Visit site
✟1,031,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In what way do you minister in your church? What do you do to help encourage children to participate in some sort of ministry? Do you find ministry opportunities in your church, or do you "make" ministry opportunities outside of the church? How can we help lead others, especially those who are young, to be vibrant members of the Body of Christ?

WolfGate

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2004
South Carolina
✟458,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Me, I'm an elder and a small group leader, so no direct work getting children involved in ministry other than to help assure we have proper ministries available.

My wife, on the other hand, leads the middle and high school kids who do the choreographed moves to songs in our evening family and Sunday morning children's worship. She has built a culture where the kids (who rush to the front during songs to do the motions as well) go through attending these services and about the time they get to be 11-12 years old they want to be on the stage as well. She has created various forms of leadership within that group, which allows the kids to learn how to work with others to lead and minister and help those around them grow in service. It's pretty cool. Our daughter is now about to head off to college, but I think my wife will keep doing that for a while.

Upvote 0