Dec 8, 2007
✟843,474.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I have found another prospective opponent and have sent a PM; waiting for a response.

Unfortunately, this is was a dead end also. I'm going to try something else. I'm removing your first post in the formal debate forum from view (it can be restored later). I am starting a promotion thread in General Theology with a link back to this one. I will post a link to the promotion thread, once it is up in this thread. We will see where this takes us.:)

Upvote 0

judechild

Catholic Socratic
Jul 5, 2009
The Jesuit War-Room
✟11,369.00
Faith
Catholic
I would be happy to take on Judechild on this matter, if only as a learning experience for myself

I am glad you would like to debate; we just have to agree on the parameters before the debate can begin. I proposed this a few months ago, let me know if you have revisions:

Title: The Filioque
Prompt: The inclusion of the Filioque in the Nicaea-Constantinopolitan Creed is legitimate both in juridical and theological terms.
I would take the affirmative.
Bificated debate:
3 rounds on juridical legitimacy followed by 3 rounds on theological implications; total of 12 posts. (Possibly with a brief, mutually-agreed-upon introduction to the definition of the Filioque, to assist the studio audience).
Alternate posting; 1200 word limit-per-post

I'm looking forward to our debate!

Upvote 0