United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi everyone,

Today I’m asking a question in the creation tab.So something I’ve been doing for a LONG time now is only focusing my attention on my standing and relationship with Jesus.Which I’m sure all,if not,most of you would commend,but I,recently,have been being hit with very hurtful viewpoint/questions in my mind,when looking in hindsight I see some things of the Lords word as being very,let’s say,obscure.I’m in NO WAY insulting him or questioning him regarding these thoughts.but here’s these questions.

1.)I understand clear cut the meaning and use of the story of Adam and Eve,and hurtfully,many acclaim it to be myth,I don’t hold such view.No excuse implying,I’ve been poisoned in the mind with evolution as I’ve grown from youth.And I seek to purge the theory of evolution out as I view it as garbage from satans mouth.How can I deeper understand the story of Genesis.

2.)How can I deeply understand the flood?

3.)This is a big one,how can I believe and understand the demon locusts in revelation?

4.) the biggest and final one,So sometimes I get so stuck on the laws of logic.And when I take a step back and observe,I have a very hard time understanding how Gods almighty power(I don’t say magic because I find that insulting to him) can create something like this,it’s just that I’ve been so poisoned in my subconscious who ur evolution,that I sometimes have a hard time believing miracles and Gods power,How can I deeply understand better to heart?

Please know I asking to understand deeper,not to question the Lords authority.I must also add I’m very scared of philosophies like atheism,agnosticism,theism,and Diesm.and seek not in the slightest bit to ever become one of those 4.It’s just that I have a be try hard time believing in the miracles of God to believe it to be possible in nature.

Note:I don’t mean to bring about questions to anyone who reads this.I don’t want to loosen anyones faith by any means.Prayers,if possible,would be much appreciated.

jesuslover811

Dec 3, 2021
Nowhere
✟6,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that's okay. We are not meant or even capable of understanding Gods power and glory completely. Heaven is never described in detail or the creation is not described in a lot of detail because we cannot understand and that's okay. We should not rely on our own understanding but put faith in God.

• Agree
Reactions: Blaise N
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1.)I understand clear cut the meaning and use of the story of Adam and Eve,and hurtfully,many acclaim it to be myth,I don’t hold such view.No excuse implying,I’ve been poisoned in the mind with evolution as I’ve grown from youth.And I seek to purge the theory of evolution out as I view it as garbage from satans mouth.How can I deeper understand the story of Genesis.

rather than answer your questions I suggest you start following answersingenesis or creation.com. They both stand by the authority and accuracy of scripture and have many articles about creation, the flood etc etc etc.

Revelation is a series of word pictures as John tries to explain what he does not understand and so discribes things by what he does know.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Q4: There is something rather than nothing, because we are on an "existence wave" (this term of mine would amuse Dennett or Dawkins no doubt).

The "gravity waves" whose existence Einstein guessed, appear to be gaining more and more confirmation.

Even Popper intuited "propensity zones" which I see as sort of "happening places".

In addition light, time, and Person seem traceable by reason back to what is apparently "earliest" (but we know the Person of God in Whose image we are made goes "further back" than that).

A sensible philosopher on the subject of time is Huw Price.

Q2: Knowledgeable people thousands of years ago knew that conditions could change and I think Noah was knowledgeable as well as sensitive to various issues. Figures given in Gen 6, 7, 8 add up to two different sets, hence it is sometimes said there were two floods described here, with the same meaning.

Floods of this kind were more than local but less than continental. Some natural dams in some countries had formed from a mixture of tree trunks, gravel and ice, and when it warmed a body of water would suddenly sploosh. Inundations of that kind cause water to come up above land quite a lot, then go down a little.

Meantime there were all sorts of movements of land areas from all causes, both up and down.

(This shows how wicked it is of corporations to interfere with nature by causing heat pollution. Bacon and Mill disastrously overstressed the single cause fallacy.)

The Tamils had records of such events that sadly got largely lost.

Inundation stories from different countries are different because the characteristics of the occurrence would vary in every location. (I think I got this from Stephen Oppenheimer.)

Some writers think the wording of Gen 1, verse 2 to end of chapter, describe visually the format of an earlier such inundation (the third from most recent) but the writer of Genesis clearly intended the meaning of Creation to be attached to it.

Hermeneutics, which got going (in fits and starts) before evolution, reminds us of what was always true, that all spoken and written texts have meanings. Sadly some religious "big" personalities taught the Bible as if it didn't have meanings: as if Our Lord wasn't calling us through it to do exactly as you are doing, sticking with Him and growing in your relationship with Him. Then some secularists have (sadly) copied the same attitude, both to the Bible and to all other knowledge.

Since I self-homeschooled (in retirement) on philosophy, science and history, my belief in our God and Holy Scripture has got much firmer.

The grip of learning on my imagination has outstripped my skill at actually citing references to publications, apologies!

Remember you are not bound to answers given by particular answer givers: the substance or content of them is not part of what is required of you.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
As I see it there are two main areas in your Q1: mythology and "evolution".

a - "Evolution" first. I think it has of late not only been badly explained by some popularisers involved, but also hijacked by lugubrious-minded and superstitious elements.

In my young day here in England incidentally, the word "evolution" seemed to be used simply to mean roughly the same as "Nature" or "Creation" in the sense of "What Turned Up". Agnostics seemed friendly to church attenders, and simply slotted God out of their concept of science if they didn't think they had use for Him.

We also treated words as alluding and when several allusions intersect, we can have meaning.

Possible changes in life forms have had more than one cause. Contingent causes certainly include elimination by outside events sometimes (S J Gould wrote about this). On the genetic side, I intuit that genetic drift causes stability as well as some kinds of mutations. Changes in size fill ecological gaps. Chronologies have been estimated (a respectable idea in itself) but usually on the basis of lesser information that we have since acquired and also uncoordinated from each other.

The appearance of humanity, as humanity, cannot actually be "accounted" for by these means.

What we have in "evolutionary science" is a bunch of ideas towards potential hypotheses, and that is actually a very respectable state of affairs in any science.

All knowledge comprises a variable mixture of falsifiability on one hand and degrees of inference on the other (John Henry Newman wrote about the latter).

b - Mythology was a way of encoding or passing down layers of meaning, in practical affairs, history, philosophy etc.

Poetic techniques are part of the method. Entertainment is often built in; and / or tragedy, epic, drama, morals, devotion etc.

Not only Ryan and Pitman, but others, have described how traditions are passed down.

I think written copies were kept from Joshua's time (time of Moses) to assist in the oral training; wider literacy crept in during or after the Exile. Once again I am relating potted versions from memory as my notes are not well enough cross referenced yet.

The fact that human beings have been using these methods in the context of Nature and culture around them, doesn't conflict with each people including the Hebrew people bearing witness to their own unique observations.

Already in classical times some writers pooh poohed mythology altogether; but others were more level headed and simply warned us not to get superstitious and not to let anything get in the way of our sense of reality and living in a good and sensible fashion. It's evident there always have been people using anything and everything as their excuse for superstition and for exerting a bad influence over each other.

Metaphor by the way are of all kinds and the proper intention is always to highlight meanings.

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Dallas Willard left some good quality essays on general philosophy on his web site.
Susan Haack is very good on logic and on philosophy of science.
I've just found the whole of Aristotle on a web site for downloading.
I heartily recommend Straight and Crooked thinking by R Thouless.
I also like Elementary Lessons in Logic by W Stanley Jevons (free PDF) (dry sense of humour and wide imagination; don't worry over much about symbols used).
Etienne Gilson explains Methodical Realism well.
Walter Hopp's Phenomenology (Husserl based), and various essays by and commentaries on C S Peirce, cover issues that knit the subjective and objective together, and how symbol occurs in knowledge (solving the problems Descartes had).
I started with several dictionaries of philosophy to "sniff out" some topics or authors to try first. I did pick some "duds" along the way though.
Sorry but you've sparked me off !!! :amen::idea::)o_O

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is a big one,how can I believe and understand the demon locusts in revelation?

I'm not sure about the locusts, but

18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths.
19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

since John had never seen a gun (and probably never an explosion), did he confuse a tank barrel with a tail?

Upvote 0

Amittai

baggage apostate
Aug 20, 2006
✟41,180.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I will say it seems that of late, some science writing and teaching has lagged behind scholarship more. Some people think some strata were the other way up and overturned, some don't. Electro-gravitic fields are being researched by some. Mount Toba (a huge volcanic explosion) is estimated by some at 75,000 years ago. Most of human existence might have been during Ice Ages.

The things I mentioned are only how I make sense of some things for myself, because the world around me excites my admiration. I use "chronologies" as starting points for reference, not finishing points, that's just me. I think study should still be given to ways chronologies might coordinate.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi everyone,

Today I’m asking a question in the creation tab.So something I’ve been doing for a LONG time now is only focusing my attention on my standing and relationship with Jesus.Which I’m sure all,if not,most of you would commend,but I,recently,have been being hit with very hurtful viewpoint/questions in my mind,when looking in hindsight I see some things of the Lords word as being very,let’s say,obscure.I’m in NO WAY insulting him or questioning him regarding these thoughts.but here’s these questions.

3.)This is a big one,how can I believe and understand the demon locusts in revelation?

4.) the biggest and final one,So sometimes I get so stuck on the laws of logic.And when I take a step back and observe,I have a very hard time understanding how Gods almighty power(I don’t say magic because I find that insulting to him) can create something like this,it’s just that I’ve been so poisoned in my subconscious who ur evolution,that I sometimes have a hard time believing miracles and Gods power,How can I deeply understand better to heart?

Please know I asking to understand deeper,not to question the Lords authority.I must also add I’m very scared of philosophies like atheism,agnosticism,theism,and Diesm.and seek not in the slightest bit to ever become one of those 4.It’s just that I have a be try hard time believing in the miracles of God to believe it to be possible in nature.

Note:I don’t mean to bring about questions to anyone who reads this.I don’t want to loosen anyones faith by any means.Prayers,if possible,would be much appreciated.

This helps to clear things up:
It's not easy, but it is simple.
Hear God's Voice - Get Prayers Answered - Instructions (in plain English) Here-

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone,

That's a lot of questions. One of the great days in my life was when I decided to take God at His word. Human reason and logic cannot comprehend God. Spiritual things can only be understood spiritually. One of the jobs of the Holy Spirit is to give us understanding of God's word. You can ask for the "Spirit of wisdom and revelation". I heard a preacher talk about this and I realised my need. God wants us to know Him. He will reveal Himself if we ask.

A small example. Two brothers, both Christians, had about 300 miles to go to get home, by motorbike. It was Sunday, so no dentists open. One of the brothers was in agony from toothache. His brother said we should pray for him. To myself, I said, "God does not heal teeth." The Lord said to me, "Oh yes I do." I then had like a wave come over me, a wave of faith and I knew God was going to heal him. I prayed and the man rose up of his bed and they went on their. I was as surprised as anyone. I've not had anything like it since, and that was over 40 years ago. God revealed Himself in spite of my doubt and unbelief.

I was reading encyclopedias at the age of 8. My friends were into comic books. I wanted to know everything. That is actually a hindrance because I had an "I won't believe unless I understand" attitude. I soon found that to be foolish. Who can work out God?

Having said that, there is a lot of information put together by some very clever people. One of them is a gentleman named Walt Brown. He's been researching the fundamentals of creation for decades. He wrote a book, "In the Beginning" that covers creation, geology, the flood, evidence against evolution and more. You can download it in .pdf format for free.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Justaman0000

Visit www.DiscoveringGod.net
Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

18 A third of mankind was killed by the three plagues of fire, smoke and sulfur that came out of their mouths.
19 The power of the horses was in their mouths and in their tails; for their tails were like snakes, having heads with which they inflict injury.

since John had never seen a gun (and probably never an explosion), did he confuse a tank barrel with a tail?

This was what I understood the text to mean. John didn't know what he was seeing. As for the locusts, beginning around WW1 (i think, may have been WW2) planes with teeth like a lions were painted on them, and they have a clear cockpit where you can see the person. This may have been what he was seeing, or something similar. The locusts flew, had teeth like a lion, and a face like a human.

Attachments

• 61143e536fe08d0019979a77.jpg
    61143e536fe08d0019979a77.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 7
Upvote 0

Justaman0000

Visit www.DiscoveringGod.net
Dec 10, 2008
Everywhere
Visit site
✟21,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

1) Don't throw out the possibility of evolution just yet. God is eternal, and He is not magic. Billions of years mean nothing to Him and evolution could have been a controlled and guided process that he started to create the species on Earth. All of Genesis chapter 1 is God terraforming the Earth for life. He says let the earth produce vegetation. Let the waters team with life. Let the Earth produce living creatures. But when it came to man, he created us hands on in his image. God let the Earth produce all these lifeforms according to scripture. I believe that some of the theory of evolution is right, but their theory of all life beginning from one common ancestor has no evidence and is purely speculative. The fossil record doesn't support it.

2) there are all kinds of flood stories across the world. I don't think it had a deeper meaning. God wanted to wipe out all evil on the Earth. Read the book of Enoch if you want some insite on before the flood. Graham Hancock isn't a Christian, but he does research into the Earth being flooded at one time. He has found evidence for this, so the story has to be at least partially truth, even to the naysayer.

3) the demon locusts, from my understanding, are the planes of war that had teeth painted on them. They have teeth like a lion, they fly, they are loud, you can see the face of a human in the cockpit. My whole understanding of revelation is that much of it was already fulfilled during WW1 & 2. John was seeing the future amd he didn't know what he was seeing. He tried to explain it the best he could.

4) study intelligent design. There are tons of scientists out there at work in this field. God isn't magic, but he is a supernatural being. Meaning, he is above the nature of the things in this universe. He has to be a being that exists outside this universe to have created it. How He created it is above our understanding, just like a child cam't possibly understand the engineering it took to create a car. We can however observe everything, and understand how it works, which is what science is. His creation is evidence of Him (Romans 1:20)

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi @Blaise N

Just stopping by to offer some encouragement and advice as pertains to your questions.

I think the first thing that we need to seek, is to be born again. Born of the Spirit of God and this does not come by just being a 'christian' anymore than it came under the old covenant by just being a Jew. Jesus spoke to Nicodemus, and he quite obviously did not understand what Jesus was talking about when he spoke to him about being born again. So, I believe that this particular subject is something that a lot of christians don't understand any more than Nicodemus did in his day. Jesus told Nicodemus that he 'must' be born again and then brought him up by saying to him, "Are you, 'the Teacher of Israel,' and yet do you not understand these things?"

So, personally, I think that this issue of being born again is a very, very important matter according to Jesus and so that's the first encouragement I would give you. Seek to be born of God's Spirit.

Now, why is that so important? Well, Jesus also tells us that it is this Spirit that gives us wisdom and discernment of the truth of God. So, without the Spirit of God, it's very possible that questions such as you are having and doubts, are just the natural working out of being a 'christian', but not being 'born again'.

So, you may ask, why are there christians who aren't born again and how do we know this. Again we turn to the words of Jesus. In his last days upon the earth he spoke to his disciples concerning the day of his Father's judgment. He told them that on that day there would be many clamoring before him, "Lord, Lord!" "Did we not do great miracles and mighty deeds and cast out demons in your name?" Jesus mentions that they will be crying out three different practices that they held to while living on the earth, and for every one of them he concludes with them saying, "in your name".

"On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’"

Now, I've known a lot of Muslims. I've listened to their prayers and I've seen them do their good deeds. But I have never once heard them say that they are doing such good deeds in Jesus' name. I know of many Hindus and I know that they believe in doing good to one another, but I've never heard a one of them say, when doing their good deeds, that they are doing so in the name of Jesus. I think it safe to say that these people that Jesus is speaking about on the day of his Father's judgment were people who everyone upon the earth looked at as being christians. Judging by the things that they are claiming to have done, I imagine they were considered to be pretty special christians by their respective fellow believers. Yet, Jesus turns to all of them and says that he never knew them!!!! HUH??? It would appear that these were 'christians' without the born again Spirit within them.

Paul writes that this Spirit is given as a guarantee of our salvation. Was Jesus wrong? Was Paul wrong? No, not at all. Christains are pretty much just like Jews in the practice of their faith and depth of their belief. God speaks ad infinitum of how rebellious and stiff necked the Jews, as a whole body of people were. He often made the comment that there was only a remnant that was faithful to him. I believe this is just as true of the christian faith. As a whole body of 'christians' living upon the earth we are actually still pretty wicked people in God's sight and have not received His Spirit. That guarantee of our soon coming salvation. So go to the Lord in prayer and supplication and cry out to Him to give you His Spirit. For it is only by that Spirit that any of us gains discernment and wisdom of the things of God.

As for your questions, I'll explain my position, but again, without the Spirit's discernment and wisdom you'll likely just not understand. The answer to question #1 is just what I've explained to you. If you want to understand the Genesis account more deeply, than you have to ask for the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. Whenever I sit down to read the Scriptures, I always start by spending time with my Father asking that His Spirit give me wisdom and discernment of the things that I'm reading. And it's not a quick, "Give me your Spirit God. Thank you. Amen!"

#2 I'm not really sure what you mean by 'deeply' understand. Just understanding the flood is all that we need to understand. I hear people sometimes say, "Why does God let evil exist?" Or, "Why does God let bad things happen?" Listen God has the power to stop evil and bad things happening. Unfortunately, if He were to do that, we'd all likely be wiped out. He did it once before and it was by a flood. God saw that the heart of man was bent towards wickedness all the time and He destroyed everything except 8 people. What do you think? If God were to do it again would you be one of those 8? So, I always caution people when they wonder why God doesn't do away with evil that they had better hope that He doesn't yet. But He will. It's in the account of the new heaven and the new earth that there won't any longer by any evil where His children live.

The flood happened. It flooded the entire earth and wiped out every living thing that walked about on the earth. In total, until the ground was again as dry as we know it today, it lasted about one year. It's purpose was to cleanse the earth. I'm not really sure how much 'deeper' that needs to be understood. My guess is that you're real issue is with believing it as it has been written in God's word.

#3 I honestly wouldn't even encourage you to yet be concerned about understanding the demon locusts, but as with many prophecies of the Scriptures, we aren't really likely to fully understand them as to their exact working out physically, until they come to pass. Just know and be assured that in the last days, as God pours out His wrath upon the unbelievers, there will be some kind of locust like creature that will torment people. I mean, God made every creature both in and on the earth, I don't think it would be any difficulty to create some new type of creature for just His purposes in those days.

#4 Will again require some work of the Holy Spirit. Many of the miracles of God's work are tough things for the simple mind of man to understand. How did God cause the shadow cast by the sun, on one particular day and at one particular moment to actually go backwards from the normal movement of a sun cast shadow? Even the king agree that this was the only way to know that God was at work in doing this. King Hezekiah said to the prophet Isaiah, when asked whether he wanted God to make the shadow go forward or backward 10 degrees, "It is an easy thing for the shadow to go down ten degrees, no but let the shadow go backward ten degrees." King Hezekiah knew that to make the sun's shadow go forward would just be a matter of waiting. After all, the sun's shadow moves forward all the time. But to make a shadow go backward...well now, that's a miracle that only a God who controls the whole of the universe can do.

But, in today's world, just as you've mentioned with the Adam and Eve account, many people, even some christians, will explain such events away as not being real events happening in real time in the lives of men and women of the Scriptures.

So, you want to believe God? Then go to Him in prayer and pour out your desire to know more about Him and all that He has done and plead for the indwelling Holy Spirit to give you insight and wisdom and discernment concerning God. I pray that this helps you find your way.

God bless,
Ted

• Winner
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone,

I would like to talk to you but you never come back to your own threads.
I checked the last one were I replied at least three times and you never replied back to anyone on the thread. Makes me feel like you ask then walk away and ignore us. :(
So is there any point in me answering?

Can you please at least reply to this and tell me you will actually read and acknowledge that you have read.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t think they get EVERYTHING right, but Answers in Genesis is a good resource for understanding Genesis. If something in Genesis doesn’t make sense to you, research it! Make sure that what you end up believing about Genesis is supported by scripture, not just picking and choosing whatever you want to believe.
Again, AiG is a good resource.
It’s HARD to understand Revelation because the author was describing future events with language that he, and the people he wrote to in Revelation, could understand. The events in Revelation shouldn’t be taken entirely literally, I think. Of course, it should be taken seriously and everything in Revelation will happen the way God said it would, but it would look differently to someone in Bible times than to someone in the present or future, if that makes sense.
What helped me was, God created logic. He can therefore break the laws of logic. He is above logic and He does not have to answer to logic.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Blaise N

Jul 4, 2021
Midwest US
✟120,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I would like to talk to you but you never come back to your own threads.
I checked the last one were I replied at least three times and you never replied back to anyone on the thread. Makes me feel like you ask then walk away and ignore us. :(
So is there any point in me answering?

Can you please at least reply to this and tell me you will actually read and acknowledge that you have read.
Yes I read and acknowledge what I read,I don’t want to hurt anyone,and I don’t ignore people,especially brothers and sisters.I heartfeltly apologize.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I thought that passage was describing atomic bombs, but tanks seem to make more sense. Either way, Revelation seems to be describing World War III

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Understand that the real meaning is that there was no death before sin.
This idea that evolution occurred for millions of years with death occurring naturally for millions of years as things evolved is a direct lie from Satan. He wants you to think that death is just a normal byproduct of life. It is not. Death is the direct result of sin and the wages of sin are death.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Death of the body and spirit is not a normal part of the creation, it came in due to man's sin. Death is God's enemy, he would have never have watched and used his enemy in his creation process. When God had finished creating he said it was 'Very good" Nothing about death and decay are very good.

Romans 5:12
Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—

All people because we all come from Adam.

If someone says oh that's just spiritual death, not physical; physical death was part of the curse. The Bible talks about spiritual and physical death. It wasn't something that was already occurring while Adam was in the garden, the body dying and returning to dust was part of the curse.

Genesis 3
17 To Adam he said, “Because you listened to your wife and ate fruit from the tree about which I commanded you, ‘You must not eat from it,’

“Cursed is the ground because of you;
through painful toil you will eat food from it
all the days of your life.
18 It will produce thorns and thistles for you,
and you will eat the plants of the field.
19 By the sweat of your brow
you will eat your food
until you return to the ground,
since from it you were taken;
for dust you are
and to dust you will return.”

Because of what he did death and returning to dust is the fate of the body -unless Jesus returns before we die.

You can't have millions of years of evolution and no death. The two do not fit together.

The flood was global. When God says destroy all life he means all life. The same way Jesus died for all people. It's not a section of the people or a section of the land, all means all.

The flood was a supernatural event, those who try to put spokes into it are claiming things about nature and the natural laws. Miracles have nothing to do with the natural laws of nature. God sent the animals, who at this time were far fewer then now. God closed the door, he sent the flood. The flood wasn't just rain from the canopy that surrounded the earth at that time but also from the deep, under the crust. Volcanoes erupted putting ash into the sky. This caused an ice age, the only ice age. The flood also broke apart the one land mass creating the continents.
There are numerous articles around about that The Ice Age and the Genesis Flood
Because of this new harsh climate God at this point says man may now eat meat.
Genesis 9:3
Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

That is really another topic. You might want to ask about that on the end time area.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

Submit to God, pray and read his word, believe in his word.

• Agree
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes I read and acknowledge what I read,I don’t want to hurt anyone,and I don’t ignore people,especially brothers and sisters.I heartfeltly apologize.

Okay good to know, thank you. Please reply back to what I answered and let me know if what I said helped, if you want calcification on any point, ect. The board is here for a conversation. I can't have a conversation with you if you never reply. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0