Dover
✟35,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's understandable. You have to guard your heart.
It's not my natural tendency to be guarded. I trust easily, and I often think the best of people. It's taken many instances of being kicked in the gut in order for me to become more guarded. It shouldn't have to be so. It's a sad world we live in sometimes. I am not without hope or willingness to let men in, but God knows, a heart can only take so many wounds. At some point, you just have to shut the door for a while.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟213,119.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
But if you reasonably expect to see her again, see if she sticks close to you and chats with you like before! That'd be a good sign. :)
That was part of my thinking. While I did get the sense that she might have been receptive, it's also possible she was just being friendly, so waiting until I see her again does give another opportunity to assess things.

And I do think there's a good chance I will see her again. This was the first time I'd met her, but she had been on a previous hike with the group and she did appear interested in future ones as well. But if I don't see her again, then like I said, I'm OK with that.
(honestly, ask for my email address, not my phone number, I don't like talking on the phone lol).
I don't like talking on the phone either, but round here nobody really talks on the phone anymore unless there's an urgent need to get hold of someone. It's all done through WhatsApp, which suits me perfectly. :)

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not a lot of people posting their crushes anymore! Get busy people! We're getting to the most romantic time of the year!

Just some older celebs that were hot when they were young.

Except Matt LeBlanc. I prefer his silver hair and "dad bod".

ml-mwap.png

• Haha
Reactions: Saucy
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did anyone's crush turn into something more in 2023?

Myself, nothing to report. Life has been different since 2023 that it doesn't occupy as much of my brain as before. I don't know wether to be sad or happy because maybe my attractions could be changing for the better.

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,018,788.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Myself, nothing to report. Life has been different since 2023 that it doesn't occupy as much of my brain as before. I don't know wether to be sad or happy because maybe my attractions could be changing for the better.

It could just be that relationships just aren't a priority right now, and that's perfectly okay. Just focus on the rest of your life right now.

• Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mandolin Wood

Jan 2, 2024
Kansas City
✟4,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You’re a bit late for Christmas cheer.
I was just saying that crushes are futile because it's usually one way unless both people are very shy. If there's an attraction for someone it is usually reciprocated by the other person at some point. Then if both say they had crushes on one another its understandable. Wasn't trying to dull anybody s Christmas cheer. Apologies in order if I have.

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was just saying that crushes are futile because it's usually one way unless both people are very shy. If there's an attraction for someone it is usually reciprocated by the other person at some point. Then if both say they had crushes on one another its understandable. Wasn't trying to dull anybody s Christmas cheer. Apologies in order if I have.
Can be but you never know. I had a crush and the other guy did too. We worked together for a winter and everyone knew. I became friends with a girl that knew him. After we were done for the winter, mid Feb I always wondered but it wasn't till in the middle of the summer (2014) I received a call from the girl desperate for help. He had been shot in the face by a teenager that broke into his house. Very traumatic. I still hehawed around as he said when we talked by phone, I was about to give up. We ended up getting together and becoming a couple, he said I saved his life because he didn't think he had anything to live for. I had to end it within 2 months because his alcohol abuse was really bad.

We wrote letters for another 6 months, but I knew he wasn't going to get better by me sticking around. Unfortunately 2 years later he passed because of it. Do I think it was futile, maybe. But I will never regret it. It was my first step towards a relationship in 20 years. That's probably the last time I had a crush in the sense of daydreaming but never communicating. I've grown since then and learned to speak out a little more.

More than anything I think this thread is a way to keep things light and fun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,018,788.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I did have a crush on a co-worker. Thank God I never see them anymore.

It's probably for the best. That had to have made work awkward.

Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,018,788.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I think I am at the point where I can say I have a little crush. Nothing serious, but crushes really aren’t. Just enough that my mind wanders there sometimes and I get a little buzz when he texts :blush1:

I hope it all works out for you. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's probably for the best. That had to have made work awkward.

It was a little awkward when I developed a crush on a guy I worked with years ago. I don't think he knew I liked him, but sometimes when I'd try to talk to him, I would stutter out of nervousness. :flushed:

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟75,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

No.

There was a guy I liked. He was funny, he was politically incorrect; he appeared to be pro free speech. I had been hoping to be at least friends with him but that never happened. I got turned off by things he had done and I have been suspicious for quite some time that he's decided to compromise that attractive pro free speech he had just so he can make more money.

Upvote 0