Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I've been watching this food video blogger for the last couple of months because he has videos covering exotic places and foods and cultures, and fun and interesting videos. I just started watching this video, but I think it will be very informative from a stand point of social commentary because he encounters a lot of harassment by the police, but this is the same kind of thing that Egyptian / Coptic Christians experience with the official and unofficial Sharia law culture of that nation.

Reactions: Athanasius377

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Covers a few traditional Egyptian dishes I've had, as well as a few I've been interested in like the stuffed smoked deep fried pigeon, and other things I never had or even heard of. Because of the police harassment, he explored the countryside, like a camel market place, an oasis, and a desert wilderness place that reminds me of places in the Mojave desert where I grew up, like the Pinnacles and Death Valley.

Other than his two brushes with the police he had a pretty good time, except some scares leaving the Camel market where it seemed like the locals went out of their way to try to shake him down and extort money out of him.

I think what made him never want to go back to Egypt was the police impounded his TV cameras and recording equipment worth 10-12K US $, in spite of him having all the press credentials and permits. He was worried they were not going to give it back to him when he left, which they did. But this experience is in contrast to him going to other Muslim areas in Africa and Asia where things were friendly and uneventful except for meeting nice people, seeing exotic sites and tasting exotic food.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Lukaris
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟493,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
think what made him never want to go back to Egypt was the police impounded his TV cameras and recording equipment worth 10-12K US $, in spite of him having all the press credentials and permits.

Thats weird. Kyrie eleison

Upvote 0