Feb 4, 2012
✟34,547.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I really want to do it, but a part of me is scared. My life has been a rollercoaster, I am quite old-or I feel old- and I am scared that God is going to shake violently my world. My heart is tired, I don't know if I can stand it. At the same time, I understand there is no other way.
But it is easier said than done.
What are some practical ways to give God full control?
How do I know I am not following my own reasoning?

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,552.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I really want to do it, but a part of me is scared. My life has been a rollercoaster, I am quite old-or I feel old- and I am scared that God is going to shake violently my world. My heart is tired, I don't know if I can stand it. At the same time, I understand there is no other way.
Read and study the Bible —for hours each day. Get familiar with everything in it that you can. Find yourself looking up something you read just the other day that sounds like what you are reading today, in a completely different book. You will find the heart of God in there.

But it's really not playing with words to say God already is in full control. The submission is what's hard. You can't help but follow your own reasoning, but don't trust it. You may find yourself thanking God for shaking your world.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟384,009.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I was afraid of full surrender - many Christians are...

The key for me was realising that He as a God of Order works His order into our lives as we relinquish our disorder.

He truely is a loving Father so surrender to Him only ever results in Good.

Fear of loosing control is rejecting His Best for you.

It mat seem like a big leap, but underneath are the everlasting arms.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus teaches us to learn from the ways God cares for His Creation
Matthew 6:31-34
I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life e ? 28“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am quite old-or I feel old