finding joy in the day in and day out

amytug

Feb 5, 2011
✟15,114.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
every day is the same for me. i wake up, take kids to school, come home, do housework and sit. and it's the same stupid housework every day. I'm feeling really burnt out, unappreciated and bored out of my mind. How do I find the joy in this? some days I'm over the moon but days like todayk, I just wish there was a little more spark inmy life. SOMETHING.

HELP?

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First let me applaude you for being honest.... now as i must admit i never really come into this area, i was surprised to see no one responded to your PLEA for help....and i am sorry i did not come sooner for you.
now i will say as a Christian mom of 5 girls 2 sets of twins 19 mths apart, i can relate. i used to feel like what about me? i would resent my husband for having the luxury to leave and get out and have adult stimulation....
but eventually i found a way to mange with 4 little ones under 19 mths.
what i realized for a short time and it does go quick , that they will not be this age forever..... they will grow before i know it and i will look back on these days and wonder where they went...and i now do....where did they go? i now work p/t i get out of the house, finally i had to or else i would go crazy..LOL but all in Gods time, He has a plan for you even if you cannot see it yet.
if you ever need to talk i am here pm me if u wish i know that we are all mothers and it is one tough JOB and no one can say differently, yes we LOVE our kids, with all our might and soul, but it does not make it easier just explains why we do it.:hug:

every day is the same for me. i wake up, take kids to school, come home, do housework and sit. and it's the same stupid housework every day. I'm feeling really burnt out, unappreciated and bored out of my mind. How do I find the joy in this? some days I'm over the moon but days like todayk, I just wish there was a little more spark inmy life. SOMETHING.

HELP?

Upvote 0

Prisca982

Jan 25, 2010
✟15,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey sister, I am with you on this one! Raising a family is hard, mundane and often thankless. Remember that God is watching you and appreciates everything you do. Offer your housework to Jesus - I find it easier if I tell him it's for him. It's a small offering, but he appreciates everything we do for him.

Can you start a new hobby? Or is there someone in your church you could visit or support in some way (it seems that you have too much time on your hands?) Tell your husband how you feel (not accusingly of course; but just so you have some extra appreciation once in a while!)

Could you take on a part time job while the kids are at school?

Blessings to you xxx

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChildByGrace

Isn't God's grace the best !!!
Jul 22, 2005
Bournemouth
✟16,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I would suggest what Prisca said and see if you can start a new hobby or do something in your church. Also what about meeting up with friends?
Somedays I feel the same so I try to get out of the house for a short time every day.

Upvote 0

quinntanyad

Mar 16, 2011
New Bruswick
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
Looks like no one has been here in a little while, but I am going through some of this right now. I have a 3 month old and on maternity leave. It's funny, I thought it would be so great to take a break from boring old work... but motherhood is much harder (and sometimes much more boring too!). I know she won't be like this forever and this time needs to be treasured... but some days I just wish she could talk and walk already, lol, instead of guessing and carrying her around everywhere! I think I just miss doing adult stuff most of the time. I think that this forum might help me in that way :)

Upvote 0

blessedmomof5

Contributor
Jan 4, 2005
ny
✟79,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi and welcome:wave:

I believe being a Mom is the hardest, yet sooooooooo rewarding. Maybe most of the time, unnoticed on how much we actually do as a mom?
So how long are you on maternity leave for?

Do you maybe have some friends with little kids? get together with them? Or maybe some of the other moms at Church, start a play group? I do know the Younger moms at our church started a playgroup,they all support eachother.

And yes they do grow fast, I wish mine were little again just to treasure those moments once again. :groupray: But even as teens they are AMAZING, so every stage is a different expierence.

Looks like no one has been here in a little while, but I am going through some of this right now. I have a 3 month old and on maternity leave. It's funny, I thought it would be so great to take a break from boring old work... but motherhood is much harder (and sometimes much more boring too!). I know she won't be like this forever and this time needs to be treasured... but some days I just wish she could talk and walk already, lol, instead of guessing and carrying her around everywhere! I think I just miss doing adult stuff most of the time. I think that this forum might help me in that way :)

Upvote 0
S

Spock49

What has always helped me is to try to take the focus off of me. Like... What can I do to really bless my husband. He works hard to provide for our children and me. So, on those days I might take the time to find a nice card or write a letter of appreciation and fix him a basket of his favorite chocolates and welcome him home with a nice candle lit bath. Once I sent him on a scavenger hunt for me, another time I took christmas lights and strung them outside and played romantic music and had the kids chip in to serve dinner to us outside (they loved being a part of that). It takes a few days to plan and is just as much fun for me as it is for him. It helps you to reconnect with your husband and reminds you that you are indeed still a woman! ;)

Upvote 0

quinntanyad

Mar 16, 2011
New Bruswick
✟15,144.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
:D Thank you for the ideas blessedmomof5 and 1sam1:6-7. There are actually a few other people who just had babies around the time I had in my church. Maybe I should be taking initiative to get together with them... lol, I'm a fairly shy person... but maybe God wants me to step out - this is an opportunity! Planning some surprises for my husband sounds fun too!

Upvote 0

Rosann

ChristianSuperMom
Mar 3, 2011
Western Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟7,612.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Remember, you are doing an incredibly valuable and important job in caring for your family and their needs. When you aren't immediately needed, reach out to other women in your community. Check with a local church for a women's bible study group or get involved volunteering for a great cause. It's very important to develop your own personal growth, so you can let God's light shine through to the rest of your family, friends, and acquaintances.

Sorry for the late reply. I'm trying to find my way around this community. :) If you need some inspiration or would like to read about a mom on a journey to glorify God, you can check out my blog at One mom's journey to glorify God

Blessings,
Rosann

Upvote 0