✟493,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
-
Like i say to all you who believe in a globe earth. The day is coming where God's true creation will be known to all. So we will find out who is promoting a lie. I look forward to this day.

Are you actually suggesting that attesting to the spheroid geometry of the planet is damnable?

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Good part about this debate and our positions we will eventually see who is promoting a lie.

Eventually? We can see who is now. I think this might be one of those, for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear things? I've been a serious Christian for 14 years ow and the proof is in the people about flat earth.

I've listened to and watched on video many many testimonies from all sorts of Christians and Pastors, and many of them were taken up in spirit above the earth to have different types of divine encounters. Some describes the continental landscape of earth and stuff while talking.

Now with all the flat earthers now don't you think it would be a big thing to be taken up above the earth by the Lord....and the earth is really flat? Worthy of mention? Not one single person has ever said, I saw the earth and it was flat, lol. I would think that even one person (especially a Christian) would mentio that truth, but no one has ever said that. Conclusion: Earth really is round.

Besides, if earth was flat then it's a good bet that other planets are too. Some of us have telescopes (not me), and if Earth is flat, did God orient all those other flat planets so we only see the top? Lol! I tell you, the slightest bit of critical thinking reveals the truth.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You vision is not so good, if you think you are seeing a sun, moon and stars. That are thousands to million to billions of miles and light years away out in an outer space.

That is the biggest joke in all of this debate, is the claim by science that their creation is observed. It is observed all right, through fake photo manipulation and cgi.

It can be readily observed through simple optical instruments, namely telescopes, which you could purchase yourself, and in an area where the sky is amenable to observation (mountainous areas with minimal light pollution are ideal), you could observe, among other things, celestial objects not visible to the naked eye and the motion of the planets in space, for example, you could with relative ease track the motion of Uranus, which cannot be seen without a telescope, but can be seen with them. And using larger telescopes such as those installed in a university you could perhaps see the rings of Saturn (although in 2025 they will on two occasions be invisible due to their orientation towards earth, and 2025 would not be a good year for viewing them).

Likewise I have repeatedly urged you and @JacksBratt to organize fellow flat Earthers to charter a flight from Buenos Aires to Melbourne, which will take you almost directly over the South Pole, or you could actually visit Antarctica and see the South Pole from the nearby McMurdough Research Station. Or you could take one of the intercontinental flights in the Southern Hemisphere which do actually exist and compare the travel time with what was expected. But the flight time from a trans-polar flight from Buenos Aires to Melbourne would literally be impossible in the flat earth model, so if a giant ice wall exists in Antarctica as is claimed that would be the surest way of finding out.

Until then as I see it this is simply a claim without evidence to support it, whereas the evidence in favor of the geodesic Earth is frankly overwhelming and consists of far more than fake photo manipulation and CGI. For example, the specific travel times between different points of the voyages of Prince Henry the Navigator, Ferdinand Magellan, and other explorers of the Southern Hemisphere, and old naval logbooks which preserve this, as well as records of flights operating on routes you claim do not exist, et cetera.

Now I wouldn’t actively debate this except for the fact that it is being claimed as a matter of Christian doctrine, which is not only untrue but poses an active impediment to evangelism. The controversial point of Christian doctrine is and always has been Christ Crucified, so when people raise other doctrinal issues to an extreme level of prominence, it detracts from the central message. For example, I am extremely sympathetic to young Earth creationism and there is an approach, which I would call the pre-optimized cosmological approach, wherein God could be said to have created the world in seven days with the parameters it would have as if the universe was 13 billion years old, and this creation through the conversion of a simulated reality to an actual reality would make sense if the creation of humanity was the primary objective of the creation of this universe; that said, when people stress an anti-intellectual approach to Young Earth Creationism which does not bother to explain the evidence contradicting it, and build theme parks about it, and debate with Bill Nye (who is an unpleasant man in my opinion due to his atheism and political activism, and an entertainer, not a scientist, who misrepresented among other things how one of the illusions in the Haunted Mansion worked on his program on the Disney Channel in order to facilitate a segue into holograms, and is not worth being debated with) not worth debating with) and make it the main point in textbooks for Christian education, this all collectively detracts from the central Gospel message of the Passion and Resurrection of our Lord and our hope for resurrection that this entails.

Frankly, in the grand scheme of things, the shape of the Earth is almost entirely irrelevant next to the Incarnation of the Only Begotten Son and Word of God in the person of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ. But by making it an issue, this creates a needless impediment to people hearing the Gospel, just as those who over-emphasize Young Earth Creation or insist upon the sole inspiration of the KJV (discussion of which finally had to be banned on CF.com a couple of years ago) create controversies which are distractions from the essential task of evangelism, which is, as St. Paul said, preaching Christ crucified.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you actually suggesting that attesting to the spheroid geometry of the planet is damnable?
-
That would be believed for your theological beliefs about Eternal Life salvation, not mine.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It can be readily observed through simple optical instruments, namely telescopes, which you could purchase yourself, and in an area where the sky is amenable to observation (mountainous areas with minimal light pollution are ideal), you could observe, among other things, celestial objects not visible to the naked eye and the motion of the planets in space, for example, you could with relative ease track the motion of Uranus, which cannot be seen without a telescope, but can be seen with them. And using larger telescopes such as those installed in a university you could perhaps see the rings of Saturn (although in 2025 they will on two occasions be invisible due to their orientation towards earth, and 2025 would not be a good year for viewing them).

Likewise I have repeatedly urged you and @JacksBratt to organize fellow flat Earthers to charter a flight from Buenos Aires to Melbourne, which will take you almost directly over the South Pole, or you could actually visit Antarctica and see the South Pole from the nearby McMurdough Research Station. Or you could take one of the intercontinental flights in the Southern Hemisphere which do actually exist and compare the travel time with what was expected. But the flight time from a trans-polar flight from Buenos Aires to Melbourne would literally be impossible in the flat earth model, so if a giant ice wall exists in Antarctica as is claimed that would be the surest way of finding out.

Until then as I see it this is simply a claim without evidence to support it, whereas the evidence in favor of the geodesic Earth is frankly overwhelming and consists of far more than fake photo manipulation and CGI. For example, the specific travel times between different points of the voyages of Prince Henry the Navigator, Ferdinand Magellan, and other explorers of the Southern Hemisphere, and old naval logbooks which preserve this, as well as records of flights operating on routes you claim do not exist, et cetera.

Now I wouldn’t actively debate this except for the fact that it is being claimed as a matter of Christian doctrine, which is not only untrue but poses an active impediment to evangelism. The controversial point of Christian doctrine is and always has been Christ Crucified, so when people raise other doctrinal issues to an extreme level of prominence, it detracts from the central message. For example, I am extremely sympathetic to young Earth creationism and there is an approach, which I would call the pre-optimized cosmological approach, wherein God could be said to have created the world in seven days with the parameters it would have as if the universe was 13 billion years old, and this creation through the conversion of a simulated reality to an actual reality would make sense if the creation of humanity was the primary objective of the creation of this universe; that said, when people stress an anti-intellectual approach to Young Earth Creationism which does not bother to explain the evidence contradicting it, and build theme parks about it, and debate with Bill Nye (who is an unpleasant man in my opinion due to his atheism and political activism, and an entertainer, not a scientist, who misrepresented among other things how one of the illusions in the Haunted Mansion worked on his program on the Disney Channel in order to facilitate a segue into holograms, and is not worth being debated with) not worth debating with) and make it the main point in textbooks for Christian education, this all collectively detracts from the central Gospel message of the Passion and Resurrection of our Lord and our hope for resurrection that this entails.

Frankly, in the grand scheme of things, the shape of the Earth is almost entirely irrelevant next to the Incarnation of the Only Begotten Son and Word of God in the person of our Lord, God and Savior Jesus Christ. But by making it an issue, this creates a needless impediment to people hearing the Gospel, just as those who over-emphasize Young Earth Creation or insist upon the sole inspiration of the KJV (discussion of which finally had to be banned on CF.com a couple of years ago) create controversies which are distractions from the essential task of evangelism, which is, as St. Paul said, preaching Christ crucified.
-
I have posted several times, my actual recordings of saturn, jupiter, photos of the ISS, the moon. So do not give me this - It can be readily observed through simple optical instruments.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Eventually? We can see who is now. I think this might be one of those, for those who have eyes to see and ears to hear things? I've been a serious Christian for 14 years ow and the proof is in the people about flat earth.

I've listened to and watched on video many many testimonies from all sorts of Christians and Pastors, and many of them were taken up in spirit above the earth to have different types of divine encounters. Some describes the continental landscape of earth and stuff while talking.

Now with all the flat earthers now don't you think it would be a big thing to be taken up above the earth by the Lord....and the earth is really flat? Worthy of mention? Not one single person has ever said, I saw the earth and it was flat, lol. I would think that even one person (especially a Christian) would mentio that truth, but no one has ever said that. Conclusion: Earth really is round.

Besides, if earth was flat then it's a good bet that other planets are too. Some of us have telescopes (not me), and if Earth is flat, did God orient all those other flat planets so we only see the top? Lol! I tell you, the slightest bit of critical thinking reveals the truth.
-
Show me in The Bible where God states He created planets. the creation account in Genesis, plainly states God created the sun, moon and stars. Do you think it would have been so difficult for God to add planets to He creation account in Genesis if He had created planets.

As for these death accounts, if you want to believe them be my guest. I do not believe in death encounters, that is the problem with this age of the church. The Bible is just not good enough, people are always seeking more revelation about God from these death encounters, science, etc..

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Im sorry, what?

You stated: Are you actually suggesting that attesting to the spheroid geometry of the planet is damnable?

So if you take what i wrote that way, i am guessing that is what you believe. Which is believing or telling lies will cause a person to end up in the lake of fire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,489,652.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I used to believe the earth was round. After researching flat earth, I believe it's flat.

There's a group on Gab about flat earth with supporting evidence: Flat Earth · Group · Gab.com
Or you could repeat the experiments that convinced the ancient Greeks 2350 years ago that the earth was spheroidal.

Take a friend and go to a seaport that has high cliffs (or high buildings) above it and decent ship traffic in and out.

One of you take the high position on the cliff or on the rooftop of the high building. The other take a position on the dock or beach at sea level.

The ancient Greeks had to shout or use semaphores, but you can use your cell phones to communicate with each other. Also, the ancient Greeks had to have sharp eyesight, but you can both use binoculars.

Both of you watch the same ship going out to sea. Watch the ship and communicate to each other when you each see the ship beginning to disappear beyond the horizon, and also describe how you see the ship disappearing. That is, is the ship only getting smaller and smaller until it disappears, or is it also disappearing incrementally?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

InChristAlone525

May 12, 2022
tropics
✟17,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After pretty rigorous study about this I concluded that flat earthers have zero scientific evidence of the earth being flat other than 'it looks like it to me'. The map that goes along with the theory was originally created and used by globe-earthers, called an azimuthal equidistant projection, the flat earthers can't even come up with their own map! It's laughable because if you use the projection map with the ice wall you'd have to believe Australia doesn't exist! On that map it's completely stretched out and looks nothing like it does in real life. A lot of flat earthers just simply deny Australia because it doesn't fit their theory. Anytime you bring up something that denies their theory they change topics as well. Very common tactic. I think it's a psyop.

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You stated: Are you actually suggesting that attesting to the spheroid geometry of the planet is damnable?

So if you take what i wrote that way, i am guessing that is what you believe. Which is believing or telling lies will cause a person to end up in the lake of fire.

To clarify, I do not believe that believing in an erroneous cosmology is damnatory, so regardless of whether the world is flat or wrong, that would not get one into trouble. Of course intentional deceipt that one is unrepentent over could be considered a form of apostasy, but we have to pray for our Lord’s forgivness, and His mercy according to scripture does endure forever. And we also have to forgive others. Therefore I beg your forgiveness snould any of my posts to you come across as personally offensive.

I will confess I thought you were implying that you thought that advocating against a flat earth based on sincere belief could be damnatory, but you clearly do not, and it was not my intention to offend.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,025,345.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
-
Show me in The Bible where God states He created planets. the creation account in Genesis, plainly states God created the sun, moon and stars. Do you think it would have been so difficult for God to add planets to He creation account in Genesis if He had created planets.

As for these death accounts, if you want to believe them be my guest. I do not believe in death encounters, that is the problem with this age of the church. The Bible is just not good enough, people are always seeking more revelation about God from these death encounters, science, etc..

Interpretation, interpretation, interpretation.....

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
To clarify, I do not believe that believing in an erroneous cosmology is damnatory, so regardless of whether the world is flat or wrong, that would not get one into trouble. Of course intentional deceipt that one is unrepentent over could be considered a form of apostasy, but we have to pray for our Lord’s forgivness, and His mercy according to scripture does endure forever. And we also have to forgive others. Therefore I beg your forgiveness snould any of my posts to you come across as personally offensive.

I will confess I thought you were implying that you thought that advocating against a flat earth based on sincere belief could be damnatory, but you clearly do not, and it was not my intention to offend.

God bless.
-
A free grace person (which i am) would never say anything (held beliefs or actions) affects a person Eternal Life once they have believed in Jesus for Eternal Life.

I was not offended, you just seems unclear as to my post.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,196,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
-
Like i say will will eventually see, who are the fakers.
Like I said, we can readily see it now. We've been posting information about flights between continents in the Southern Hemisphere which are impossible on any flat earth model. About the only response we can expect from you is, "show me in the Bible where it says God created continents".

Since you have absolutely nothing you can say to explain how something which is impossible in your world view occurs on a regular basis, you fall back on your empty claims of "fake photos and cgi", as if that will somehow make the argument collapse.

Your pride has blinded you, and that is, potentially, a salvation issue.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,196,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Show me in the Bible where God states He created silicon. You are using silicon at this very moment either through a computer or a smart phone yet according to your logic it is something else entirely with completely different properties since only a few elements are specifically mentioned in the Scriptures, so it must be one of those.

• Winner
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, we can readily see it now. We've been posting information about flights between continents in the Southern Hemisphere which are impossible on any flat earth model. About the only response we can expect from you is, "show me in the Bible where it says God created continents".

Since you have absolutely nothing you can say to explain how something which is impossible in your world view occurs on a regular basis, you fall back on your empty claims of "fake photos and cgi", as if that will somehow make the argument collapse.

Your pride has blinded you, and that is, potentially, a salvation issue.

I have told you before i do not not fly, but if i did i would address the flying questions. That is after i flew on many flights seeing for myself the paths airplanes take. But what ever they are they are flying over a flat and stationary earth.

As for salvation issues i do not subscribe to your orthodox beliefs, i stick with The Bible when it comes to Eternal Life and God's creation accounts. If you want to venture into men and their ways fine with me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.