wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know it sounds an odd feeling to have, but I actually feel ashamed that we are now going down the route of looking at artificial insemination to try and conceive our second child after more that 2 1/2 years of trying to conceive naturally.

I was really hurt today to find out that one friend told another of my friends that we were having IVF, which we're not. I just want to be able to do things the natural way. I'm so un-clinical in my whole understanding of having a baby , child birth, the whole thing.

I love my daughter and I know how much she would love a baby brother or sister. I know I have to be prepared to fight the feelings of embarrassment because they obviously come from pride. It's ridiculous. I believe that God is going to bless us with another child. He has said so many times. Why should I care how it happens? - but I do seem to.

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
:hug:

I think a lot of it comes from other people's stigma against any kind of reproductive help. That includes clomid, IUI, IVF etc.. My mom was totally against all of those things, until we needed help. We started with clomid, which worked, but we were prepared to try it all. Most people have no clue what it's like to experience heartache over not being able to get pregnant, and are able to at the drop of a hat.

I look at it this way. God gave us science, which in turn led to scientists discovering drugs and procedures to assist in reproduction. Not every woman's body (or man's for that matter) works in a "textbook" manner, and many many couples need help getting pregnant. That doesn't mean that those couples are not designed to be parents, it just means a different path in getting there. God used my TTC journey to shape me and mold me and possibly use me to help others.

IUI has worked miracles for so many people that I know! As long as you and your husband feel OK with conceiving in this matter, you should feel no shame at all! Please keep us updated with what you choose to do. :) :hug:

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Kelly :) I'm feeling a lot better today. I do have some days when I'm struggling with it all. It's hard when I see so much pregnancy and birth around me. I think it's 15 births I've seen for others now since we've been trying, and I don't begrudge anyone else at all - it just feels overwhelming at times because, having a toddler, I'm around a lot of pregnant women and women with babies every day. I am grateful that I already have a beautiful daughter though. It's an amazing chapter in our lives.

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi all just wanted to say thank you for your responses and I have just found out I am pregnant. God has beenso merciful to me and I am so grateful. Thank you if any one has prayed for this wonderful miracle.

:clap::clap:THAT'S WONDERFUL!! Congrats!!:clap::clap:

How far along are you?!? :hug:

- Niff

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi all just wanted to say thank you for your responses and I have just found out I am pregnant. God has beenso merciful to me and I am so grateful. Thank you if any one has prayed for this wonderful miracle.

I am really delighted for you, M.

Enjoy every moment; this is a very special time for you all.

Congratulations. :wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you everyone. i am just over 2 weeks past ovulation which means I am very early in pregnancy. we told our daughter last night as she"s been praying for a sibling herself for the last six months which is a long time for a 3 year old! :)

May the Lord hold you and your family in the palm of his hand, M.

:crossrc:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you everyone. i am just over 2 weeks past ovulation which means I am very early in pregnancy. we told our daughter last night as she"s been praying for a sibling herself for the last six months which is a long time for a 3 year old! :)

:hug:

Upvote 0

Rev.Ross

Aug 1, 2011
East Coast
✟322.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing wrong with artificial insemination. It was common in the Bible and was called Levirite marriage. A relative was asked to have sex with the woman to carry on her family line. This was the case of the Judah and Tamar narrative in Genesis 38. Tamar did the right thing to have sex with nearest male relative to produce offspring. One of her boys was the human ancestor of Jesus.
There is no shame or sin with artificial insemination. Follow your heart and produce a child for God. Blessings to you, Rev. Ross

Last edited:
Upvote 0