• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Ok782506

Dec 17, 2021
Île-de-France
✟7,729.00
Country
France
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello everyone,

Is finding a particular body part of the opposite gender beautiful / attractive / arousing within the confines of Christian marriage acceptable or is it sinful ?

I am a man and I always found women’s nose to be visiually beautiful / attractive / arousing.

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That sounds completely normal to me. I don’t think there’s anything in the Bible that says that it’s a sin to find a particular body part of the opposite sex attractive. The only situation that I can think of where it would be wrong is if you are married and find body parts of women other than your wife attractive.
I am by NO MEANS an expert though. I haven’t studied the Bible very thoroughly and I haven’t ever specifically researched a question like that.

Upvote 0

Tionbai

Sep 12, 2019
Oslo
✟22,167.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi!

Interesting question. I also think it depends. And when you write "visually beautiful/attractive/arousing", those three can mean very different things.

Visually beautiful can mean aesthetically pleasing, attractive can mean appealing, and arousing can mean sexual.

I think personally when it becomes a problem is when your sexual drive is the dominant force acting within you. It belittles the object of your affection to sexual prey. I think as long as your view of the other person is in a holy and God-honoring way, then you are all good.

To be sexually attracted to your partner I think is good - all the while appreciating them as a dearly loved creation of God. I believe there is a delicate balance there, as we should not be afraid to desire our partner, yet we should always strive to love them humbly and self-sacrificially, just as Jesus commanded us.

I think it's so great that you are questioning these things, as we all should. God cares about our thought-life and day-to-day life, I am absolutely sure of that. And the main thing He wants for us is to wholly love Him and each other.

God bless you <3

Upvote 0

EnterLight

Jan 20, 2022
Canton, MI
✟12,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think its a sin, I have a foot fetish. The only way I could see it as a sin is if it becomes an obsession where you value that persons body part more than who they are. Keep liking what you like but don't devalue others In the process.

Upvote 0