story is definitely amazing.

Christ be with you all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.