Phil G

Grafted In
Sep 11, 2012
✟20,909.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God created two lights, is all that is need. Just as simple as believe in Jesus for Eternal Life.
need a verse for each.

Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me has everlasting life.

You do not make any point worth addressing, just repeated statements that you do not believe The Bibles creation account about the sun and moon
You obviously can’t address my points so you cop out and deflect. Just repeating your claims means nothing. I addressed them & you can’t answer. End of.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You obviously can’t address my points so you cop out and deflect. Just repeating your claims means nothing. I addressed them & you can’t answer. End of.
-

Believe what you want, just the way you do about The Bibles creation accounts.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My point was that Genesis does not say how God created the world; only that he did.
I understand your point (that Genesis cannot be used as a technical description of the process), however, Genesis says how, too:
- by word
- from waters
- in six stages
- etc

Also, similarly, Genesis 2 says how God made a man - from dust, with breath - how God made a woman etc.

So, Genesis says how, its just not literal. Its obviously much more similar to a theatrical play with six scenes than to a science book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Believe what you want, just the way you do about The Bibles creation accounts.
You are right about one thing - there are really creation accounts (two, not just one) which are from different authors and partly inconsistent with each other. Some Genesis editor/s put them together, but they have, most probably, different origin.

And there are also several Bibles, not just one. The Septuagint and the Masoretic text, for example, being various versions of Genesis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟47,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, learning requires you to pay attention and to reflect what is written in my posts, either with a proper argumentation or acceptance.

So in other words I should accept what you say ?

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This Psalm 19:1 is on Wernher von Braun (head of NASA) gravestone & I think he secretly knew the truth about the firmament & it was his subtle way of getting the truth across.
How can you "secretly know" the truth about firmament. Based on what experiment, what observation or on what math?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So in other words I should accept what you say ?
Not automatically. You should reason properly, though, and learn from solid, credible sources, not from youtube videos of various weirdos who have some mental problems, likely.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I understand your point (that Genesis cannot be used as a technical description of the process), however, Genesis says how, too:
- by word
- from waters
- in six stages
- etc

Also, similarly, Genesis 2 says how God made a man - from dust, with breath - how God made a woman etc.

So, Genesis says how, its just not literal. Its obviously much more similar to a theatrical play with six scenes than to a science book.
Yes.
I was thinking more that it doesn't say, "this is how God created matter from nothing". Or "this is how he made the trees - he made them full grown and put rings into them to make them look older than they were". Or "this is a description of God creating the dragon fly's nervous system".

God spoke and things came into existence; but we don't know more than that.

Upvote 0

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟47,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
King James Bible
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

What are these invisible things ? Is it;

1. The Aether
2. The Demons
3. The Angels
4. The Firmament
5. The Heavens
6. The Air
7. DNA
8. Our Senses
9. The Foundations Of The Earth

I reckon it is the Aether

(PDF) Dynamic Theory of the Aether [DRAFT] - Unifying

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​
Sure it does, it pits what science states is reality to what The Bible states is reality about God's creation.
Show me - and us - where the shape of the earth is stated in Genesis 1 and you will put an end to 2,400 posts and many pages of arguments.

• Winner
Reactions: Phil G
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Apple Sky

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟47,797.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The ancients had advanced technological knowledge and capabilities which Tesla
uncovered once again.

The moon landings were very clearly staged as anyone that watches the remnants we have of the original
Apollo footage or looks at any of Nasa’s photos with with a keen eye can discern.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,071,697.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which I do - God
But God has not given us scientific details of HOW his world/universe works.
The Bible is not a science text book. You, yourself, have agreed that Genesis does not tell us how he did this - see post #2,421. God is silent on the shape of the earth, its place in the solar system, how it works, preserves and produces life etc etc. He has given US the ability to learn these things, just as he gave Adam and Eve the ability to care for the garden, name all the animals and so on.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
King James Bible
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

What are these invisible things ? Is it;

1. The Aether
2. The Demons
3. The Angels
4. The Firmament
5. The Heavens
6. The Air
7. DNA
8. Our Senses
9. The Foundations Of The Earth

I reckon it is the Aether

Perhaps you will understand the NIV better:

For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

The invisible things are not the created things, but God's qualities. I wonder why you cannot get literally any post right, not even quite easy Bible verses.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Show me - and us - where the shape of the earth is stated in Genesis 1 and you will put an end to 2,400 posts and many pages of arguments.
-
I really do not care what you believe.

You can not even believe a simple straight forward verse in Genesis 1 about the moon being a created light. So really you are not looking for actual proof. You are just looking for another post so you can say see the earth is not flat because it does not say the earth is flat so on and so on.

Just like Jesus presenting Himself to the Jewish leaders doing only miracles that the Tanakh said The Messiah would be able to do. But yet they were not actually looking for miracles so they could believe Jesus was The Messiah. They were looking for miracles from Jesus so they could accuse Jesus of being from demons.

Just like you (about God's creation accounts in The Bible) they had already made up their mind and no amount of Biblical proof will persuade you.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-​

Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

The language of divided/separated (badal) shows God is speaking about His creation as a flat plane. When something is divided, it is language that would be used of a plane, the waters were divided.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then God said, “Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.” Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so.

The language of divided/separated (badal) shows God is speaking about His creation as a flat plane. When something is divided, it is language that would be used of a plane, the waters were divided.
You are still making the error of thinking that Genesis was dictated by God in a literal manner. It was written by ancient Hebrews and the genre is mythological.

The flat earth idea behind Genesis 1 is not of God, but of those Hebrews. It was a common concept in the bronze-age Mesopotamia. Therefore, all your work is not defending God (or whatever you think you are doing here), but defending the bronze-age human concepts and traditions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟257,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You are still making the error of thinking that Genesis was dictated by God in a literal manner. It was written by ancient Hebrews and the genre is mythological.

The flat earth idea behind Genesis 1 is not of God, but of those Hebrews. It was a common concept in the bronze-age Mesopotamia. Therefore, all your work is not defending God (or whatever you think you are doing here), but defending the bronze-age human concepts.
-

You have long ago lost any credibility, with me, so why keep repeating your misunderstanding of The Bible.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟157,084.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have long ago lost any credibility, with me, so why keep repeating your misunderstanding of The Bible.
When you repeat bronze-age ideas, I will repeat those are bronze-age ideas. Easy as a pie.

Regarding credibility, do not think that flat earthers have any. Its actually a bit funny that you use such word.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.