✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rhamiel,

No need to apologize, because I have been rubbing the Catholics the wrong way too. Truthfully, if the Bishop would call my bluff and offer me a clean bill of health, I would probably turn it down. I love the Protestants, especially the Charismatics like Benny Hinn. Both my wife and I pray partly suspended, so I doubt if we would be compatible with you guys.

Okay, I'll be honest with you and tell you why I want to observe Ash Wednesday. It falls on the same day as my protestant bible study. Young protestants your age have a hard time understanding repentance, so the catholic outward expression of repentance with a cross made of ashes will get the bible study moving in that direction. Understand, that protestants do not make an outward expression, and claim that they pray in a closet. In reality they do not repent at all.

I am not allowed to post a YouTube until after 50 posts, but you can go to YouTube and search for, "Darlene Zschech - Here I Am to Worship" That is the music that your generation is worshiping with nowadays. I think you will like it. You can open two windows of Explorer, and listen to "Here I am to Worship" while you read forum messages.

I still honor Mary and listen to this YouTube early in the morning. Do a YouTube search for "Helene Fischer - Ave Maria" For sure you will be blessed and will listen to this one often. It's best to search inside the YouTube Site.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Rhamiel,

No need to apologize, because I have been rubbing the Catholics the wrong way too. Truthfully, if the Bishop would call my bluff and offer me a clean bill of health, I would probably turn it down. I love the Protestants, especially the Charismatics like Benny Hinn. Both my wife and I pray partly suspended, so I doubt if we would be compatible with you guys.

Okay, I'll be honest with you and tell you why I want to observe Ash Wednesday. It falls on the same day as my protestant bible study. Young protestants your age have a hard time understanding repentance, so the catholic outward expression of repentance with a cross made of ashes will get the bible study moving in that direction. Understand, that protestants do not make an outward expression, and claim that they pray in a closet. In reality they do not repent at all.

I am not allowed to post a YouTube until after 50 posts, but you can go to YouTube and search for, "Darlene Zschech - Here I Am to Worship" That is the music that your generation is worshiping with nowadays. I think you will like it. You can open two windows of Explorer, and listen to "Here I am to Worship" while you read forum messages.

I still honor Mary and listen to this YouTube early in the morning. Do a YouTube search for "Helene Fischer - Ave Maria" For sure you will be blessed and will listen to this one often. It's best to search inside the YouTube Site.
eben though you are not in communion with the Church, i think that it would be ok for you to recieve ashes, you are still christian after all
what do you mean that you pray partly suspended? i have never heard that term before

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
eben though you are not in communion with the Church, i think that it would be ok for you to recieve ashes, you are still christian after all
what do you mean that you pray partly suspended? i have never heard that term before

That is easy, but you will have to do another YouTube Search for "Terry MacAlmon - Even so"

The second to the last verse in the Book of Revelation says, "Even so, come Lord" so we carry our worship to the next level. It's not New Age, but it borrows a lot from that movement. My wife and I fly from San Francisco to Colorado Springs to worship with this group on Friday nights. You will notice that everyone is partly suspended with some even laying on the floor as they worship.

That passage is found in the King James Version, and "Even so" in the English culture means Peace "acknowledgment without opposition" and then continue on with what we are presently doing" [ PEACE ] [ PEACE ] Come lord Jesus come, how my soul longs to be with you Jesus. [ PEACE ] Even so, Even so. take your bride away.

We will sometime sing like that all night. Another example that I am sure the Catholics don't want you to know about, is when we sing another word all night, "Alleluia". The YouTube I'm giving you is when 5 million souls in India worship at one meeting, and I think it was a total of over 12 million for the weekend. All you have to do is look into the faces of these worshipers to see that they are partly suspended. Do a YouTube Search for, "Benny Hinn - Alleluia in India (2004)"

Its awesome. About 3/4 way through the Video look off into the distance at the sea of people worshiping and singing, "Alleluia". It's the mighty work of the God the Father through His Holy Spirit. There is Catholic Charismatic Renewal authorized by Second Vatican Council, so I guess you are free to worship with us Holy Rollers? I don't know?

The Assembly of God Church that we belong to keeps lent, so it's not just a Catholic thing. The Ashes on our forehead is Catholic. I think? Maybe Jewish?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is easy, but you will have to do another YouTube Search for "Terry MacAlmon - Even so"

The second to the last verse in the Book of Revelation says, "Even so, come Lord" so we carry our worship to the next level. It's not New Age, but it borrows a lot from that movement. My wife and I fly from San Francisco to Colorado Springs to worship with this group on Friday nights. You will notice that everyone is partly suspended with some even laying on the floor as they worship.

That passage is found in the King James Version, and "Even so" in the English culture means Peace "acknowledgment without opposition" and then continue on with what we are presently doing" [ PEACE ] [ PEACE ] Come lord Jesus come, how my soul longs to be with you Jesus. [ PEACE ] Even so, Even so. take your bride away.

We will sometime sing like that all night. Another example that I am sure the Catholics don't want you to know about, is when we sing another word all night, "Alleluia". The YouTube I'm giving you is when 5 million souls in India worship at one meeting, and I think it was a total of over 12 million for the weekend. All you have to do is look into the faces of these worshipers to see that they are partly suspended. Do a YouTube Search for, "Benny Hinn - Alleluia in India (2004)"

Its awesome. About 3/4 way through the Video look off into the distance at the sea of people worshiping and singing, "Alleluia". It's the mighty work of the God the Father through His Holy Spirit. There is Catholic Charismatic Renewal authorized by Second Vatican Council, so I guess you are free to worship with us Holy Rollers? I don't know?

The Assembly of God Church that we belong to keeps lent, so it's not just a Catholic thing. The Ashes on our forehead is Catholic. I think? Maybe Jewish?
i do not think the ashes on the forhead is jewish, though i do think ashes as a sign of repentance and sorrow for sin might be jewish
we are free to worship with our brothers and sisters in Christ, even if they are not in communion with the Church, also i do not find all that "stuff the catholics do not want you to hear" all that scandelous lol, why would catholics not want you to see that???

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Rhamiel,

We are packing for a last minute trip to Hawaii, but the flights are full. Hope my next message will be from our hotel room at Waikiki. I read somewhere that the RC don't like Benny Hinn.
enjoy the island state
I do not know much about Benny Hinn, just looked him up on wikipedia, says he believes in the Prosperity Gospel, that is not a christian belief, look at Job and Jesus and all the Apostles

Upvote 0

banish'd

Shekinah Glory
Feb 6, 2010
San Francisco
✟15,776.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
enjoy the island state
I do not know much about Benny Hinn, just looked him up on wikipedia, says he believes in the Prosperity Gospel, that is not a christian belief, look at Job and Jesus and all the Apostles

Yes, but Job, Jesus, and all the Apostles did not sow a seed of faith and expect a return.

Upvote 0