✟106,407.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Do you feed wild songbirds in winter?

Cold weather and lots of snow can be very tough on birds. But you can help your feathered friends by following these winter bird feeding tips.

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Winter and summer too! We have a number of feeders and I put out homemade suet. Not sure what you consider songbirds. Right now we have blue jays, robins, various sparrows, house finches, doves, grackles, starlings, juncos, cardinals, wrens. The American goldfinches and the pine siskins finally appeared over the last few days, we only get them for a few months when they come to take advantage of our warmer winter weather. I love photographing all of them.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I used to feed the birds year round and always had suet for the woodpeckers. I loved watching the juncos when it was snowing. My neighbor had a small tree with fruit that attracted flocks of cedar waxwings, but he chopped it down. :(

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟67,253.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Juncos are so cute. They never stop moving.

I heard the sounds of the cedar waxwing flocks several times this winter, but only saw a couple. We used to have large red-tip photinias that they ate the berries from, but all but a couple have died and the two that are left don't look too good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums