Do We Christians Stand Out In The Way We Dress???

Status
Not open for further replies.

oagh

Aug 29, 2015
✟7,641.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In the past months I've been battling with the thought that Christians and the church have went astray from the modest dressing the early church practiced. I feel like we have comformed to the world in this espect. There is a great lack of humility in the way we dress, men and women. We seem not to stand out like other religions in this instense like Jews and muslims even though we are called to in the OT and NT. The way we dress is suppose to reflect our beliefs and our longings for christ. Do you see God in the way we dress??? I would like to know everyone's(believers and non believers) thoughts on this. [Please no arguing. I just want this to help me grow stronger in my faith and bring this topic to light for others]

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟24,382.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Low-cut dresses caused a problem for my pastor and he addressed the issue in his sermon, advising women that it was causing embarrassment for the men. Other than that, I think it's fine for women to wear shorts on a hot day. Men should dress modestly too. Just because the world created a mankini, it doesn't that all men must wear them. Speedos on the beach is sufficient enough.

I think the overwhelming majority of regular churchgoers know what is appropriate attire and those who wear inappropriate attire are doing so to attract attention and cause trouble in church.

Upvote 0

oagh

Aug 29, 2015
✟7,641.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Low-cut dresses caused a problem for my pastor and he addressed the issue in his sermon, advising women that it was causing embarrassment for the men. Other than that, I think it's fine for women to wear shorts on a hot day. Men should dress modestly too. Just because the world created a mankini, it doesn't that all men must wear them. Speedos on the beach is sufficient enough.

I think the overwhelming majority of regular churchgoers know what is appropriate attire and those who wear inappropriate attire are doing so to attract attention and cause trouble in church.
I agree that they are seeking attention but I dont believe they are TRYING to cause trouble. I just think they believe what they are doing is justified. A christian actress wore a very revealing dress to an award show that basically showed all of her breast except nipple and she got a lot of flack for it. Her response was that its nothing wrong for Christian women being sexy and that God wants us to show off our body. Im sorry but that dress dissent give God glory it gives the body glory.
BODXrx8CEAEqzWK.jpg
o-MEAGAN-GOOD-CLEAVAGE-570.jpg
BODXrx8CEAEqzWK.jpg
o-MEAGAN-GOOD-CLEAVAGE-570.jpg

Upvote 0

Truly1999

Jan 23, 2013
England
✟24,382.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I agree that they are seeking attention but I dont believe they are TRYING to cause trouble. I just think they believe what they are doing is justified. A christian actress wore a very revealing dress to an award show that basically showed all of her breast except nipple and she got a lot of flack for it. Her response was that its nothing wrong for Christian women being sexy and that God wants us to show off our body. Im sorry but that dress dissent give God glory it gives the body glory.View attachment 162616 View attachment 162617 View attachment 162616 View attachment 162617
Was she paid by the designer to wear the dress. I have to say that with a dress like that, this woman knew exactly the controversy it would cause and that she was stubborn and arrogant. Only her husband should see her like that in the privacy of their own home. Even a bikini doesn't reveal so much.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.