Francis McNutt and Healing

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
✟15,140.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A Catholic Charismatic that I would recommend to both protestants and Catholics alike is Francis McNutt. Recently the Vatican sent a whole group of priests to his healing center in Florida to be taught how to heal the sick. Please look at his healing conferences available from his web site: christianhealingmin dot org

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟841,549.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would also certainly recommend Francis McNutt's books, retreats and healing center. Also, many of the healing courses are available on video, and are great for prayer groups and other small group teaching. Also, many of the radio broadcasts can be downloaded for free from the site.
http://www.christianhealingmin.org/

Please post the reference to the Vatican sending priests to his healing center.

A Catholic Charismatic that I would recommend to both protestants and Catholics alike is Francis McNutt. Recently the Vatican sent a whole group of priests to his healing center in Florida to be taught how to heal the sick. Please look at his healing conferences available from his web site: christianhealingmin dot org

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
One does not learn to heal unless he or she is a medical doctor. For a Christian it is through the gift of healing, and that comes from the Holy Spirit.

One does not need to be taught to use a gift of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Little Dove

Little Dove
Dec 15, 2011
Nowheresville
✟17,073.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One does not learn to heal unless he or she is a medical doctor. For a Christian it is through the gift of healing, and that comes from the Holy Spirit.

AMEN!! :clap::clap::clap:

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,999.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

If that is the case, why is the ministry of Teacher included in the five-fold ministries of the Christian Church?

Don't tell me that it is just for teaching Bible knowledge, because everything we have and are is a gift of the Holy Spirit, and we need to be taught how to understand and use the gifts and tools of the Spirit by experienced and effective men and women of God, ordained by the Spirit into a Teaching ministry in the Church.

It is this attitude that we don't need to be taught, that has given rise to all the shonky ideas that have led to the misuse and discrediting of the gifts of the Spirit. Untaught people who have the stupid idea that they can be laws to themselves, using the excuse that they are taught by the Spirit alone, have done a lot of damage to people's lives and to the church in general.

The Holy Spirit is not a indeterminate mist that hangs around and does magic things in people. He works through people, and God has ordained ministries in the Church, and the Holy Spirit brings teaching through those people. This is why we need good, experienced, effective, Bible-based believers in our churches that are able to teach others. One of the major qualifications of a church elder, according to Paul in his letters to Timothy and Titus is that he needs to be able to teach. If a believer cannot teach others, he cannot be a church elder (according to Paul).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P

Peaceful Dove

I have been through the McNutt's School of Healing Prayer. It is truly amazing.
I have to disagree that you do not need to be taught. You may not NEED to but it is definately a help. I had been praying for healing for 40 some years before attending this training. I saw miracles that is true. However, the McNutts teach you how to develop "Healing Teams". It is wonderful for Prayer Groups. You learn to pray in a stronger faith, you learn the background and frankly, I have seen more healings.
A lady called me (after I had attended the 'School), I was in CA and she was in New Jersey. Her doctor had found lumps in her tummy and wanted me to pray over the phone for her. I did and about 2 weeks later she called to tell me she had been to her doctor and he confirmed the lumps were gone. Then she gave me information that amazed me. She said she had been born stone deaf in her right ear. She hadn't mentioned that. She said when I prayed for healing of her tummy, she received the hearing in her ear. Total healing. She had the doctor confirm this too. This woman was 59 yrs old so it was unlikely she would just spontaneously have her hearing healed by any natural means.
I learned that God does not do things half way.
If you ever have the opportunity to attend the McNutts School do not miss out if you have a desire to pray for healing or deliverance. Frances is in his mid 80's and I believe his wife Judith is doing most of the teaching now. It is still wonderful.

Upvote 0

garysibio

Jun 8, 2011
✟16,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been to his school but I just reread Healing recently and just finished The Power to Heal this morning. Both are excellent.

There were some comments to the effect that healing is a gift and you don't need a class to get the gift. That's true, you don't. However, if you gave someone a car as a gift and they didn't know how to drive it, they are going to kill someone, maybe even themselves. The "I don't need anyone" attitude is spiritual pride and "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" [Prov 16:18 ESV].

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟192,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was always under the impression that the Holy Spirit would teach us how to do these things. Not saying that we shouldn't learn under another, but when push comes to shove, if what we feel led by the Spirit to do doesn't agree with a teaching we received under another human, the Spirit should be the one followed. Example:

Jesus spit on some to heal them, Paul gave out handkerchiefs, Peters shadow was cast, Smith Wigglesworth punched people.

Point being that we may be led to do some unconventional things, but if it is the Spirit guiding us we should obey regardless of how odd they may seem.

Upvote 0

Zeek

Follower of Messiah, Israel advocate and Zionist
Nov 8, 2010
England
✟11,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I first came across Francis McNutt many years ago in Israel...apart from his emphasis on healing, what struck me was his humour and his joy, he was a very easy person to warm to, I was surprised and delighted to see he is still alive and going strong in the L-rd.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟627,517.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
One does need to be taught some things - I don't know enough about McNutt . I have one book his main one on Healing and glance at it now and again. But I read more in Leanne Payne, who also held prayer schools though more for spiritual formation and maturation in Christ, than physical healing.

But she also emphasised the need to learn to move in the gifts. I am sure that sometimes God works through people without their knowing it at the time. Perhaps that's the best way. But modern people have blocks to believing in the spiritual gifts also and that was something Leanne Payne helped to people to overcome. So there is a theology. So its not so much teaching how to heal (like a doctor) but how to pray for healing. Obviously because its not the minister who does the healing anymore than a doctor putting a broken leg in a pastercast actually heals a bone.

And Jesus didn't mind in the least teaching his disciples how to pray.

I doubt Smith Wigglesworth punched anyone. I really don't think that anyone would be led of God to do that. Sorry but I have to say it.

Jesus made a paste with spittle and applied it, which i agree would be unususal nowadays most places. Use of water, oil, handkerchiefs - however are mentioned in the Bible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0