London
✟109,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Terence McKenna once asked the mushrooms what we should do about overpopulation and the answer he got was that everyone should only have one child. Pretty decent answer I think. It's simple math.

i see he is a holy grail/philosophers stone/elixir of life/Pandora's box/pine cone/pineal gland/eye of the soul/eye of Horus etc etc seeker .... the mushrooms failed to mention in the math's that we would then be extinct within 1000 years provided every female had one child, not to mention as this progressed we would have to work more and less diversified as the last 300 or so years there would be less than a 1000 of us ...

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
i see he is a holy grail/philosophers stone/elixir of life/Pandora's box/pine cone/pineal gland/eye of the soul/eye of Horus etc etc seeker .... the mushrooms failed to mention in the math's that we would then be extinct within 1000 years provided every female had one child, not to mention as this progressed we would have to work more and less diversified as the last 300 or so years there would be less than a 1000 of us ...
that's funny but no one would blindly keep on doing it when they no longer needed to. also we could just hunt animals and have a lot of leisure time if there were fewer of us. bison will literally stand there and let you kill them one by one wondering what the heck is going on if you killed them with a rifle.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Less people that need things means less work. if humans were smarter they would realize that they have already found out how to build houses that last for thousands of years. in some measure the economy has enslaved humans, but it took the place of nature who forces us to have food and shelter and protection.

I think the solution for humans in this world will be the same one which we have historically done. We will try to destroy selves as much as possible with Wars and famines or be destroyed by Nature. Either that or we're going to develop Star Trek technology and make food replicators. I think the general hope for humans in this world is that sci-fi fantasies come true. They have correctly predicted some things.

• Agree
Reactions: dlamberth
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟109,344.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Less people that need things means less work. if humans were smarter they would realize that they have already found out how to build houses that last for thousands of years. in some measure the economy has enslaved humans, but it took the place of nature who forces us to have food and shelter and protection.

I think the solution for humans in this world will be the same one which we have historically done. We will try to destroy selves as much as possible with Wars and famines or be destroyed by Nature. Either that or we're going to develop Star Trek technology and make food replicators. I think the general hope for humans in this world is that sci-fi fantasies come true. They have correctly predicted some things.

mushrooms clouds spring to mind

• Haha
Reactions: Noxot
Upvote 0