Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just found out that my ELCA synod (Florida-Bahamas) is sending a mission to meet with the Bishop of the UECCLS in December. The goal is to strengthen ties with the ELCA and UECCLS, which is fantastic.

The United Evangelical Church en Cuba has 1500 members, 11 congregations in seven provinces, seven ordained pastors, a bishop and an auxiliary bishop, six ordained deacons and 15 preachers. It is growing and a good Lutheran church in Cuba, which is tough to start.

Cuba | The Lutheran World Federation

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟784,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are also Episcopalians.
There sure are, actually it is a pretty interesting story about them as well. They are part of the Episcopal Church USA again as of a few years ago.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟349,819.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
There sure are, actually it is a pretty interesting story about them as well. They are part of the Episcopal Church USA again as of a few years ago.
As of last year. And there are a few other Protestant denominations. IIRC they share a seminary. Cuba is more religiously diverse then a lot of people realize.

• Informative
Reactions: tampasteve
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟784,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thanks, I thought it was further back. Regardless, it was great to hear that the EC and Cuban church were able to work together again. Hopefully the agreement between the ELCA/FL-BS and the Lutherans in Cuba can bear fruit as well.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟784,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's a different situation since the Cuban church started as a diocese and was forced to become independent against it's will due to political circumstances. I'm curious to see what this does for links between the ELCA and the UECCLS.

Yes, I understand it is different. The UECCLS is not intending (that I am aware) of becoming a part of the ELCA, but simply to foster closer ties between the UECCLS and FLBS.

Upvote 0