Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Radical conversion in prison...

Check him out !!!

Strange, YouTube age-restricted that video. Usually they do not age restrict videos of a purely religious character.

• Agree
Reactions: Richard T
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,708.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Strange, YouTube age-restricted that video. Usually they do not age restrict videos of a purely religious character.

Mmmm... I guess there was a lot more than religion in there...

• Prayers
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟84,769.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched this and it brought tears to my eyes. I am not a Hezbollah fighter, but I have had a very similar experience that brought me to Christ. I had persecuted Christians when I was young. Even my parents. I have also been involved with a terrible atrocity where I helped hang a person. I was an awful person and I often look back with tears. But one day, when I was a young man, I did something that pushed the limits too far, and from this, I died. Or at least I thought I died, and God showed me a vision while I was dead. What I saw was my own judgement day. I had to answer for everything I did. And then, at the end of all this, I crawled in before a man. I did not look at Him, but I knew that He was all-powerful, all-knowing and wise, but He was also just. This man spoke to me in a soft voice for a short time. I cannot remember what He said, but the next moment, I was alive.
This is one of the reasons I go out and share the Gospel. I know the fear I had when facing God and I do not want others to face that. I was terrified beyond expression.
God gave His son in our place. So, we need to tell others of this great sacrifice.

Reactions: Carl Emerson
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟383,708.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I watched this and it brought tears to my eyes. I am not a Hezbollah fighter, but I have had a very similar experience that brought me to Christ. I had persecuted Christians when I was young. Even my parents. I have also been involved with a terrible atrocity where I helped hang a person. I was an awful person and I often look back with tears. But one day, when I was a young man, I did something that pushed the limits too far, and from this, I died. Or at least I thought I died, and God showed me a vision while I was dead. What I saw was my own judgement day. I had to answer for everything I did. And then, at the end of all this, I crawled in before a man. I did not look at Him, but I knew that He was all-powerful, all-knowing and wise, but He was also just. This man spoke to me in a soft voice for a short time. I cannot remember what He said, but the next moment, I was alive.
This is one of the reasons I go out and share the Gospel. I know the fear I had when facing God and I do not want others to face that. I was terrified beyond expression.
God gave His son in our place. So, we need to tell others of this great sacrifice.

You have a precious revelation that is rather rare...

I had a face to face with Jesus at about 8 years of age yet my life was shipwrecked after that.

His great love gave me a second chance, so I am deeply conscious of His great grace.

The Fear of Him is now a friend that keeps us from ever falling away again and gives us a rare focus on being committed to His way for us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Inhocsigno

Dec 20, 2007
✟27,077.00
Faith
Lutheran
Greetings Carl,
Thank you for bringing this wonderful story to our attention! We had heard of many similar cases among Syrian, Turkish and Iraqi converts over the past decade but this one particular stands out. This is one of the bases we have been using to focus so many of our missionary efforts in Europe including with our North American-origin missions there, the conversions of such individuals are one of our most significant achievements as they are often among the most fervent in spreading the faith further. Not only with new or restored European churches, but also in bringing the Gospel to their brethren back in their own homelands in North Africa and the Middle East. This has been one of most effective vehicles for successful evangelism efforts.

Upvote 0