• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Fellow Christians how can I stop being so guilty and shameful for my autism

Sweet_cookie

Oct 16, 2019
Somewhere
✟8,442.00
Country
Albania
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm a Christian and have been a real one ever since the age of 13 when i accepted Jesus as my lord and saviour.

My problem is that i i ha autism spectrum disorders (formerly diagnosed as Asperger's) and it really hinders me from living my life.
I fear that I'll never be able to work and my biggest fear is becoming homeless..well i might not become homeless because I'll inherit my parents home but I'll likely starve to death or die of dehydration as soon as my parents die.. I'm really scared. I feel so guilty and ashamed for being unable to work. The Bible says that all men should work and become providers but i i can't. I wish i was normal like everyone else.

I also have anxiety disorder and depression because of my current situation. Fellow Christians is it a sin if i never find a work and remain on disability forever?
What about living with your parents? I know that's seen as being a loser but i can't help it.

I believe that this has positive aspects because this made me always stay close to God and pray. But lately I'm becoming really anxious and depressed.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
I believe the verse you are referencing is stating if one 'will' not work, neither should they eat. To me, this implies willingly not working when one is able to do so. Cannot work and will not work are two different issues.

Upvote 0

Renata8

God is good always
Jun 14, 2020
Florida
✟13,936.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I have but it's not doing much for me..
The only thing i know how to do properly is wash dishes..
That's good, you could work in any restaurant. Maybe you and your parent could split the house and rent out part of it as a passive income for the future. How big is the house and land? Just a random thought.

Upvote 0

Sweet_cookie

Oct 16, 2019
Somewhere
✟8,442.00
Country
Albania
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The thing is that the dishwasher job doesn't exist anymore here where i live.
They simply put them in the dishwasher machines and the cooks themselves handle the utensils. They don't hire a separate worker to deal with the dirty dishes.

I wish i could die before my parents. That would be great

Upvote 0

Ilikecats

Dec 27, 2019
Alberta
✟57,244.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are disabled there is no shame in receiving help. The kingdom of God is open to all. Blessed are the poor in spirit for they will inherit the kingdom of God.
Whatever anyone has is given to them by God. He is the sole provider for all men. If you cannot work because of your disability find comfort in the fact that He will provide.

Reactions: Sweet_cookie
Upvote 0

Sweet_cookie

Oct 16, 2019
Somewhere
✟8,442.00
Country
Albania
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you are disabled there is no shame in receiving help. The kingdom of God is open to all. Blessed are the poor in spirit for they will inherit the kingdom of God.
Whatever anyone has is given to them by God. He is the sole provider for all men. If you cannot work because of your disability find comfort in the fact that He will provide.
Thanks!

But some days i feel really shameful

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟435,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Sweet Cookie,
As someone who has Autism, I recommend you try to look at the diagnosis as a positive thing. Perhaps Christ has blessed you with the Autism so you can inspire others who do not have it? For example, I am an inspiration to fellow Christians around the world due to my positive outlook on every situation. I like to think the LORD blessed me with the disability so I can be a blessing to others.

God bless!

Upvote 0
Dec 8, 2011
✟121,616.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sweet Cookie,

You do not need to feel ashamed of being disabled and unable to work. Have you had support of any kind with your autism? Is there an organisation in your area which helps people on the autistic spectrum? Are your parents able to support you with regard to your autism?

Sorry for all the questions. I do hope you can get the help you need.

Gillian

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lycurgus89

Mel Gibson's biggest fan
Jul 14, 2020
Indiana
Visit site
✟16,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I hope you have a niece or nephew, maybe a clergy member if not, who can help prompt you to do the basic things in life. My little bro has the tism powers, and I want to be there for him, but I'll probably die before he does, and so once all his older siblings are tree food, he'll have his nieces and nephews to remind him a day or two in advance of this or that. I recommend talking to family and clergy about this soon, especially if you haven't got younger family, or your government do not provide a friendly person to prompt you along, handle finances, and get you out of the house.

Upvote 0

SANTOSO

Jul 15, 2020
Jakarta
✟236,770.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a Christian and have been a real one ever since the age of 13 when i accepted Jesus as my lord and saviour.

My problem is that i i ha autism spectrum disorders (formerly diagnosed as Asperger's) and it really hinders me from living my life.
I fear that I'll never be able to work and my biggest fear is becoming homeless..well i might not become homeless because I'll inherit my parents home but I'll likely starve to death or die of dehydration as soon as my parents die.. I'm really scared. I feel so guilty and ashamed for being unable to work. The Bible says that all men should work and become providers but i i can't. I wish i was normal like everyone else.

I also have anxiety disorder and depression because of my current situation. Fellow Christians is it a sin if i never find a work and remain on disability forever?
What about living with your parents? I know that's seen as being a loser but i can't help it.

I believe that this has positive aspects because this made me always stay close to God and pray. But lately I'm becoming really anxious and depressed.

Hello sweet cookie,

Don’t put trust in what you are diagnosed.
Just put trust in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
When thoughts and feeling remind you of your diagnoses, just pray a short prayer :
Lord Jesus,
I trust in the power of Your name that heals me. In the name of Jesus Christ, I am healed.

Pray again and again; don’t give up till you receive the manifestation of what the Lord’s promise.

Then don’t moved by what you see and feel but be moved what you believe that the Lord have healed you.

sweet cookie,
don’t give in to fear about what hinder your life, homeless, starvations or dehydration, death, your parents’ expectations and society’s expectations.

When thoughts and feelings of fear, anxiety, doubts, bukit, shame and condemnation stir in you, just pray a short prayer:
Lord Jesus,
I submit myself to You. I resist all fear, anxiety, doubts, guilt, shame and condemnation in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Pray again and again until those thoughts and feelings evaporate or disappear. When it cones again, just pray again and again; don’t give up; believe what the Lord’s promise because He loves you that He rescue from your enemies of fear, anxiety, doubts, guilt, shame, and condemnation.

Also, pray this:
Lord Jesus Christ,
Let me take pleasure in living with You.
Let me have a long life to see good things with You.
Lord,
Let Your words be in my mouth to speak what You have spoken to me that I may not sin against You.
Lord,
Let me walk in the land of living in the light of Your presence.
Grant me strength to have peace with everyone.
Heavenly Father,
For I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that I should walk in them.
Amen

Pray this prayer again and again until this prayer register to your inner person ; remember prayer can move the hand of God to do the impossible.

But before any prayers, seek the Lord’s mercy and steadfast love:

Lord Jesus Christ,
You who discern my unintentional sin.
Lord, cleanse me from all my hidden faults.
Lord, I may have sinned against You and others. Forgive me and cleanse from all my unrighteousness.
Lord, grant me strength to forgive those who wrong me.
Now, Lord, I release forgiveness to those who wrong me. Amen

This prayer, you can pray daily. Thereafter, you can pray other prayer.

For your prayers to be heard, you need to ask for the Lord’s forgiveness.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask. I will help with the strength that God provide.
GBU

Upvote 0

Melody Suttles

SingPeace
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2018
Atlanta
✟79,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Famous Autistic contributors to the world we know today, according to https://www.appliedbehavioranalysis...eakthroughs-that-could-be-credited-to-autism/:

Albert Einstein
Isaac Newton
Thomas Jefferson
Michelangelo
Charles Darwin
Mozart

Famous stars who have been diagnosed with Autism
Dan Aykroyd – Comedic Actor
Roseanne Barr – Actress
Chuggaaconroy – YouTube Personality
Stephanie Davis – Actress
Rick Glassman – Actor
Paula Hamilton – Model
Darryl Hannah – Actress & Environmental Activist
Dan Harmon – Producer & Writer
Sir Anthony Hopkins – Actor
(source: Mercury News)

Amelia Baggs
:
This is a famous blogger who is well-known for writing about autism at the website: Ballastexistenz . She is unable to verbally communicate and is considered to have low functioning autism. Baggs has created YouTube videos to help increase public awareness of autism.

Upvote 0

Jaxxi

Half-ready for Anything.....
Jul 29, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
✟50,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

Honey how old are you? You have a condition that makes it almost impossible to be completely independent financially and that is nothing to be ashamed of. The Lord understands your situation. Stay close to Him at all times and He will find a way for you. Do not be afraid to reach out when you need help. People will help you.

• Friendly
Reactions: SANTOSO
Upvote 0