Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello =) I live in a condo and my patio door faces southwest. I am in the western suburbs of Chicago and have been able to grow herbs in containers through the winter.....I have a stacking metal shelf that helps keep them close to the sunlight....
Banana mint
Lemon Verbena
Italian oregano
Greek oregano
Citrus thyme
Lemon thyme
Chocolate mint
Lime mint
Strawberry mint
Sweet mint (Bonnie's)
Peppermint
Spearmint
Lemon Balm
Chives
Garlic Chives
Spicy globe basil
Laurel bay trees

The mints/balm/verbena I have been playing around with teas.
The other ones I am still trying to learn how to cook with because I am not much of a cook....but they smell nice and remind me of summer through the cold winter.....

I had rosemary, sage, munstead lavender but they keep dying on me.....how do I keep them alive?.....

Upvote 0

Runswithdogs

Mar 11, 2016
Scotland
✟83,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I got an Areo Garden about a month & a half ago.. (just checked.. 50 days ago to be ezact)
Normally cant grow squat in my house, to cold, to damp, not enough sunlight (exspecially in the winter ) plus I ether forget to water or underwater & even when I dont.. well have you ever heard the term Black thumbs?.... Yeah.. thats kinda me....

Anyways... 50 days in & not only is this what I have... thats after me using TONS of the Basil at the back(about 5 meals so far & I use it by the handfull.. not a few leaves. in fact I cut a whole bunch of it right before I took this picture) and a bunch of the other herbs also.

DSCF9417.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

I have never met anyone who wasn't important
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Ooh chocolate mint!

I think with your sage, lavendar and rosemary all those onces prefer sunny and dry dont overwater them.

Mints like it damp and cool.
Too. Much. Water.........
Oooops......
I guess that is why my meyer lemon and key limes trees also bit the dust.....=)

Upvote 0

Miss Tardis Blue

I have never met anyone who wasn't important
Site Supporter
Feb 21, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
✟128,354.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I got an Areo Garden about a month & a half ago.. (just checked.. 50 days ago to be ezact)
Normally cant grow squat in my house, to cold, to damp, not enough sunlight (exspecially in the winter ) plus I ether forget to water or underwater & even when I dont.. well have you ever heard the term Black thumbs?.... Yeah.. thats kinda me....

Anyways... 5 days in & not only is this what I have... thats after me using TONS of the Basil at the back(about 5 meals so far & I use it by the handfull.. not a few leaves. in fact I cut a whole bunch of it right before I took this picture) and a bunch of the other herbs also.

View attachment 190914

ABSOLUTELY LOVELY!!!!!.....

Yes, I was purposely shouting....
they look beautiful.....=)

What kind of basil?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums