Feeling fatigued

JasonHarless

Dec 17, 2014
✟15,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I would make sure you are eating enough food throughout the day. Then look at possible nutrient deficiencies with the first one being adequate protein, about 80-100 gms; a good starting point for carbs is a 2:1 carb/protein ratio.

Another deficiency often overlooked that can lead to fatigue is potassium, which should be at 4-5000mgs a day and remember to salt foods according to taste. A deficiency of sodium can lead to potassium and magnesium wasting.

In the mean time coffee with meals works great for a boost and a good source of magnesium :)

Upvote 0

Look Up

"What is unseen is eternal"
Jul 16, 2010
✟16,230.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Fatigue is one of those little things patient of many possible causes and corresponding remedies--often with more than one cause and remedy needed. Sleepiness is a particular species of fatigue with probably fewer potential causes, but still too many possibilities to make treatment a one-size-fits-all sort of deal. Sleep apnea can be one of which one is unaware for some time unless one is tested. Poor sleep habits/prep for sleep can contribute (or room not dark enough, eating too close to bedtime, etc.). Emotional difficulties can too (e.g., stress, anxiety). Or digestive processing (e.g., IBS). Or a low grade chronic infection (in teeth, at an old injury site, in the intestines and so on) or allergies or sickness. Or hypothyroidism. Or nutritional deficiencies of various kinds (minerals and proteins have been mentioned, but there are other possibilities). Or excessive bleeding (women). Or over-exercising. Some say overexposure to various forms of radiation from techy stuff or high tension wires for some cause fatigue. Or growth spurts in the young. Or metal toxins (e.g., mercury, aluminum, cadmium, nickel). And so on.

In nutrition, enough and varied high quality probiotics might help (e.g., acidophilus and bifidus varieties)--e.g., in producing enough B vitamins. Ginseng (Siberian, Korean), Royal jelly, Rhodiola Rosea, the right kind of iron (for women). etc. Vitamin D3 deficiency can have varied ill-effect and may be worth a mention even if indirectly to the topic. Vitamin C collects at the adrenal glands, which should say something though usually one assumes sufficient intake. A mal-aligned spine can also contribute to organs not functioning at their best. Yes, moderate regular exercise not too close to bedtime can often help.

So much for the tip of the iceberg. Or part of the tip.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

johndoo

Mar 5, 2013
✟60,389.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I know that this is the section for natural remedies, but I want to put a plug in for seeing the doctor to make sure it isn't a clear cut medical problem like thyroid or anemia.

Personally, I've tried to educate myself more about the topic and controversies of adrenal fatigue. This led me to take ashwaganda. It may be particularly helpful for people that have a bit of anxiety with their fatigue.
It isn't the "rush" that you get with caffeine.
In fact, the principles of managing adrenal fatigue include minimizing caffeine.
Good luck as you sort it out for yourself.
Let us know if you have a breakthrough.
Starting to work on the obvious self care activities /life style changes is a good place to start.

Upvote 0