Visit site
✟7,179.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know if the rest of you face this on almost a daily basis, but do you ever grow weary of defending your beliefs to friends, family, and strangers. I'm almost to the point where I want to avoid certain people in my life because of their constant need to make me defend what I believe. I'm getting tired of it, but am still trying to speak with love to them.

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My parents tease a little and wonder a bit...
DH's grandma is the worst. She grew up in a family of 14 (I think) and hated it. Whenever DH says anything about having another, she jumps in with how hard it is with a large family, and how expensive children are, etc. I wonder which of her siblings she'd rather be without? It bothers us because in a lot of things she is on the same page as us (full-gospel).

We usually just try to brush off the comments with humor. It may be easier for us because we don't live near our families.

Upvote 0

Jehane

Jul 15, 2006
✟9,200.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I think it helps not living near when families aren't supportive. Mine used to complain we didn't visit & then when we did ,complain how many of us there were. True, we come larger sized but my parents say they love all their grandkids so I don't know who we should have left behind. Now my dad's dead & my older boys rarely visit my mum, although they do so regularly, just not as much as she would now like.

Upvote 0