Hong Kong
✟153,314.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Forgive me, but the gap between is large between flat Earthers and creationists, which I am not, although there is a trivial metaphysical way to reconcile evolution and creation (which is simply to say that God instantiated the world with pre-evolved lifeforms), although I myself am proud of the fact that the idea of the Big Bang came from a Roman Catholic priest and the first to theorize about black holes was an 18th century Anglican priest. I do respect creationists however in that their movement represents a legitimate backlash against the misapplication of the concept of natural selection by the Eugenics movement. That said, the criminal misuse of science does not invalidate science, which is why I support nuclear power and oppose the use of nuclear weapons as they are presently deployed.

I also take exception to your engaging in this cultural anthropology on a Christian forum, as though the Flat Earth movement was some uniquely Christian issue, when in fact every Christian denomination I am aware of rejects the Flat Earth concept and on the other hand Islam actually teaches it. And there are plenty of Muslim creationists as well. Trying to teach evolution in Afghanistan is not advisable.
A lot to unpack there.
First, it has next to nothing to do with
what i said, so im left wondering.

Next- a good percentage of the flatties go by
what they think the Bible says.
And, like creationists, they sacrifice all integrity
for their - ism. So, yeah. They are peas In a pod.

There's no need to talk " trivial metaphysical"
etc. I know what creationism is.

" take pride" ? Why?
That not all Christians let their religion force
them into intellectual dishonesty ?
Everyone knows they don't all. Maybe not even a majority.

I dont get how you find value to respect in a regressive
anti intellectual, intellectually dishonest - ism (creationism) that falsely conflates Eugenics / nazis
with the theory of evolution.

Their invidious attack on science employs
the exact same falsehood that they decry.

Maybe you could look into your allegiance
a little harder.

You might also go on to notice some other very negative issues with creationism that I didn't mention.

Finally. You ought "take exception" with yourself
for charging me with an offense that you made up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,314.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is true that, generally speaking, arguing with someone on the Internet is very unlikely to change their mind--I have had relatively few experiences where I argued with someone and the other person just straight up said "yep, you've convinced me I was wrong and you were right." I am, for the record, not counting simple cases of factual correction, in which people are far more likely to accept it.

However, there are other people who may be observing the argument who could be persuaded. Many times, the purpose of answering people's arguments in a public forum (Internet or otherwise) is not to convince them, but to convince anyone who is observing the argument.
Show me when I am wrong and I accept it.
It's kinda called " learning"

• Winner
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟485,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
A lot to unpack there.
First, it has next to nothing to do with
what i said, so im left wondering.

Next- a good percentage of the flatties go by
what they think the Bible says.
And, like creationists, they sacrifice all integrity
for their - ism. So, yeah. They are peas In a pod.

There's no need to talk " trivial metaphysical"
etc. I know what creationism is.

" take pride" ? Why?
That not all Christians let their religion force
them into intellectual dishonesty ?
Everyone knows they don't all. Maybe not even a majority.

I dont get how you find value to respect in a regressive
anti intellectual, intellectually dishonest - ism (creationism) that falsely conflates Eugenics / nazis
with the theory of evolution.

Their invidious attack on science employs
the exact same falsehood that they decry.

Maybe you could look into your allegiance
a little harder.

You might also go on to notice some other very negative issues with creationism that I didn't mention.

Finally. You ought "take exception" with yourself
for charging me with an offense that you made up.

Having read the works of the major proponents of Eugenics, I feel confident in asserting their entire theory is predicated on a misinterpretation of the idea of natural selection.

Furthermore, as I said I have no allegiance to creationists, but it is the case that one can use simple metaphysics, which i described, to reconcile their beliefs with science, provided one is willing to discard the principle of parsimony as expressed by Occam’s Razor. I myself don’t care about this, since it is to a certain extent irrelevant and unknowable, but I cannot condemn a creationist for being unscientific without going into further detail about what they believe. I have met some who are, to be sure, for example, those who deny that evolution existed or who falsely claim that cavemen lived alongside dinosaurs, which is a fabulous fallacious faux pas outside the fantasy of the Flintstones.

But you left my main question unanswered: why make Christians the subject of your “anthropological observations”, when the Muslims officially believe in creationism, and unlike Christianity, believe that Muhammed taught that the world was flat, and this view is made clear in both the Quran and the Hadiths?

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟153,314.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Having read the works of the major proponents of Eugenics, I feel confident in asserting their entire theory is predicated on a misinterpretation of the idea of natural selection.

Furthermore, as I said I have no allegiance to creationists, but it is the case that one can use simple metaphysics, which i described, to reconcile their beliefs with science, provided one is willing to discard the principle of parsimony as expressed by Occam’s Razor. I myself don’t care about this, since it is to a certain extent irrelevant and unknowable, but I cannot condemn a creationist for being unscientific without going into further detail about what they believe. I have met some who are, to be sure, for example, those who deny that evolution existed or who falsely claim that cavemen lived alongside dinosaurs, which is a fabulous fallacious faux pas outside the fantasy of the Flintstones.

But you left my main question unanswered: why make Christians the subject of your “anthropological observations”, when the Muslims officially believe in creationism, and unlike Christianity, believe that Muhammed taught that the world was flat, and this view is made clear in both the Quran and the Hadiths?
You have no "allegiance to" creationists but
you respect them.
Yet their 99% focus is simply anti science.
And misunderstanding ToE in exactly the same
way as those rotten eugenics people.

Parsimonious, and metaphysics... Seriously?
It's just ignorant people regurgitating nonsense.
Simple. No 27 cent vocabularianisms needed.

Youve expressed little prob with creos spreading false doctrine and antiscience garbage.

Never mind flintstones. All creationism
is ignorant regressive antiscience.

But you take eexception to my saying so.

"Takikg exception", like I don't know
that what I say of the creationists appies to others.

And you sure don't need to tell me twice
about there being others.

Is it not obvious, also beyond doubt and need
to say so that Christian creationists are who is here,
who make up about half of Americans?

Trot out a moslem creationist for me if you can find one here.

What exactly is your problem with me and what I have
to say.? So far you have not made much sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0