✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, I reached a new low in sizing.

Now a US size 6 down from 28/30 many years ago.

My brain doesn't really connect with a new body size, despite many compliments, everything just feels surreal.

Despite that, I am going through a lot of things and have no one to talk to about these things. That's ok since I wouldn't talk to anyone about them, anyway, but it would be nice to think I could if I wanted to.......

Because of this, I find that I'm emotionally eating and I'm on the track to derailing all of my hard work.

I haven't given up alcohol, despite telling myself I would over a month ago, and that is not helping. On the flip side of that, I keep telling myself it's okay to drink since it is now the one and only thing I allow myself as a 'treat'.

The problem with drinking is that I eat too much when I drink and again the day after and it completely resets my good intention. By the time the weekend rolls around and I've recalibrated, I drink again?

I just needed to get some of this off my chest since I am feeling like a complete failure and getting really discouraged.

I was supposed to run fasted today and I've already racked up 800 calories out of the 1400 allowance I've given myself on top of 3000+ yesterday.

Lifting weights, running and doing Krav takes a lot of discipline and energy and I just feel like I'm letting all of this down with my silly thought => action process.

Thanks for listening and sincerely hope you're all in a better place!

Prayers appreciated!

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Some people will binge/emotional eat when going through a lot of things.

But this can also be the result of your Keto diet. The diet is far from perfect and definitely not suitable for everyone and it seems like you're manifesting the unwanted effects (cons) of the keto diet.

Many health experts/doctors will recommend Mediterranean diet with Intermittent Fasting as good, it not, better alternative to Keto Diet. In case you decide to give up keto diet, don't do the switch overnight but gradually. Increase your carb intake in small steps each week because if you start eating high carb foods right away, your body won't produce enough insulin (due to adaptations to keto diet) and would raise your blood sugar dramatically.

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people will binge/emotional eat when going through a lot of things.

But this can also be the result of your Keto diet. The diet is far from perfect and definitely not suitable for everyone and it seems like you're manifesting the unwanted effects (cons) of the keto diet.

Many health experts/doctors will recommend Mediterranean diet with Intermittent Fasting as good, it not, better alternative to Keto Diet. In case you decide to give up keto diet, don't do the switch overnight but gradually. Increase your carb intake in small steps each week because if you start eating high carb foods right away, your body won't produce enough insulin (due to adaptations to keto diet) and would raise your blood sugar dramatically.
Thanks for reading and responding - so appreciated!

I don't have any intention of giving up the keto diet because I never am really in keto as it is defined i.e. <20g carbs/day. I find that I'm there 3 days a week and then go anywhere from 30-50 on other days. Last night, well, I did over 120! So, I'm probably just low carb more than keto.

Also, I think after counting macros every single day of my life for the last 20 years, I am burned out. I have taken a break over the last year and it's showing, I guess. I had some traumatic stuff happen to me and I have kind of let that dominate all my energy.

I'm going to do some mobility/flex work and do my 2 mile run but my heart isn't in it...guess that doesn't matter as long as it gets done!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You have to find something you really like doing that isn't harmful to your health. That's going to require some personal exploration. Intrinsic rewards are a better motivator.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for reading and responding - so appreciated!

I don't have any intention of giving up the keto diet because I never am really in keto as it is defined i.e. <20g carbs/day. I find that I'm there 3 days a week and then go anywhere from 30-50 on other days. Last night, well, I did over 120! So, I'm probably just low carb more than keto.

You're welcome!

Yeah, definitely don't eat so many carbs one day while on low carb diet!

When on low carb diet, the body adapts by producing less insulin. Then one day, you eat so much carbs, you won't have enough insulin to remove excess blood sugar and end up with high blood sugar. A simple way to know you have high blood sugar is frequent urination and excessive drinking of water.

My daily carb intake is around 200g. It doesn't give me problems because my body is used to it. Always makes enough insulin to remove excess.

If you're planning to switch from low carb diet to higher carb diet, do it slowly, progressively over a period of several weeks perhaps to avoid high blood sugar.

Also, I think after counting macros every single day of my life for the last 20 years, I am burned out. I have taken a break over the last year and it's showing, I guess. I had some traumatic stuff happen to me and I have kind of let that dominate all my energy.

I'm going to do some mobility/flex work and do my 2 mile run but my heart isn't in it...guess that doesn't matter as long as it gets done!

Sorry to hear. I deal with trauma as well. I understand people deal with them differently. Whatever works!

Though I have changed mine. It used to be video games then it became work and exercise. Those long cardio exercises give me nice dreams. A way to escape. Anyway, I pray you get the strength to never give up!

Upvote 0