Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter jumped out of the truck to unhinge her car; it was useful to have a big truck that could perform multiple functions. He looked up in the sky and saw the eagle flying around. He decided to wait a few moments; he did have to ask Jimmy to open up the Mission House. He knew they were going to need the shelter today; they were going to need God's mercy. He wasn't a preacher; they would probably need a Pastor too.

So many things to think about ... Peter decided he should just take it one step at a time ...

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter jumped out of the truck to unhinge her car; it was useful to have a big truck that could perform multiple functions. He looked up in the sky and saw the eagle flying around. He decided to wait a few moments; he did have to ask Jimmy to open up the Mission House. He knew they were going to need the shelter today; they were going to need God's mercy. He wasn't a preacher; they would probably need a Pastor too.

So many things to think about ... Peter decided he should just take it one step at a time ...

Lorena shook knocking on the door. "What if...what if he doesn't take me in?"

Aunt Murtle opened the door and hesitated a moment before remembering who she was.

"Lorena? Is that you? Oh Lorena! It is! The Lord brought you home to us. Praise God. Thank you God." She said, embracing her in a hug. "But how? How did you get here? Why are you here?" Lorena was at a loss for words, tears of relief and joy in her eyes. She pointed over at Peter unhinging her car.

"Is that, Peter? He helped you? This is getting to be a pretty exciting Christmas Eve for sure. Come in, come in!"

"I think not, Murtle." A voice came racing downstairs. It was Jim, and he wore a firm look on his face. "She has been into drugs the last, what, Lorena, 8 years? 10?

"I...I have been clean a month now. I was looking to come home...start over...h-hi Uncle Jim."

"You can stay at the shelter until you can prove us that." He said. Lorena nodded in tears.

"Come here." He said, wrapping his arms around her in a hug. He may have showed tough love, but he really was a caring man. "I am glad you came home." He said. "You said Peter is here?"

Lorena nodded. "Murtle, please open the shelter and get her settled in there. Check to make sure she is clean."

Lorena's feelings were hurt, but knew it was to be expected . She was determined to gain back some trust. She walked feeling a little bit relieved and small, walking to Murtle's car.

"You have to be tough on the girl?" Murtle said. "She just came home. It is Christmas Eve. We should invite her in here for Christmas instead of going to town. Sam has been trying to get through too, but the phone lines are down. He has been sending one of those telegraphs."

"Ill check it in a little bit. I need to see what Peter wants." Jim said. "As far as Lorena goes, she needs to be drug tested and observed before I would even think of her coming into this house."

"Well it is a miracle, even if you are playing tough cop." Jim gave a half grin back.

She gave a bright smile and waved at Peter, before meeting Lorena at the car.

"Love you, Murtle." He said, kissing her on the cheek before walking off towards Peter.

Jim sighed heavily and walked out to Peter.

"Thanks for stopping to help Lorena." He said, pulling out his wallet. "How much do I owe you for towing her car? Know Sam plans to come home for Christmas tomorrow, so I might have to pay you some later."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Blessed more than I deserve
Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter put a grimace on his face. "How much? How much? Do you know how much time it took to go out of my way to bring her here, to get this car here?"

He paused, letting the awkward silence settle in first. Then he said:

"Nothing! It cost me absolutely nothing! The Lord told me to do it ... and when the Lord shows mercy on you and then expects you to show mercy on other people ... well ... you do what you're told" Peter said while fumbling with his truck.

"And Jim; you're not going to believe this. The Lord told me not to sell my stuff in town today; instead He was very clear to me. The town needs this stuff; it needs to be placed at the mission. There's a storm coming." He opened the bed of the truck and showed it off to Jim like Vanna White showing off a letter.

• Haha
Reactions: Mayflower1
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter put a grimace on his face. "How much? How much? Do you know how much time it took to go out of my way to bring her here, to get this car here?"

He paused, letting the awkward silence settle in first. Then he said:

"Nothing! It cost me absolutely nothing! The Lord told me to do it ... and when the Lord shows mercy on you and then expects you to show mercy on other people ... well ... you do what you're told" Peter said while fumbling with his truck.

"And Jim; you're not going to believe this. The Lord told me not to sell my stuff in town today; instead He was very clear to me. The town needs this stuff; it needs to be placed at the mission. There's a storm coming." He opened the bed of the truck and showed it off to Jim like Vanna White showing off a letter.

Jim's mouth dropped wide open in disbelief. "Well, um, Peter. Have you been drinking?" He looked closely in his eyes for redness and looked at him sideways to check his balance. He then started laughing merrily, his eyebrows raised.

"Well, Peter, I don't know what to say. This is a big surprise! I mean, the shelter can always use blankets and things for emergencies...there isn't a storm coming though. We are expecting clear weather."

He put his wallet away. He wasn't going to argue with not having to pay him. "I don't get it. Why the sudden change in heart? You stopped caring for Canteberry Commons after Lorelai passed."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"But the Lord never stopped caring for me" Peter responded. "And that's where the difference lies."

Peter debated in himself on whether or not to tell Jim about his morning events. All he could do was try; he closed the bed of his truck and locked the side latchet.

"You won't believe me when I say this morning, this is my 2nd chance. I don't know how else to say this; but somehow I initially drove by Lorena. A whole bunch of things happened to me, Sheriff. I'm not sure I can explain it all. All I know is, God's Spirit basically told my spirit to get with the program and that I can't drive by Lorena because of this storm that is coming. I also feel very strongly that Lorena needs healing; so, if she wants to - I think her helping at the mission would be very helpful."

He looked straight into Jimmy's eyes to show him he was serious. "I know the weather said clear; I'm positive we're getting a snow storm like we've not seen before. We need the mission house open and we need a Spirit filled Preacher."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"But the Lord never stopped caring for me" Peter responded. "And that's where the difference lies."

Peter debated in himself on whether or not to tell Jim about his morning events. All he could do was try; he closed the bed of his truck and locked the side latchet.

"You won't believe me when I say this morning, this is my 2nd chance. I don't know how else to say this; but somehow I initially drove by Lorena. A whole bunch of things happened to me, Sheriff. I'm not sure I can explain it all. All I know is, God's Spirit basically told my spirit to get with the program and that I can't drive by Lorena because of this storm that is coming. I also feel very strongly that Lorena needs healing; so, if she wants to - I think her helping at the mission would be very helpful."

He looked straight into Jimmy's eyes to show him he was serious. "I know the weather said clear; I'm positive we're getting a snow storm like we've not seen before. We need the mission house open and we need a Spirit filled Preacher."

Jim shined a light in Lorena's back seat and floor boards, checking for drugs or weapons. He opened the truck and glove compartments, but all he could see was an empty tank of gas and one tattered bag of clothes.

"Well, Lorena is staying at the mission until I can make sure she is legitimately different. If you want to unload the half with her I think will spoil before we need it, and stay there with her while it is open, I trust you. Ill help unload the stuff I know we will eventually use, but I am going home unless a storm hits. It is Christmas Eve." He said with a laugh. "You have lost your mind Peter James, but I like this you a lot better. I appreciate your contribution and I want to make sure and let this town know what a changed man you are." He smiled big, unlocking his police car. "But I am still not helping you unload items just to spoil." He said, putting his burly arm around his shoulder and giving him an Indian burn. "And you will have to be the spirit filled preacher. Pastor Scott is on vacation and we are having the nativity play."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jim shined a light in Lorena's back seat and floor boards, checking for drugs or weapons. He opened the truck and glove compartments, but all he could see was an empty tank of gas and one tattered bag of clothes.

"Well, Lorena is staying at the mission until I can make sure she is legitimately different. If you want to unload the half with her I think will spoil before we need it, and stay there with her while it is open, I trust you. Ill help unload the stuff I know we will eventually use, but I am going home unless a storm hits. It is Christmas Eve." He said with a laugh. "You have lost your mind Peter James, but I like this you a lot better. I appreciate your contribution and I want to make sure and let this town know what a changed man you are." He smiled big, unlocking his police car. "But I am still not helping you unload items just to spoil." He said, putting his burly arm around his shoulder and giving him an Indian burn. "And you will have to be the spirit filled preacher. Pastor Scott is on vacation and we are having the nativity play."

On one hand Peter was flattered with his sentiments, though he knew he would not be able to preach any messages. On the other hand, he was concerned because he knew the storm was coming and Jim didn't think so. Still, he was not angry or upset. The mission house would be open minimally and he could begin unloading things. But he was sure not all of it would be refrigerated because most of it was going to be cooked today, maybe as early as this afternoon. Peter looked up and saw an eagle; it was very majestic this time, picking off what little berries there might be left on some of the barren trees. He concluded he was right; people needed the food, a storm was brewing.

The light snow continued and the temperatures were beginning to plummet. Peter smiled at the indian burn and gave Jimmy a friendly punch in the arm. “I’ve got to get going; I’ve got some vendors to meet before I get to the mission house” Peter said. What he meant was he had a vendor to meet that owed him money from last month’s wares. Except he knew she didn't have a lot of money to begin with.

The love of God was bubbling inside of him; he was going to stop being a taker, and start being a giver … even if it put him in the poorhouse. He was going to let last month's money go for her and give her some materials for a while. God didn’t give him all these things so he could live a comfortable life. God gave him these things so he could be an answer to prayer for others; and while he didn’t have any particular family, wife or child, right at the moment – he would consider his towns people his family, even if they didn’t like him because of how rude he was to them in the past. He would show them … he would show them all right. Kill them with kindness!

As he drove away, he rolled down the window and said to Jim, “Merry Christmas; see you in a few hours!”

• Winner
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Merry Christmas, Peter." Jim said warmly.

---------

"Oh Lorena, it is beautiful!" Murtle walked into the room where cots are usually placed.

"I hope you don't mind." Lorena said. I found the tree when I was looking in the closet for some clothes. Grateful to find something to fit in."

The tree was small, but glowed warmly on the desk next to the cot she took out to sleep on later. Beside it were a few Christmas ornaments including a Nativity Scene.

Jim walked in with a box in hand. "Lorena, go bring some stuff from the trailer in. Peter will be here a little later."

Lorena nodded and walked out to the car. "Thanks for this Uncle Jim...I just want to make right some wrongs and live a new life."

"I would say you and Peter had something in your coco, but if so, give me some of it." He said with a big grin. He gave a reassuring pat on the shoulder as she went out.

"Peter has all this food. I wonder if the Montgomeries would let us use some space in his deep freezer. According to Peter, God told him there is a big storm tonight."

Murtle looked out the window with wise discernment.

"Did you get to the station yet? Check Sam's message? The phones aren't working."

Jim paused. "Everywhere? I thought it was just ours." He got a confused look on his face. "Ill go next door and check." He said.

Lorena came in with a couple boxes. "This is going to take awhile. But maybe when Peter gets here I will set the tables with red cloths and napkins and things...so when the people come in, they will feel a little better."

"There is no storm." Jim said. "No crowd. But who am I to complain? The shelter hasn't been used in awhile, and is low in supplies if we do have a real emergency... this is a God send. Peter is alright."

"Check Sam's message, dear." Murtle said. "I have a feeling and am not usually wrong." Jim knew she was right on that.

"Okay. Be right back." He said giving Murtle a weird look.

"Let me help you get things in before the snow gets bad, dear." Murtle said. "Bless Peter's heart."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter prayed for Lorena on the way to the general grocery store. He hoped she was doing well. He turned on the radio for a moment, but got a lot of static. Once he reached the general store, he put together a box of goodies. "I'll just put some toys and some food items in this box." But then he felt bad, he felt there might be a need for some fur. So he put fur in another box and then felt bad some more. People might need some gloves and handwarmers, especially today. Before he knew it, he had three big boxes which he piled on top of each other and headed into the store.

He knew the owner; he was usually very rough with the owner over the past few years, insisting that he pay his bills on time. On the few occasions that the owner couldn't keep up, he would charge interest to delay to the next month. But Peter decided that was the old Peter; the new Peter sees that the owner is just trying to take care of their family and be a good parent.

Still, he wanted to surprise them.

"I'm here ..." he said, this time with a scowl on his face. "I've brought these three boxes of goodies for you ... but, did you get the money from last month's sales? You're outstanding by a month" he said, pretending and tapping his foot while putting the heavy boxes on the counter.

The fact is, they were beautiful people who never seemed to be able to catch up ... at least for him, he planned on catching them up today no matter what they said.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter prayed for Lorena on the way to the general grocery store. He hoped she was doing well. He turned on the radio for a moment, but got a lot of static. Once he reached the general store, he put together a box of goodies. "I'll just put some toys and some food items in this box." But then he felt bad, he felt there might be a need for some fur. So he put fur in another box and then felt bad some more. People might need some gloves and handwarmers, especially today. Before he knew it, he had three big boxes which he piled on top of each other and headed into the store.

He knew the owner; he was usually very rough with the owner over the past few years, insisting that he pay his bills on time. On the few occasions that the owner couldn't keep up, he would charge interest to delay to the next month. But Peter decided that was the old Peter; the new Peter sees that the owner is just trying to take care of their family and be a good parent.

Still, he wanted to surprise them.

"I'm here ..." he said, this time with a scowl on his face. "I've brought these three boxes of goodies for you ... but, did you get the money from last month's sales? You're outstanding by a month" he said, pretending and tapping his foot while putting the heavy boxes on the counter.

The fact is, they were beautiful people who never seemed to be able to catch up ... at least for him, he planned on catching them up today no matter what they said.

"Hey...Peter." George said, looking confused at the boxes. "Yeh, I got your money for last month. But half for this month
is all I can do. Just not enough business in town. But if we cant stay open, like I told you before, the nearest store is farther then where you live."

He looked in the boxes. "You know we can't afford all this, Peter." He said. "Just the normal supplies are okay."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Peter gave another scowl and looked directly at him. "Well ... good! I'm glad you have my money, it will save me having to just give it back to you. Keep it! And these supplies, I'm giving to you for this month, free. No payment necessary; I think you are going to need to have some on hand. Now don't argue with me, if you can't use them - then just give them away."

Peter looked like he was about to walk out, but turned and said, "I do expect, however, next month a new batch of home made chocolate chip cookies by the Mrs. because hers are my favorite. Merry Christmas, George."

• Haha
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter gave another scowl and looked directly at him. "Well ... good! I'm glad you have my money, it will save me having to just give it back to you. Keep it! And these supplies, I'm giving to you for this month, free. No payment necessary; I think you are going to need to have some on hand. Now don't argue with me, if you can't use them - then just give them away."

Peter looked like he was about to walk out, but turned and said, "I do expect, however, next month a new batch of home made chocolate chip cookies by the Mrs. because hers are my favorite. Merry Christmas, George."

"Come on, Peter, the town needs...wait, what?"George put his hand on the back of his head in humble surprise.

"You are just giving this to us...I can't believe this...you have no idea what this is going to do for this town." He said astonished.

Mrs. Orwell came in also, turtle doves in hand for the Christmas tree.

"Margie, we need to go make cookies." Lots and lots of cookies!" Then strangely, George leaped out behind the desk, gave her a big kiss, and started piling toys in his own basket for their kids.

Margie smiled in confusion at Peter, not hearing the news until later. "Okay then." She said, "

"My husband has had a bit too much egg nog." She laughed. "Merry Christmas, Peter. I know you usually say no, but you are always welcome to the nativity play tonight. The boys miss you."

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I think there's going to be a huge turnout for tonight's nativity" Peter said. "The Lord be with you two!" Walking out the door, he couldn't quite figure out why the date, 1984, popped into his mind. No matter.

But as he walked back to his truck, he noticed an older gentleman just sitting by a town flagpole. He looked cold and hungry. He didn't recognize him; there were occasional homeless that lived in town. But really in a place like this, he would basically be mobbed by townsfolk. He went into his truck and pulled out a couple of sandwiches and apple pies and a bottle of water. He brought them over to the gentleman and said "Here's a meal for you, sir. Merry Christmas."

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"I think there's going to be a huge turnout for tonight's nativity" Peter said. "The Lord be with you two!" Walking out the door, he couldn't quite figure out why the date, 1984, popped into his mind. No matter.

But as he walked back to his truck, he noticed an older gentleman just sitting by a town flagpole. He looked cold and hungry. He didn't recognize him; there were occasional homeless that lived in town. But really in a place like this, he would basically be mobbed by townsfolk. He went into his truck and pulled out a couple of sandwiches and apple pies and a bottle of water. He brought them over to the gentleman and said "Here's a meal for you, sir. Merry Christmas."

"Why thank you sir." He said, Canteberry is an alright town. "I was headed to the shelter actually. Just needed to rest a bit. Big storm up North. Just jumped off the cargo train."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Why thank you sir." He said, Canteberry is an alright town. "I was headed to the shelter actualyl. Just needed to rest a bit. Big storm up North. Just jumped off the cargo train."

Peter thought he would take this opportunity to offer him a ride to the Mission since that is where he was going to be headed next. The gentleman took a walk with him back to the truck. "Of course, helping me unload some of this at the mission would be mighty helpful. My name's Peter."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Peter thought he would take this opportunity to offer him a ride to the Mission since that is where he was going to be headed next. The gentleman took a walk with him back to the truck. "Of course, helping me unload some of this at the mission would be mighty helpful. My name's Peter."

"Thomas." He said. "Oh man, heated seats, he said, as he got in the car.

----

"The tables are beautiful. The candles are a nice touch. Hopefully we won't have to light them though. If it gets cold tonight dear, I think Peter usually brings firewood." Murtle said.

"This is a nice shelter. Too bad it isn't used more." Lorena said. "Like an activity center...would be nice during the year..."

Jimmy walked in with a shocked look on his face. "Sam csn't be here. There is a snow storm coming. Megaton got 12 feet of snow in the past 3 hours. It is moving this way. Is Peter here yet?" He said.

"Not yet, but we loaded the half in that you brought." Jim shook his head in disbelief. The storm will be here in about half an hour. We need to notify the neighbors. Lorena, I filled your tank. Can you go notify Peter's area of the woods? That would be the Hills, Hucabees, and Johnsons." He said. Lorena nodded, running off that way.

"Murtle, you take the Northern side of town. I'll go around this area, so I can help Peter when he comes back and start grilling. I think it would be safe if the whole town brought what they can and stayed here tonight. We won't be able to get the roads cleared until late tomorrow probably, and it could take a few days to uncover the houses by the way it sounds."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The radio squawked an alarm, but the static made it hard to hear. "Be notified storm amounts will begin at 12 - 16 inches and will in at least 3 feet. Counties to be hit hardest would be ..." But he could hardly hear the counties, but he knew it was coming. He increased speed on his truck to head back to the mission.

"Well Thomas; I hope you're not doubting that we are really going to need your help at the Mission tonight." The truck pulled into the driveway of the mission and Peter turned to Thomas. Peter noticed hardly a car here, he wasn't sure where everyone was.

"Okay, this is the mission. Empty your pockets now, I have to know you're clean ..."

Peter wasn't sure what made him say that, he just knew this was part of protocol.

Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The radio squawked an alarm, but the static made it hard to hear. "Be notified storm amounts will begin at 12 - 16 inches and will in at least 3 feet. Counties to be hit hardest would be ..." But he could hardly hear the counties, but he knew it was coming. He increased speed on his truck to head back to the mission.

"Well Thomas; I hope you're not doubting that we are really going to need your help at the Mission tonight." The truck pulled into the driveway of the mission and Peter turned to Thomas. Peter noticed hardly a car here, he wasn't sure where everyone was.

"Okay, this is the mission. Empty your pockets now, I have to know you're clean ..."

Peter wasn't sure what made him say that, he just knew this was part of protocol.

Thomas turned out his pockets. He had a locket in one...and bits of the sandwich Peter gave him wrapped up in the other. "Yeh Ive been sober for a month now. But no drugs ever."

Jim ran up. "Peter, I don't know how you knew, but you are right. Storm is coming. I sent Lorena and Murtle out to tell the neighbors. I have the grills ready. Looks like we are having a little Christmas Eve get together at the shelter. You saved our skins." Jimmy said. This would be a very dark Christmas without these supplies..."

"More are headed from town, let's get this stuff in. Let's save introductions for later." Jim said, urgency in his voice.

Upvote 0

PeterJames0510

Jan 28, 2019
Lee
✟73,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Mayflower1 Peter patted Jim on his back in affirmation. Opening the back of his truck, there were supplies all in the bed of the truck. "Thomas and I will help, just lead us where to put everything Jim" Peter stated.

There were all kinds of wares; blankets; pillows; food items. There was some dry ice holding the colder perishables. There were crates holding bread items and pastries. There were toys of various kinds for Christmas, some big, some small, a bunch from Mennonites as no matter what mood Peter was in, he always found he likes simple toys from the country side!

"Welcome to your new family" was suddenly a flash of words that came upon Peter's heart. It was as if the Holy Spirit was working on his heart and brought these words up to the forefront of his mind. He continued working.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
@Mayflower1 Peter patted Jim on his back in affirmation. Opening the back of his truck, there were supplies all in the bed of the truck. "Thomas and I will help, just lead us where to put everything Jim" Peter stated.

There were all kinds of wares; blankets; pillows; food items. There was some dry ice holding the colder perishables. There were crates holding bread items and pastries. There were toys of various kinds for Christmas, some big, some small, a bunch from Mennonites as no matter what mood Peter was in, he always found he likes simple toys from the country side!

"Welcome to your new family" was suddenly a flash of words that came upon Peter's heart. It was as if the Holy Spirit was working on his heart and brought these words up to the forefront of his mind. He continued working.

(Oops was waiting for you. Haha)

Lorena stopped at the places Jim had asked her to go to. It was definitely clear a storm was coming now. At her urgency though, the families packed up their gifts and other supplies and decided to come to town as well. As she helped the last family out, she got in the car and headed back towards town.

She knew the graveyard was close where her mother was buried. She knew she had to get back to town though and would need to come back later. She cleared the fog off her window when she saw it. A tree fell down in front of her and she swerved into the snow on the side of the road.

She got out quickly, looking at the tree.

"Well...I know You are there, because You watched over me so far today." Lorena whispered out loud. She trekked through the snow towards the graveyard, covering with some extra blankets she had brought in case the families decided to stay for a snow in.

The graveyard held only a few graves...(a lot less then in Peter's vision).

"Hi mom." She whispered, a lump in her throat. "I am sorry I wasn't there when you passed..."

She sat down by her grave and covered up, finding it best not to try and walk in the storm at this point.

-------

"Doesn't even feel like coming to a shelter." Thomas said out loud, watching as children ran around the building with delight. Venison and other goodies were cooking on the grill as families started coming in, and a huge lit up tree was set up in the middle of the day area. Everyone was helping decorate it as families put their gifts under the tree. It wasn't the easiest situation, but somehow families realized it could have been a lot worse. That in a way it was a Christmas miracle.The whole town seemed to come together as one big happy family.

Jim flipped a burger on the grill. "The Lord works in mysterious ways." He said. "The Man upstairs saved us. This storm is getting bad out. But it looks like the entire town decided to come out and not take a chance. That is good." He said to Peter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0