Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Mrs White held the office of prophet from the early days of the movement.
She would show up in places where she would declare happenings that were unknown to those townspeople, be it men with more than one family, embezzlers and others.
God would reveal things to her and the fear of God would be upon all those present.
The revelation would frequently be about things that only God knew.
Later in life she would reveal through her writings insight about scriptural events that remain unparalleled to this day.
Letters and articles were used to keep up with developments within the SDA, especially if these were deemed dangerous to the future of the movement.
Her correspondence reflected singleness of purpose and acute sense of vigilance for the well-being of those within the movement.

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟376,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mrs White held the office of prophet from the early days of the movement.
She would show up in places where she would declare happenings that were unknown to those townspeople, be it men with more than one family, embezzlers and others.
God would reveal things to her and the fear of God would be upon all those present.
The revelation would frequently be about things that only God knew.
Later in life she would reveal through her writings insight about scriptural events that remain unparalleled to this day.
Letters and articles were used to keep up with developments within the SDA, especially if these were deemed dangerous to the future of the movement.
Her correspondence reflected singleness of purpose and acute sense of vigilance for the well-being of those within the movement.
source & examples please?

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Oh yeah! I do know Mrs White's authenticity was tested in so many ways. One of these ways was when each time, she entered into a vision, her members would place candles close to her nose to check if she was breathing, then if the flame didn't go out or flicker, it would indeed mean she wasn't breathing and this also made Adventists believe she was a true prophet.

By progressive evangelical Adventists are we referring to a new movement within Adventism?

Ok! It looks like you still follow Mrs Ellen White's writings according to what you've posted there. So where exactly do you differ in opinion with Traditional Adventists?

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟376,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh yeah! I do know Mrs White's authenticity was tested in so many ways. One of these ways was when each time, she entered into a vision, her members would place candles close to her nose to check if she was breathing, then if the flame didn't go out or flicker, it would indeed mean she wasn't breathing and this also made Adventists believe she was a true prophet.

By progressive evangelical Adventists are we referring to a new movement within Adventism?

Ok! It looks like you still follow Mrs Ellen White's writings according to what you've posted there. So where exactly do you differ in opinion with Traditional Adventists?
Seventh day Evanglical Adventism has always existed in Adventism. it is the group that set out the doctrines. SEA is defined , by a born again experiance, personal relationship with Christ. The use of the scripture as the source of authority and the Biblical Theological Approach to Scripture. It does not endorse EGW as a prophet or use her as a source of authority. As such it come to different conclusion about some issue..

Examples of Seventh-day Evangelical Adventist and their Doctrinal contribution to SEA
1. Rachel Oakes - Sabbath. As a Seventh-day baptist she convinced the SDA church to accept the Sabbath
2. Joseph Bates - (Joseph Bates Voted out of Office)
a. Sabbath as a Seal. Wrote "Sabbath A perpetual Sign" connected the Sabbath to the Sanctuary.
b. Mark of the Beast"Seal of the Living God.

3. 1000 years on earth, Joseph Marsh, O. R. L. Crosier, and George Storrs[3] (Voted Out1851)

4. J.H. Waggoner. =The Law of God: An Examination of the Testimony of both Testaments. Corrected understanding of Law in Galatians and it's role in salvation. (Voted out in 1856 corrected in 1888)
5. James White - Daniel 11:40-45, Correctly identified the King of the North, as the Divine Right of Kings( Catholic Church/ State Alliance) vs.King of the South, as Atheism at the Time of the End. Correctly identified that the U.S. would become an ally of the Pope. Reagn and JP2 to bring Down Atheism, both in Russia & China. Russia & China are not named, but are identified by 2 distinct Major Powers of Atheists (Voted out in 1870's, adopted in 1994-5 by M.Finley)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟376,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I refer to various examples included in her writings that I have read over the last few years.
I hold all revelations to the written word, I also base myself on my own experiences as a former pentecostal.
care to share

Upvote 0

splish- splash

Team- Early Interventions
Dec 2, 2019
✟225,571.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Seventh day Evanglical Adventism has always existed in Adventism. it is the group that set out the doctrines. SEA is defined , by a born again experiance, personal relationship with Christ. The use of the scripture as the source of authority and the Biblical Theological Approach to Scripture. It does not endorse EGW as a prophet or use her as a source of authority. As such it come to different conclusion about some issue..

Examples of Seventh-day Evangelical Adventist and their Doctrinal contribution to SEA
1. Rachel Oakes - Sabbath. As a Seventh-day baptist she convinced the SDA church to accept the Sabbath
a. Sabbath as a Seal. Wrote "Sabbath A perpetual Sign" connected the Sabbath to the Sanctuary.

3. 1000 years on earth, Joseph Marsh, O. R. L. Crosier, and George Storrs[3] (Voted Out1851)

4. J.H. Waggoner. =The Law of God: An Examination of the Testimony of both Testaments. Corrected understanding of Law in Galatians and it's role in salvation. (Voted out in 1856 corrected in 1888)
5. James White - Daniel 11:40-45, Correctly identified the King of the North, as the Divine Right of Kings( Catholic Church/ State Alliance) vs.King of the South, as Atheism at the Time of the End. Correctly identified that the U.S. would become an ally of the Pope. Reagn and JP2 to bring Down Atheism, both in Russia & China. Russia & China are not named, but are identified by 2 distinct Major Powers of Atheists (Voted out in 1870's, adopted in 1994-5 by M.Finley)

Oh ok thanks.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

As a conservative SDA I believe no one can be saved outside of a living relationship with Jesus. You're also mistaken in some, if not all, of your other assertions.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟376,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟376,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
1, 2b, 3, 4, and 5 I'm well read. I have the writings of the SDA pioneers titled the APL (Adventist Pioneer Library).
How about you actually tell us what your issues are instead of having to pull them out of you. Ok you Have APL, so what. what does that mean? you can read? so can I. I have a degree in Theology from the an SDA college, have taken MA Classes from 4 different Seminaries and 2 different institutes. and have read nearly 45000 pages on this topic. so you want to compare reading ability or credentials OK.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟100,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How about you actually tell us what your issues are instead of having to pull them out of you. Ok you Have APL, so what. what does that mean? you can read? so can I. I have a degree in Theology from the an SDA college, have taken MA Classes from 4 different Seminaries and 2 different institutes. and have read nearly 45000 pages on this topic. so you want to compare reading ability or credentials OK.
I told you. You're wrong on everything I listed.

Upvote 0