USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if you look at through our eyes and our feelings then yeah God "hated" Esau but God is not a man nor does He think like man. This was about His people who would rule so to speak over them down the road. God still loved blessed Esau's decedents.

Reactions: seeker1999-
Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have been wondering if Esau’s conscience was seared (burnt beyond a crisp, unable to feel any guilt) because I heard He did evil stuff pretty much all of his life. My conscience isn’t burnt beyond a crisp because I still have guilt.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

Emun

Aug 31, 2022
BW
✟23,341.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am having doubts about this. Here is an article. Did God Hate Esau?
Read this article.
Do you believe in the Bible as the unadulterated Word of God and absolute truth? If yes, then God cannot hate you. God hates only unbelievers, it is as simple as that. God hated Esau because he was an unbeliever.

Upvote 0

mmarco

Aug 7, 2019
Roma
✟54,312.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Read this article.
God loves all men and He created all men out of love because "God is love" (1 John 4:8 , 4:16).
When interpreting an ancient text, one must take into account that certain expressions had a different meaning in that culture than in our culture. Furthermore, ancient Hebrew was a language very poor in terms and nuances. The meaning of that verse is that God loved Esau less than Jacob.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been wondering if Esau’s conscience was seared (burnt beyond a crisp, unable to feel any guilt) because I heard He did evil stuff pretty much all of his life. My conscience isn’t burnt beyond a crisp because I still have guilt.
couldn't be burnt beyond a 'crisp' as you've put it unless you've been Born Again of the Spirit which Doesn't Happen Until You've accepted the LORD Jesus Christ as your Savior and Become a Child of God.

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My nickname is Mac by the way. In late 2016 early 2017 I emailed to people of God. I emailed them back and forth a lot and they probably blocked me. I am worried that I might be a Jeremiah 7:16. Their YouTube channel is Witness and Testimony. You will see their contact info in about section of their channel.

Lost Witness
Lost Witness
Nice to meet you Btw, Mac.
Just want you to know,
The LORD Loves you.
More than you will ever know and he wants to give you every desire of your heart and eternal life.
Need only to answer the Door :oldthumbsup:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My nickname is Mac by the way. In late 2016 early 2017 I emailed to people of God. I emailed them back and forth a lot and they probably blocked me. I am worried that I might be a Jeremiah 7:16. Their YouTube channel is Witness and Testimony. You will see their contact info in about section of their channel.
Listen, The LORDS Calling You.
there is no coincidences when it comes to the LORD,
Either you answer the Door and accept him or you don't
The Only thing I can tell you is that the LORD will not reject you,
the Only thing that could prevent you from being forgiven by the LORD,
You haven't Committed.
Again, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟156,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hmm, well said Mac Jacob

Upvote 0

seeker1999-

Feb 5, 2023
Kentucky
✟31,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Listen, The LORDS Calling You.
there is no coincidences when it comes to the LORD,
Either you answer the Door and accept him or you don't
The Only thing I can tell you is that the LORD will not reject you,
the Only thing that could prevent you from being forgiven by the LORD,
You haven't Committed.
Again, "Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me." Revelation 3:20
Amen I also found a gospel tract 2 times at my job. One in 2021 and another last year.

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Think of everything Jesus did in the bible and think of you as his next step.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟264,865.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read this article.

Do you love apples?
People said that they love apples with the perspective that we are not talking about rotten apples. We love apples only up to the point when they turned rotten. Similarly and under normal circumstances, God loves humans till to the point when they are 'rotten', that is, when they turned fully wicked and no longer savable, even when God has the foreknowledge that how the wicked will end up with.

An analogy is, when Hitler was 3 years old he may be adorable and everyone loves him. So you may love him the same even though you knew before hand that he one day may turn into a monster.

Esau is rather a special case. He is the first born son of Isaac. He is supposed to be the one who takes care of Israel as the inheritance not only from Isaac but also from God. This is crucial to God's redemption of humans at the end, that is through Israel till the point of Jesus' first coming. However, Esau is not the type of person who cares about inheritance from Isaac and ultimately from God. God cares about Israel as it is crucial to God's plan of the redemption of human beings. His foreknowledge however says that Esau won't do the job. That's why the saying that Esau God hated but Jacob God loved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Do you love apples?
People said that they love apples with the perspective that we are not talking about rotten apples. We love apples only up to the point when they turned rotten. Similarly and under normal circumstances, God loves humans till to the point when they are 'rotten', that is, when they turned fully wicked and no longer savable, even when God has the foreknowledge that how the wicked will end up with.

An analogy is, when Hitler was 3 years old he may be adorable and everyone loves him. So you may love him the same even though you knew before hand that he one day may turn into a monster.

Esau is rather a special case. He is the first born son of Isaac. He is supposed to be the one who takes care of Israel as the inheritance not only from Isaac but also from God. This is crucial to God's redemption of humans at the end, that is through Israel till the point of Jesus' first coming. However, Esau is not the type of person who cares about inheritance from Isaac and ultimately from God. God cares about Israel as it is crucial to God's plan of the redemption of human beings. His foreknowledge however says that Esau won't do the job. That's why the saying that Esau God hated but Jacob God loved.
God loves broken things. God is close to the broken hearted.
"there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."
Luke 15:7
There's no point when a person becomes unsavable. The only thing that makes them unsavable is if they willingly fail to see themselves as a sinner and do not ask for forgiveness. Going your whole life without asking forgiveness is the only unforgivable sin...

Upvote 0

Wyatt A.

Apr 23, 2022
Baywood-Los Osos
✟31,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Single
Read this article.
God loves broken things. God is close to the broken hearted.
"there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance."
Luke 15:7
There's no point when a person becomes unsavable. The only thing that makes them unsavable is if they willingly fail to see themselves as a sinner and do not ask for forgiveness. Going your whole life without asking forgiveness is the only unforgivable sin...

Upvote 0