London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

yes of interest in the OT, if you drink the blood, you are cut off forever, but in the NT you have to drink his blood or you have no life in you, understanding the life Jesus poured out on his cross was his soul, which the blood is symbolic of ...

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
yes of course ... thing is when i read your post the word "prepare" stuck out and it did not sit well so i asked you for the verse ... i also double checked and since its about labor which gathering is, although they were allowed to "prepare" ( not cook with fire ) their food on the Sabbath Exodus 12:16

apologies for straining out a gnat ;)
In my mind Baking is cooking v23 is cooking as in what they gathered they could bake,

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟108,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my mind Baking is cooking v23 is cooking as in what they gathered they could bake,
yes but before sunset ... and after they could prepare the cooked food on the sabbath ... you can see this in Exodus 15:5 which they prepared prior ... there being a difference from baking bread and slicing it up to make a sand wedge ...

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, duh. He's a Jew.
So was Peter, yet God said to him, "Rise, kill, eat, because your stubborn insistence is causing you to be unable to relate to people who aren't Jews" . The whole point was that physical representations don't matter. Your DNA, your country, your ethnicity, skin color, language, economic status, whatever; Jesus was saying none of that matters to God. The Israelites are a horrible example to use. They nigh constantly rebelled against God, to the point that he said he couldn't be around them for even a short time without wanting to destroy them.

When the Pharisees tried to argue with Jesus that they were the children of Abraham, he told them that if that were true, they'd have the faith of Abraham. It's not about the physical stuff. Besides, all those food rules were only meant to be health rules. If anyone has the idea that food rules are moral rules, that is all the more evidence of just how stubborn the Isralites were about understanding God. Eating pork was never a moral rule. God just wanted them to obey.

It was a bit like putting mana out for them which only lasted 1 day. God told them not to keep any mana over night because it would spoil. Mana was just magical food. He could have made it whatever he wanted. He could have made it eternal. Yet he made it so that it would spoil after only one day and told the Israelites to obey by not collecting more than a days worth. Yet, even that simple rule they would not obey.

If I tell you not to eat pork, don't eat pork. It's that simple. It could even be said that it is a shame to those people that they needed a law to tell them how to behave. See, the law is for the lawless, in much the same way we say that children need rules for their own good. They only needed the law because they refused to follow God. Seriously, check out the end to the exodus from Egypt. It would be like an orphan being bullied for years in school, only to find that on the last day in the cafeteria his real dad shows up in an attack helicopter! He zip-lines through a window into a rolling crouch, launching up into a flying, two-foot spear right into the jaw of one of the bullies. He takes out the other two bullies with some bone crunching moves and gives his son a reassuring squeeze on the shoulder. They walk out to the street where a butler is holding a pair of sunglasses for each of them and a lamborhini is waiting with doors open to drive off into the sunset.

Only, the kid doesn't get into the lambo with Dad. Instead, he kicks dad in the nuts, slams the sunglasses on the ground, and rushes back into the cafeteria, crying and begging the bullies to forgive him. There were nearly constantly doing this kind of stuff. They were so stubborn that it needed to be hammered in to them.

Remember, this was like, at least the 3rd time God was trying something like this. At least once with the angels, then with the people pre-flood, and now with the Children of Israel. He needed to crack the code for obedience. This is why the OT sounds so stiff and formal compared to the NT. God was trying the hard line, though even then, you can see the teachings of Jesus all throughout the old testament if only the people would have listened. He was there.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Kosher food

Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

So many Christians have taking this out of context meaning that food laws were changed by CHRIST.

Peter never ate any of the unclean food, and the whole meaning was don’t call any man unclean, had nothing to do with food.

Lev_20:25 Ye shall therefore put difference between clean beasts and unclean, and between unclean fowls and clean: and ye shall not make your souls abominable by beast, or by fowl, or by any manner of living thing that creepeth on the ground, which I have separated from you as unclean.

GOD created these bodies and knows what’s good for them. GOD does not say 1 thing 1 day and mean another the next. “The earth and heaven ages will pass but WORD will never pass”. What GOD says about the food laws still apply today, our bodies have not changed when food laws were installed. The crucifixion of CHRIST did not change the health laws. CHRIST said HE comes not changing 1 tittle of the laws but to fulfill them. The crucifixion changed the blood sacrifices for CHRIST was the fulfillment of all blood sacrifices, a one and only perfect blood sacrifice that could suffice and wash away sin.

1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Those that were created to be received
. GOD did not put scavengers on earth to be received for food to humans. They were created good for what they are here to do which is to clean up garbage from the earth. If you eat garbage you will get sick. If people keep eating scavengers that were put on the earth to clean up the earth; pollution will get worse and garbage will build up putting poisons in our environment.

What GOD put on the earth to be received (Kosher food) is still true today. GOD did not put unclean animals on the earth to be received as food; they will/have cause health issues till this day. The scavengers put on the earth to help clean the earth are still scavengers today. When people eat these scavengers they fight against the eco system GOD put forth, in essence you fight against the will of GOD. Then when people eat these unclean foods they wander why they always feel un-healthy. When they end up in surgery with body full of toxins and cluttered arteries because of what they ate.

When you eat unclean foods it is a sin to your health not necessarily a sin to death until your life has been shortened because of it. GOD has a task for everyone and when your life is cut short, you may not have done the task yet; your destiny cannot be fulfilled.

Peter’s vision had nothing to do with food but about Cornelius and his group (gentiles and considered unclean by Israelite's) that is approaching the gate. Peter at this time thought only Hebrews could be Holy to GOD.

So many confuse by this saying all food were made clean to eat but not so, Peter never did eat; those who eat the most unclean carnal flesh-swine- pull from this because they are not willing to stop eating them.

Act 10:17 Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

Act_10:28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

All creatures that GOD put on this earth are good for the purpose GOD intended them for. GOD has never created anything that was not good; they all have a distinct purpose from the crawling things to the flying creatures.

Rom 14:21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.
Never do anything where a new convert to Christianity might interpret things wrong and lose faith.
Example: if I am at a gathering and someone put a steak an the grill and says he sacrifices it to some idol. I know being mature in scripture that the steak is not defiled because there is only 1 true GOD and it does absolutely nothing to the kosher steak; but the new convert might be offended by it not knowing it does nothing to the steak and lose faith in you because he thinks you are worshiping the idol. You are not to eat, not taking any chance it might cause the new convert to lose faith. Another example would be say you had some statue in your home purely for decoration and invite a new convert over he may think you are idol worshiping when it means nothing to you. Christians who are mature in the WORD should never put stumbling blocks so that it cause a new convert to stumble.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

1490 BC food laws put into place. Lev 11; these laws are not arbitrary; food plays a chief part in health and sickness, defilement and abominable. Our bodies are the same as they were back in 1490 B.C. just as the unclean animals are still considered unclean today. There are reasons some climatic, some sanitary and as chosen people we are to refrain from what GOD declared unclean to separate us from heathen and gentile nations as a peculiar people. Most people have lost their identity not knowing who they are. GOD promised Abraham his seed would be as numerous as the stars, where are they? They were scattered because of their disobedience to GOD and doing the Assyrian captivity the so called 10 lost tribes went over the Caucuses mountains, called Caucasians and has been their identity ever sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1490 BC food laws put into place. Lev 11; these laws are not arbitrary; food plays a chief part in health and sickness, defilement and abominable. Our bodies are the same as they were back in 1490 B.C. just as the unclean animals are still considered unclean today. There are reasons some climatic, some sanitary and as chosen people we are to refrain from what GOD declared unclean to separate us from heathen and gentile nations as a peculiar people. Most people have lost their identity not knowing who they are. GOD promised Abraham his seed would be as numerous as the stars, where are they? They were scattered because of their disobedience to GOD and doing the Assyrian captivity the so called 10 lost tribes went over the Caucuses mountains, called Caucasians and has been their identity ever sense.
I am a gentile and believe every covenant or command God gave man, man failed and God made new less strict laws and commands and man failed them.
Then he sent Jesus whom God gave all power and he was the new Priest and He set new laws and commands.
Heb 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am a gentile and believe every covenant or command God gave man, man failed and God made new less strict laws and commands and man failed them.
Then he sent Jesus whom God gave all power and he was the new Priest and He set new laws and commands.
Heb 7:12
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
many member body -all-whom soever will come to Christ are heirs in the kingdom to come.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
many member body -all-whom soever will come to Christ are heirs in the kingdom to come.
We are all of the same body once we believe in Jesus as the Savior and once that happens we are neither jew nor gentile but fellow heirs in Christ under his rule as Matt 28:18 says. One must leave or forget the old law AND live under the LAW JESUS TAUGHTto be a fellow heir in Christ.

Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We are all of the same body once we believe in Jesus as the Savior and once that happens we are neither jew nor gentile but fellow heirs in Christ under his rule as Matt 28:18 says. One must leave or forget the old law AND live under the LAW JESUS TAUGHTto be a fellow heir in Christ.
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
CHRIST only abolished the blood sacrifice never changing 1 tittle of the law. All has not been fulfilled yet and want until 2nd Advent. Heb. 7 talked about sacrifices were offered up by priest that never really fully washed away mans sin; was talking about sacrifices that never fulfilled anything, CHRIST did with HIS blood, the only thing that could save man, a once and all pure sacrifice. The law was good it was the teacher of sin. It showed us what sin was and without it we would never know what sin was. Just as all those before the law didn't know. Sin in ignorance is no sin. The whole purpose of the blood sacrifice was for man to know that sin will cost. They were to bring the best of their flock to show them the cost of sin. When you have a $200.00 bullock gone for a sin you made, you do not want to keep losing such a prize. The cost of sin got expensive. JESUS paying ultimate price where all we have to do is repent, came at a heavy price. And the only way for salvation of whom so ever will.
Heb 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mat 5:17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
CHRIST only abolished the blood sacrifice never changing 1 tittle of the law. All has not been fulfilled yet and want until 2nd Advent. Heb. 7 talked about sacrifices were offered up by priest that never really fully washed away mans sin; was talking about sacrifices that never fulfilled anything, CHRIST did with HIS blood, the only thing that could save man, a once and all pure sacrifice. The law was good it was the teacher of sin. It showed us what sin was and without it we would never know what sin was. Just as all those before the law didn't know. Sin in ignorance is no sin. The whole purpose of the blood sacrifice was for man to know that sin will cost. They were to bring the best of their flock to show them the cost of sin. When you have a $200.00 bullock gone for a sin you made, you do not want to keep losing such a prize. The cost of sin got expensive. JESUS paying ultimate price where all we have to do is repent, came at a heavy price. And the only way for salvation of whom so ever will.
Heb 7:26 For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
Heb 7:27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself

One can choose to follow Christ or the Law.
If one chooses some Law to follow he will be judged UNDER the Law.
Everywhere in the New Testament the Law is mentioned it is talking about the whole law. As in if one chooses to go by the old Law he is choosing to go by ALL the whole law as per James 2:10. The New restament does not break the Law into Pieces that one can choose a piece to follow.

Two if one believe he needs all or part of the Law to be saved he has no real Faith in Jesus The Christ.
John 5
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Rom 3
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Gal 3
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.3:19
Heb 7
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
One must have full 100% belief and Faith in Christ without the Old Law to be saved. If one needs all or part of the Law to feel aved the are under the Law Not Grace and Faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I's2C

Aug 28, 2021
North Platte
✟35,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Everywhere in the New Testament the Law is mentioned it is talking about the whole law. As in if one chooses to go by the old Law he is choosing to go by ALL the whole law as per James 2:10. The New restament does not break the Law into Pieces that one can choose a piece to follow.

Two if one believe he needs all or part of the Law to be saved he has no real Faith in Jesus The Christ.
John 5
20 For the Father loveth the Son, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel.

21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

23 That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Rom 3
19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Gal 3
18 For if the inheritance be of the law, it is no more of promise: but God gave it to Abraham by promise.

19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.3:19
Heb 7
18 For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.

19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.
Heb 7
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
One must have full 100% belief and Faith in Christ without the Old Law to be saved. If one needs all or part of the Law to feel aved the are under the Law Not Grace and Faith.
Do you murder? do you steal? these are still laws in most any society and we still follow the laws. This nation was formed under British common law where they took from Biblical laws. We still follow the laws If we are Christian.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lanceleo

Apr 18, 2018
✟46,116.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

John 5

Rom 3

Gal 3

Heb 7

Heb 7
Choosing Christ does not mean we neglect the law. Christ did not come to abolish it but to fulfill it so he could be our substitute. To accept Christ and to continue to live like our old self, having no regards for the law is a big no no. In fact Christ has raised the standard of the law so high that the old law seems to become a new one.

Reactions: I's2C
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟333,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In another thread, Yeshuaslavejeff wrote this...

It didn't belong in the thread about Christians having tattoos so I thought I would start a new thread about this topic.

I totally disagree with the above quote which is full of errors and in opposition to the New Covenant. Keeping kosher is a rabbinical construct that has no basis in scripture.

Actually this statement is full of errors. God is not a Rabbi. HE Inspired the Holy Scriptures. There would be no instruction either way, regarding what to eat and what to drink, unless God had made the distinction. This is simply undeniable Biblical Fact.

Even the Jesus "of the Bible" tells us.

Matt. 6: 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

Yes, the "NEW Man", "which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." at least according to Paul, needs to know these things.

And of course he does, he has never been "this new man before". He has always lived as he pleased, ate what he pleased, drank as he pleased.

And God knows this, at least according to the Jesus of the Bible. So how does the Jesus "of the Bible" teach men to proceed? Do I ask the Pope what I shall eat and drink? Maybe Kenneth Copeland, or Russell Smith can enlighten me. Or maybe I should place my faith in you Pescador, and abide in your instruction?

Or maybe I should humble myself to the instructions of the Christ "of the Bible" who died for me. Personally, no offence intended to you, I opt for the latter choice. And if I do this, what is HIS Instruction for me?

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

And if I do what my Savior instructs me to do, what will I find that I should eat, that HIS Father knows I have a need to know? Will the God and Father of the Lord's Christ provide for me His Instruction on the "difference between the unclean and the clean, and between the beast that may be eaten and the beast that may not be eaten."?

But what if the Pope tells me to reject the Words of the Christ, and His Father? Shall I turn away from God, and adopt the Popes religion? What if you tell me to reject the Christ "of the Bibles" instructions, and join myself to your religion, which doesn't believe in this God or His definition of what to eat, and what not to eat?

Well, I would be a fool to trust your words over God's and His Son, and eat that which God clearly forbids me to eat, Yes?

Would God not come to me in "that day" and ask.

And the LORD God said unto Studyman, What is this that thou hast done? And what would I say? And Studyman said, Pescador beguiled me, and I did eat.

No, I have learned my lesson about "hearing the sayings of Christ" but not "doing them".

You are free to do as you please. But I prefer to let God define for me what it means to be Holy, even as HE is Holy.

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟333,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
To begin with, what food did Abraham serve to the angels that visited his tent? A kid cooked in its mother's milk. There is no greater violation of the kosher law than this, yet the father of believers by faith served this to God's appointees!

Let's see if what you are preaching, is according to what is actually written.

Gen. 18: 6 And Abraham hastened into the tent unto Sarah, and said, Make ready quickly three measures of fine meal, knead it, and make cakes upon the hearth. (Good with butter and a glass of milk) 7 And Abraham ran unto the herd, and fetcht a calf tender and good, and gave it unto a young man; and he hasted to dress it.

8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, "and set it before them"; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.

This is why Jesus said to "Take HEED" I am not deceived by the "MANY" who come in Christ's Name. If I had just taken your word for it, I would believe Abraham killed a goat, and cooked it in its mother's milk.

But when I actually read what Abraham did, this didn't happen at all. You completely altered and twisted God's Actual Word, into something that never even happened.

What spirit would prompt you to do such a deceptive thing?

So think about this. So far, you have advised me to reject the Instructions of the Christ, refuse to allow His Father to define Holiness for me, and now you are making up complete falsehoods about Abraham's treatment of the Christ, and His Angels when they came to him.

And all because you want to eat what God instructed His people not to eat?

Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟333,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In the New Covenant there are no unclean foods and to say that Jesus ate only kosher food is total and absolute nonsense. To prohibit the eating of any food is to put that act under the Law and believers have been set free entirely from that law. Believers are free to eat and drink whatever they want with no restrictions. In Matthew 15:11 Jesus said "What goes into someone's mouth does not defile them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is what defiles them."

So you are preaching again here. So in obedience to the Christ "of the Bible", lets take a look at what Jesus actually says in Matt. 15:

Matt. 15: 1 Then came to Jesus scribes and Pharisees, which were of Jerusalem, saying, 2 Why do thy disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? for they wash not their hands when they eat bread.

OK, so the Disciples weren't stealing, or eating maggots or swine's flesh, which would be transgressing God's Commandments. They were not doing anything that "Transgress God's Commandments". They were "transgressing Jewish tradition", as there was no Law of God requiring a common man to wash his hands in a certain way, before eating bread.

So what did Jesus say?

17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught? 18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: 20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands "defileth not a man".

Jesus already told us what to do, regarding what to eat. How did HE feel about Swine?

Matt. 7: 6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

Disobedience, lies, false witness (Like preaching to others Abraham cooked a goat in it's mothers milk) dishonor, disrespect towards God, these things come from within the man.

It's not the naked girl next door that defiles a man, it's His Lust for her, that comes from the heart, that defiles a man. It's not the maggot, or slug or swine's flesh that defiles a man. It's the Lust from the heart to eat them, even though God forbids the behavior, that defiles a man. But to eat with unwashed hands, as Acts 15 is addressing, there is no commandment from God against such action.

All of Matthew 15 is about Jesus explaining why the legalists of his time, the Pharisees, were wrong about God's instructions about people's behavior.
The Pharisees depended upon scrupulously keeping the Law, including Old Testament dietary laws (and the ones they added) yet their legalism caused them to misunderstand God and to miss the Savior when he was right in front of them.

Again, lets post the Scriptures and see if what you are preaching aligns with the Spirit of Christ.

They were not "Legalist" in that they adhere to God's Laws, perhaps in their adherence to their own religion, but not God's Laws. Once again, you are promoting falsehoods. Here is what the Jesus "of the Bible" actually said about the Pharisees.

Matt. 15: 3 But he answered and said unto them, Why do ye also transgress the commandment of God by your tradition?

How is this "Legalism"?

Matt. 15: 7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

So the Pharisees were disobedient to God's Laws. They "Rejected" God's Laws. Moses gave them the Law, yet none of the kept the Law. Had they believe Moses, Jesus said they would have believed Him.

Compare the Pharisees to Zacharas, Simeon of Luke 1&2.

Luke 1: 5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

And Simeon,

Luke 2: 25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

In both cases, these men, who you would deem "Legalist's" and would condemn, knew the Christ when HE came. While the children of the devil, that you preach to the world were totally dependent on God's Law, didn't know the Christ when HE came.

Perhaps you should back up a little and come clean as to your source of information. It clearly isn't the Scriptures.

Believers who put themselves under the law as they (mis)understand it are no different. Justification by works is a denial of grace and God's finished work in Christ. We are no longer under the Law. We have been set free in Christ to live by the Spirit

There is only ONE spirit that promotes disobedience to God.

Upvote 0

Akjv

Feb 11, 2023
Lexington
✟20,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you murder? do you steal? these are still laws in most any society and we still follow the laws. This nation was formed under British common law where they took from Biblical laws. We still follow the laws If we are Christian.
I follow what Jesus taught while on earth and what his disciples taught. Neither said follow the old law. and neither sad to murder or steel or fornicate.
See Matt 22, Rom 13, Matt 19, Mark 10, Luke 10. John 13, John 15, Rom3, Colos 2, Mark 1 to see what they taught it was not follow the old law.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.