Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have never been a big fan of the show. My wife loves it and so do many people we know. Now that the series is reaching its end, how many people here are going to miss it?

Have you been a fan of the show for a long time? Or didn't care for it like me?
Would you rather see it go on for a few more years?
Has the show lost it's level of quality (your decision, not mine :razz: ) throughout the years?

It's slated that the character Joey will come out with his own show called Joey's Apartment (hope I'm right on the name). Now this is probably just a rumor. If it isn't a rumor, do you think that it'll be as popular as the Friends series? Will they cut it at the last minute?

God bless!

:angel:

DixieBelle

Veteran
Oct 21, 2003
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I love "Friends"! :) I think it was prolly a smart move to quit now though....ya know, "quit while you're ahead" and that whole thing. I dunno about Joey's show. I like Joey, though he's not my favorite character...it might be alright and might not. Guess it'll depend on the storyline and all.

Upvote 0

biblebeliever

Jesus loves you!
Jan 7, 2004
Missouri
✟3,588.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I love watching Friends. I think it's smart of them to go out on top like they are though. It's sad when shows hang on so long that they lose their appeal, storyline, etc. Friends will live on in the reruns. We have a satellite dish and there are days when you can catch it 3-4 times in a row between the different stations! ;) I read something the other day that the guy who plays Ross will be directing Joey's new show. They're going to film it on the same set but it's supposed to take place in Los Angeles.

Upvote 0

HeatherJay

Kisser of Boo-Boos
Sep 1, 2003
Tennessee
Visit site
✟41,276.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's hilarious. We don't watch it every week, but when we do catch it while flipping through it cracks us up completely. There are so many lines that crack me up just thinking about them. I won't miss as much as some since we usually just catch the reruns, but it will be kind of sad. I just hope it all ends happily. I want Ross and Rachel together, Monica and Chandler with a baby, Phoebe and Mike happily ever after, and Joey with an awesome acting job. I don't think the Joey show will work...it just won't be the same with different 'friends'.

Love, Heather

Upvote 0

Maxxie28

Jan 22, 2004
Dallas, Tx
✟1,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hate that it's ending... I agree it's probably time... but I don't want it to go away... I grew up w/ this show... kinda like growing up w/ 90210 and other equally as stupid teenage soap operas... You're sick of watching them cause you're all growed up now, but you're sad to see them go too cause it's like saying bye to part of your teenage years (or atleast that's how I felt when it ended).

I hope they don't do the Joey spinoff... I know it's customary for it to happen but Frasier is the only one I know of that was actually successful and while Joey may have the looks that TV wants for young girls, I don't think he can pull a show off all by himself... they'd have to have a really awesome supporting cast that could totally seperate themselves from 'friends' and I don't think it'll happen.

Upvote 0

OceanAngel

Back?
Jan 23, 2004
North-East England
✟36,587.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I personally dont think the Joey spin off will work, unless they change the character in the way they have with Fraiser, I mean can you see him drinking beer at bar?

They'd have to change him, make him smarter, instead of making him dumber with they have seemed to do the last few seasons.

Upvote 0