Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,079,196.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I love the Word of Faith

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"Do you know what over comes fear McCwowt? Action! Action overcomes fear"

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me saying...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful.

• Agree
Reactions: chrishall57
Upvote 0

Madison Grace

Apr 9, 2020
Tampa
✟7,871.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I love the Word of Faith

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

I am white, with tough luck going in, of Scottish descent, and at one time a very negative guy. In the 1990's our factory hired several VT football players who were all black and of Word of Faith doctrine. In all my years of knowing these guys I have never once heard the first negative word out of their mouth, everything they spoke was faith. They called me, "McCwowt" and would say things like...

"I'm getting out of here McCwowt" And then lay out some plan of escape. They would also come to me saying...

"What are you believing God for McCwowt?" And expect some great plan that would bring joy to their hearts.

They were also very schooled in the Word of Faith. If you had any pains at all they would offer to pray for you right then and there. They also broke me of my negative talk and for that I am eternally grateful.

That’s amazing!!

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
I love the Word of Faith

Hello Rocky,just a word to say have a blessed Easter.
Your positive attitude is always welcome.
I know your a Shambach fan,and all I can ask is who wouldn't be?
God Bless.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hey everyone! I just joined and was happy to finally find Christians who believe the same way I do.

What are your favorite faith teachers to listen to? I love Andrew Wommack and Jonathan Shuttlesworth.

Welcome!
For myself I listen to a wide variety of teachers and Preachers.
It depends on what is going on in my life.
For teaching Kenneth Hagin senior, was gifted along with Andrew Wommack

Reactions: rockytopva
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟616,132.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Same as Now Faith ... I also listen to a wide variety of teachers in the Word of Faith movement. Wommack is one of the best. At this point there is one teacher that when he ministers on TV... I definitely get out my notepad... and that's Creflo Dollar. Yes, he is controversial, but who isn't in some way or another?

You may hear from the "critics" of WOF that we teach a "prosperity gospel" but in reality, there is only one Gospel that we teach, and preach which is the gospel of Jesus Christ and His Grace. And, yes... God wants us to prosper in every way.

Welcome to the Word of faith forum...

321161_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Same as Now Faith ... I also listen to a wide variety of teachers in the Word of Faith movement. Wommack is one of the best. At this point there is one teacher that when he ministers on TV... I definitely get out my notepad... and that's Creflo Dollar. Yes, he is controversial, but who isn't in some way or another?

You may hear from the "critics" of WOF that we teach a "prosperity gospel" but in reality, there is only one Gospel that we teach, and preach which is the gospel of Jesus Christ and His Grace. And, yes... God wants us to prosper in every way.

Welcome to the Word of faith forum...

321161_ff8ab49451ea8ac19264d2598c86b7b8.gif

Amen, the usage of prosperity Gospel was intended to be a negative view of us.
The truth is because if the love of Christ is not prosperity I do not know what is.
If the blessings we receive were not prosperity, then they would not be blessings.

I went to the cambridge dictionary to take a look at how illogical it is to
use prosperity in as a insult.

Antonyms & Near Antonyms for prosperity

So Brother, God has blessed us with a free will choice and I will take the prosperity Gospel.
God Bless, I hope to get back here more often.

Upvote 0