Economic Benefits of Gay Marriages.

B

BigBadWlf

You still have yet to show how the Bible was used to try preventing these.

You still have yet to accept that loving gays while disapproving of their actions is NOT "prejudice and discrimination."
When a racists says he (or she) loves black people but disapproves of they way they act when they claim to be equal to whites…is that loving?
Am I prejudiced toward murderers? To those who steal? How about idolaters?
Again this same tactic is and has been used by racists for generation. A racist will compare a person of color to a criminal, substance abuser or as a sexual deviant in order to try to justify their own petty personal prejudices and hatreds.
Did I say I was? Have I indicated in any way that I am a racist?
no one said you were. However my question still stands
I wouldn't know. I don't teach hate. And I never said I would not protray gays as "inhuman." You continue in your misquotes.
if you are not teaching your children such things then what exactly are you “countering”?
You clearly have not done your research. George Takei, the actor who played Sulu, did not "come out" until 2005. Nobody before then knew he was gay. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9845944/
A good try, but not good enough. Care to try again, my friend?
are you aware that Mr. Takei is oriental?

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
When a racists says he (or she) loves black people but disapproves of they way they act when they claim to be equal to whites…is that loving?
Show me an example of this. Cite it.
Again this same tactic is and has been used by racists for generation. A racist will compare a person of color to a criminal, substance abuser or as a sexual deviant in order to try to justify their own petty personal prejudices and hatreds. no one said you were. However my question still stands[/color][/size][/font]
But I am not. So the question does not stand.
if you are not teaching your children such things then what exactly are you “countering”?
I would be teaching them what God has to say about homosexuality. I would tell them that it is sinful, but we are not to look down on these people, but to see them as sinners that can be reached by God. And my kids would be stiffly punished if they were to make fun of them or do anything mean to them, same as if they did something mean to a black person or something like that. Equal treatment and respect for all.

are you aware that Mr. Takei is oriental?

Really? I didn't know that. LOL

In all seriousness, if I lived in the 60s I would have supported having Uhura and Sulu on the show. There's no reason anybody should be denied anything because of their race. Just as I said there's no reason someone should be denied something because of sexual orientation. I have told you this over and over.

Now I ask you something. Is it discrimination to lock someone up for murder or shoplifting? That's basically taking away their rights as a citizen. Don't dodge this question.

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course not. I don't want the government in my bedroom any more than I want it in yours.

So you applauded for Lawrence v. Texas?

What I oppose is it being forced on us in the public, and in schools, and in media, etc.

There's nothing wrong with people being treated decently and that's all that's occurring there.

or kids being lied to being told that being gay is normal.

It is for gays.

It's acceptable in a secular society but it's clearly not "normal." It's a deviance from the natural order of things.

Social conformity is overrated. That sort of "normalcy" is not a desirable characteristic.

It's a result of a sinful world.

Hardly. Love comes. It has nothing whatsoever to do with "sin".

I oppose my kids having to go to school and endure gay education.

All that does is acknowledge reality.

I oppose a disproportunate number of sitcoms and tv shows having flaming gay characters on it and obscene gay (and heterosexual) sexual humor on it because the gay community forces their ideals on the rest of the world.

There's hardly that many. If anything it's disproportionate the other way. The rest is called reality. Kids are not served by insulating them from reality.

OF course, I know that this is constitutionally protected under free speech. It just makes my job harder as a parent to counter this oversaturation of gay ideals in society.

Just what are these "gay ideals" anyhow? Other than "love others" and "be true to yourself" there's nothing else there.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
[/color][/font][/i][/b]

So you applauded for Lawrence v. Texas?
I don't know anything about that case.

Hardly. Love comes. It has nothing whatsoever to do with "sin".
Tell me something. If you are a married woman, and you suddenly develop lustful thoughts toward another man who is not your husband, would you act on them? After all, "love comes, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with 'sin.'"

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
[/color][/font][/i][/b]

Just what are these "gay ideals" anyhow? Other than "love others" and "be true to yourself" there's nothing else there.
To a shoplifter: "Be true to yourself. Keep doing what you do, because it's who you are. It's ok. I love you anyway."

Wouldn't it be more loving to try to stop their erroneous ways and point them in the right direction?

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yet somehow those presenting recycled racism take offense when that fact is pointed out

In noting racism in history, it was clear that ruling classes in the old South played the poor whites against African-Americans and encouraged the Ku Klux Klan and related terrorism among poor whites while laughing about the Klan folks behind their backs. So it has been with the whipping up of antigay hysteria. Powerful conservatives like Ronald Reagan exploited antigay hysteria among the rubes, while sipping wine with their own beloved gay friends. In fact, Nancy Reagan's best friend is the wealthy gay TV Producer and former talk show host (and creator of Jeopardy!) Merv Griffin. Griffin is the very model of the Log Cabin Republican, powerful in his own right and economically plutocratic like his pals.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
In noting racism in history, it was clear that ruling classes in the old South played the poor whites against African-Americans and encouraged the Ku Klux Klan and related terrorism among poor whites while laughing about the Klan folks behind their backs. So it has been with the whipping up of antigay hysteria. Powerful conservatives like Ronald Reagan exploited antigay hysteria among the rubes, while sipping wine with their own beloved gay friends. In fact, Nancy Reagan's best friend is the wealthy gay TV Producer and former talk show host (and creator of Jeopardy!) Merv Griffin. Griffin is the very model of the Log Cabin Republican, powerful in his own right and economically plutocratic like his pals.
Hmm, can you back all this up with evidence, Texas Lynn? Sources?

Upvote 0

Texas Lynn

Dec 17, 2002
Brooklyn, NY
✟14,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

There is certainly documentation of the Merv Griffin-Nancy Reagan Will & Grace style relationship on just about any celebrity reference you'd care to check.

As to the intersection of conflict theory with the peculiar American political problems, anything by C. Wright Mills should suffice, not to mention Antonio Gramsci, Paolo Friere, Shulamith Firestone, et al.

Perhaps the best for laypeople of recent popular press works is What's the Matter with Kansas? by Thomas Frank.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican

There is certainly documentation of the Merv Griffin-Nancy Reagan Will & Grace style relationship on just about any celebrity reference you'd care to check.

As to the intersection of conflict theory with the peculiar American political problems, anything by C. Wright Mills should suffice, not to mention Antonio Gramsci, Paolo Friere, Shulamith Firestone, et al.

Perhaps the best for laypeople of recent popular press works is What's the Matter with Kansas? by Thomas Frank.
No, Texas Lynn, I'm asking YOU for citations. I don't have time to do hours of reading and research to substantiate YOUR claims. You made the claim, so YOU do the work please.

Upvote 0