*Fingers crossed*...

Well, I've seen some old faces come back to the rpg threads, and a few new ones too, and it's great to see you all. However, with not much around here happening, I know there isn't much incentive to stay. I was hoping maybe, just maybe, I could get something cooking for you to join, something to keep you actively coming back.

However, I'm in a bit of a dry spell for ideas, so if you want me (and by correlation, us) to do something, let's brainstorm, and maybe I can get some synapses working again.

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm...I'd go for either.

Real world could be fun...past, present or future.

What direction would you want to go with a new world? Sci-fi? Fantasy? Period Piece? A strange mix of everything?

I came back here to get my creative writing juices flowing again as well, so I'll throw whatever pieces of ideas I can into the pile.

Upvote 0

Big Al545

Veteran
Jul 16, 2007
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
✟18,786.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Alright, we need to expand. Dragons, elves. Old old OLD. Those things are older than...old. Knights and evil knights. Not much you can really do with those.
I'd rather eat banana's than role-play as a fairy. =P
I suggest we all join in and work on creating new races. Races that can be normally used within other role-playing shenanigans.
I had a few ideas of one that might go with the real world.
But other than that, I've got nothing.

Upvote 0
Ah... the deep realm...

A while back, I had an idea for a Christia thread, but there's no reason we can't use it as a general thread.

The basic idea is that, in a dwarven ruin, a scholar finds an inscription, from an unknown people about a horror. Assuming that this could solve the reason why the dwarves fled, he hires a party of mercenaries to take the him to investigate. They find a tunnel to even deeper places than the dwarf ruin. But, they also discover, they are not the only ones down there. There are other races in the deep realms, and the horror that drove away the dwarves still remains.

Any good?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I like that idea too, Shadow. It would give a chance to explore different races and such.

I don't think I've actually ever played a fairie in an RPG, so I'd totally be up for that! I haven't done a good ol' fashioned fantasy in quite some time, so I'd really enjoy it.

Is this tunnel going to be found in an environment like Earth or Middle Earth, with normal kinds of vegetation and colors and such, or is it going to be found in an environment like Pandora ("Avatar") or Star Trek, with strange sorts of plants and things?

Would we play the mercenaries then or other inhabitants of the cave that the mercenaries are exploring?

Upvote 0
Hey, I always enjoy playing a saucy sprite. They're lots of fun.

I will warn you, though, that I hold very strongly to classical myths, so if you plan to diverge from them, you should clear it with the rest of us. I don't mind exceptions, even all-out tweaks to classic ideas, but I do like to know about them. But that's just me, so...

For sake of continuity, though, all races, unless otherwise specified, will be based of classical races. Check Wikipedia if you're not sure.

The whole reason I mention this is: I'm pretty sure (if memory serves correctly; I could be wrong), sprites/fairies/ect. cannot touch metal, so be sure to incorporate that.

So, do we want to go with this?

Upvote 0

WhiteLily

Angel of Music
Apr 14, 2004
Ahh...umm... wait, where am I?
✟13,568.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Darn, I've never followed traditional rules like that. Time to get reading then. But I will say, my fairie probably won't follow the normal guidelines. I'll check out some resources for her but I won't follow them exactly or probably really even closely. Just warning you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
No guns, not if it's a traditional fantasy. But, he can have a big, honkin' sword

Like I said, I don't mind changes, just so long as they're upfront. I get confused easily, so I like having everything laid out for me. If you want to make it that they can touch metal, then by all means, we can make that change. Like I said, I'm not even sure that is true; I can't find anywhere to verify it.

Just like I don't mind user-made races. In fact, I like them too.

Upvote 0