• I only eat the ️ desert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only if i like everything on it

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I try

• I try if a good cook made it.

• Yes, there's starving children in the world.

• I only eat the dessert.

• Total voters

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I believe in moderation which begins with portion control. That isn't a problem at home but dining out is another matter. There's usually enough for two or more. In those instances I visualize the portion I plan eat and take the remainder home.

~bella

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like your mother told you too?
Goodness no. I eat but stop when my stomach tells me to stop. Portions are ridiculous anymore. I often get complaints I do not eat enough but that’s common with a grazer. I do not like feeling famished or overstuffed. Misery in both cases.

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟391,383.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Our step mother would fill our plates full of food, a serving sized for an adult male with a large appetite, and we would be expected to clean our plates. This carried forward into my own adult life, where I would over eat out of habit. It wasn't until recent years that I got a handle on it and started eating normal portions. So to answer the question, I practice portion control, which means I always have an appropriate portion, and I always clean my plate.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When my oldest was in his early teens, he used to ask his sibs "Are you gonna lick that plate?"
The poll reminded me of that.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When my oldest was in his early teens, he used to ask his sibs "Are you gonna lick that plate?"
The poll reminded me of that.
Did he ever lick it for him, lol?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,174,621.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

My father told me not to waste food. Out of respect for those in poverty.

As someone who is too lazy to put in the effort of making my food ready to be leftovers I do find myself feeling guilty if I throw any food away. So yeah.. I tend to finish my plate.

Probably an irrational feeling, but I respect the sentiment behind it.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I have an absolutely terrible, terrible relationship with food but I don't think what I do at dinner is my problem at all. I clean my plate though my portions are, realistically, a bit big.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I work on a lifestyle that involves eating one meal a day and fasting the rest. I do eat dinner and snack in the evening, but other than that, I do not eat breakfast or lunch. This, together with a Keto diet, will cause the weight to fall off you. When in full swing, I lost up to a pound a day. Cleaning the plate is easy when you eat like this. Also, staying hungry affects your energy and mental outlook. I for one just seem to be more alert and less "sluggish." I think this tunes in with:

Luke 21:34 Murdock
34 Take heed to yourselves, that your hearts be, at no time, stupefied by gluttony and ebriety and worldly care; and so that day come upon you unawares.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have an absolutely terrible, terrible relationship with food but I don't think what I do at dinner is my problem at all. I clean my plate though my portions are, realistically, a bit big.
:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,027.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I work on a lifestyle that involves eating one meal a day and fasting the rest. I do eat dinner and snack in the evening, but other than that, I do not eat breakfast or lunch. This, together with a Keto diet, will cause the weight to fall off you. When in full swing, I lost up to a pound a day. Cleaning the plate is easy when you eat like this. Also, staying hungry affects your energy and mental outlook. I for one just seem to be more alert and less "sluggish." I think this tunes in with:

34 Take heed to yourselves, that your hearts be, at no time, stupefied by gluttony and ebriety and worldly care; and so that day come upon you unawares.
I have done some diets before. Atkins was incredibly successful (70lbs in just under 2months...no idea how). But I've since developed some SIGNIFICANT thyroid problems and some really terrible behaviours I'm having trouble breaking (though I think there are some psychological issues tied in here somehow)

I've thought about doing fasting but I don't think down to 1 meal would work for me. I have had days where I have a small breakfast and eat no lunch. I do not find that I am more mentally aware; I find I tend to get hangry and unpleasant toward my students; and me being in complete control of my emotions is VERY important with the students I work with.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,763,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Healthy grazing is your best bet. 1 meal a day tends to mess with your metabolism. It goes into feast for famine mode. Not a good thing. Keeping the metabolism in a stable working mode is the goal according to most doctors.

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I pretty much eat like you. It works for me as I'm usually not hungry til late or i snack if i am.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟364,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have done some diets before. Atkins was incredibly successful (70lbs in just under 2months...no idea how). But I've since developed some SIGNIFICANT thyroid problems and some really terrible behaviours I'm having trouble breaking (though I think there are some psychological issues tied in here somehow)

I've thought about doing fasting but I don't think down to 1 meal would work for me. I have had days where I have a small breakfast and eat no lunch. I do not find that I am more mentally aware; I find I tend to get hangry and unpleasant toward my students; and me being in complete control of my emotions is VERY important with the students I work with.
That 70 lb sounds dangerous but thyroid can do that. I hope you see an endocrinologist sp Regularly, it can mess with everything in your body.
God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟12,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My mother never told me to. She didn't hover, and didn't advise me on much of anything. I had to figure things out on my own. From age 6 I made my own breakfast in the morning (toasting bread in the oven and warming cocoa on the stove) and making my lunch at noon. So at dinner that she fixed, I chose what I ate, as much as I thought I could eat but many times didn't eat it all. I think using a big plate for me was the problem, mom didn't use the smaller ones. But when I left home I discovered that it's more natural to have smaller portions on smaller plates.

Upvote 0