Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is moving toward reclassifying marijuana as a less dangerous drug, according to recent reporting from the Associated Press.

The proposal, if approved, would reclassify marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) away from the top “Schedule I” — reserved for dangerous drugs with no accepted medical use and a high abuse potential — into the lower “Schedule III,” where it would join controlled substances such as ketamine and anabolic steriods.

Schedule III drugs are subject to various rules that allow for some medical uses but still provide for federal criminal prosecution of anyone who traffics in the drugs without permission, the AP reported.

Marijuana usage remains a controversial topic among many people of faith, including Catholics. Here’s what you need to know.

What could change?​

Continued below.

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟71,242.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What every Catholic should know:

There's money in them thar plants. Lots and lots of it. And it's going to be all legal money.

All seriousness: not much of a cannabis consumer myself (my drugs of choice are all mood lowering in nature - not sedative hypnotic) but there is going to be a lot of jobs in the industry, many part time and they will all likely pay better then Uber and Door Dash.

(Not a user but I am a Capitalist pig)

Do some work on your favorite search engine.

Look, I pulled many a paycheck working with liquor and alcohol isn't any worse that THC. Get out there an make a couple of bucks for yourself.

This IS America after all

(Cosmic Charlie is not a paid spokesperson for the Cannabis Industry)

Upvote 0