U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am somewhere in the first trimester, and I am feeling just awful. My husband says I've had all these complaints before, but I really don't remember it. I am very tired, constantly feel queasy, have a metallic taste in my mouth, and get dizzy every time I walk around. I guess it's rather minor, but when it never ends, it just gets old.

I made a soup yesterday, thinking it would be easy on the stomach, and no matter how much I seasoned it, it just tasted like a penny. Everyone else thought it was delicious. I got some sugar-coated gummy vitamins since swallowing pills brings on too much of a gag reflex, but even those taste awful. Pretty much the only thing I can stand is water. And jelly beans, but they have an aftertaste. Is there any way to alleviate this??

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am somewhere in the first trimester, and I am feeling just awful. My husband says I've had all these complaints before, but I really don't remember it. I am very tired, constantly feel queasy, have a metallic taste in my mouth, and get dizzy every time I walk around. I guess it's rather minor, but when it never ends, it just gets old.

I made a soup yesterday, thinking it would be easy on the stomach, and no matter how much I seasoned it, it just tasted like a penny. Everyone else thought it was delicious. I got some sugar-coated gummy vitamins since swallowing pills brings on too much of a gag reflex, but even those taste awful. Pretty much the only thing I can stand is water. And jelly beans, but they have an aftertaste. Is there any way to alleviate this??

Hello :) Congratulations on your little one! I know what you are talking about. I am 26 weeks with #7 and still get queasy :/ never done this with my others, all sickness was gone by 14 weeks. But not this time. The first trimester I laid up for almost 3 months, it was horrible and I wasnt surprised to find out I'm having another boy. I get soooo sick with my boys. I have tried everything. For me, greasy fatty foods make me feel better and the after taste pretty much still lingers from time to time. Sometimes vinegar chips would take my nausea away immediately. The smell of lemon juice worked good too. My biggest life saver was hot peppermint tea. I felt like a new person for a while after sipping this. It's worth a try :) I hope you feel better soon :):angel:

Upvote 0

akmom

Jun 13, 2012
U.S.
✟23,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ah, thanks. I couldn't tolerate any grease, fat or oil with my last pregnancy. I was pretty much limited to fruits, vegetables and bread. But greasy/salty seems to be the only thing I can stand now. Anything else has a terrible aftertaste. Forget sugar or anything sweet.

Peppermint is too strong for me, but plain tea seems to settle well with me. Sometimes I get so hungry, but eating makes me nauseous, so it's a Catch-22! Might try the vinegar chips idea. I'll try anything!

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, a sonogram today measured the baby at 9 weeks, but with no heart beat. I've never had a miscarriage before, but apparently it is pretty common. :(

Honey I am sorry. I have 8 angel babies. It hurts I know. I am praying for you:hug:

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear that.

After a couple pregnancies with horrid morning sickness, my doctor glibly said something about folic acid helping. Too late. B6, B12...

Vitamins B6 and B12 for Morning Sickness-Topic Overview

The metallic taste might be the iron in the prenatal vitamins, but also sounds like something diabetics get. Your body might be worn down or depleted. (Folic acid doesn't store well, so needs to be added regularly.)

So much changes when you're pregnant, it can feel like someone switched out your body with someone else's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums