Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Explorers have discovered a series of mysterious, "perfectly aligned" holes punched into the seafloor roughly 1.6 miles (2.6 kilometers) beneath the ocean surface, and they have no idea who or what made them.

SOURCE

Thoughts? comments? explanations?

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Explorers have discovered a series of mysterious, "perfectly aligned" holes punched into the seafloor roughly 1.6 miles (2.6 kilometers) beneath the ocean surface, and they have no idea who or what made them.

SOURCE

Remember the crop circles?

Upvote 0

Benam

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2017
BC
✟682,935.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Wasn't clear to me the size of the holes, but I'd guess they are created by some sort or organism. I mean, puffer fish create underwater "crop circles" that are far more interesting, to me anyway...

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟760,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others

SOURCE

I read this some time ago. I have no explanation other than a guess that it's the activity of some kind sea creature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟376,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Another interesting animal architect is the Great Bowerbird. It's an Australian species, related to the Corvids (crows and jays.) The male builds a vertical nest/shelter (AKA, a bower) of sticks to attract a female. It can be close to a meter in length, and half a meter high. The area in and around the bower is decorated with colorful found objects. The more careful and elaborate the construction, the more enticing it is to a female. Mating takes place in the bower, but then the female flies off and lays her eggs in a nest she makes herself. It's just like some hot-shot dude to impress a lady with his love nest, do the deed, then send her on her way. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0