HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Here are some articles that I have recently run across that I thought would be handy for those who are new to Orthodoxy, are learning about Orthodoxy for the first time, and are just generally unfamiliar with the faith.

The articles don't go into the theology as much as the rubrics and the "why we do the things we do" of Orthodox life and worship.

Hope this helps!

In XC,

Maureen

Practical Tips for Orthodox Living

Some thing we should know while in Church

First Visit to an Orthodox Church -- Twelve Things I wish I'd Known

Introduction to Orthodoxy

HandmaidenOfGod

Christ is Risen! Indeed He is Risen!
Sep 11, 2004
✟15,769.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Oh! And if you're trying to FIND and Orthodox Church near you, here is a good place to start:

http://orthodoxyinamerica.com/

It's not authoritative or completely comprehensive, but it's a good place to start. :)

Note: The above site is for Churches in the U.S. and Canada. Please feel free to start a thread to request assistance in finding Churches outside the U.S. and Canada, as there are many members on TAW outside of these countries that would be happy to help you locate a Church. :)

Upvote 0

Dewi Sant

May 21, 2015
UK
✟63,953.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
Thanks, though I have already been to one service (which I absolulty loved and went through all of it including coffee hour) this is a vital source of information for me.

I have always been searching for a deeper spirituality in Christ and I feel that is already being fulfilled by the Orthodox church.

I praise God for leading me to such a place :clap:

Upvote 0

Ioan cel Nou

Jul 15, 2005
Barnsley, UK
✟16,378.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Here's a great site for finding Churches in the UK that use English in the Liturgy and for finding out about pre-Schism western saints. I've had to post links to it in a number of posts, so I thought I should add it in here.

http://www.orthodoxengland.btinternet.co.uk/hp.htm

James

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
attachment.php
...........:wave: ......:hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hungrytiger

I don't know what I'm talking about.
Feb 2, 2006
✟1,421.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Christ is born!
Glorify Him!
I am wondering about people who look here for information. Does anyone ask questions about Orthodoxy? I just wonder...

People do look in this forum for information about Orthodoxy and ask questions here. Actually this particular thread is a sticky and I think is mostly just for reference. But people are welcome to post new threads and ask questions; they're more likely to be read by people that way. Do you have questions or know someone else who does? I'm sure the people here would love to try and help.

Upvote 0

hungrytiger

I don't know what I'm talking about.
Feb 2, 2006
✟1,421.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually I am an Orthodox Christian. I was asking for information about this forum and how it works. What is a "sticky". :)

Threads are normally ordered by when the last post in them was, with the one with the most recent post at the top of the page. Normal threads get pushed off of the first page by newer threads, but stickies are "stuck" at the top and don't get pushed off. Announcements or references and things are often stickied so that they're easy to find and don't get lost. Does that help?

CF is rather huge and does have a lot of features. One place you can try if you don't understand something about how this forum works is the FAQ. There's also a subforum just for help with these kinds of things, it's called "CF How-To?". You can ask more questions there if you need to.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.