Not open for further replies.

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
I would like to open up discussion on Divine Protection. I realize there are many differing views on the subject and request for those who believe that God allows/causes bad things to happen to His Children to refrain from participating in this thread. Unless of course youhave a sincere question.

I also request that when the question is answered according to what we understand the Bible to say, that if you find the answer upsetting, that you simply excuse yourself and allow us to continue discussing the issue without a battle.

We do not, as a whole, believe our faith is greater than anyone else's. We do not, as a whole, believe we are better Christians than anyone else.

We do believe, as a whole that God is good and Satan is bad.

Satan is the root of all evil. When we turn our faces toward God, He will use the bad of Satan and reform it to good.

Bad things happen to Christians because Satan is a murderor, a thief, and a lier. But God, is a loving, giving, and good Father and He shows us in the Bible how to block the arrows of our enemy and how to defeat him and force him to give back what he's taken away.

The Bible shows us how to be the victor instead of the victom. That is what I would like to discuss.

How do we stop being the victom of our enemy Satan?

LeeS

aka SpiritPsalmist
Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟1,025.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Psalm 91
1 HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].
2 I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust!
3 For [then] He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence.
4 [Then] He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings shall you trust and find refuge; His truth and His faithfulness are a shield and a buckler.
5 You shall not be afraid of the terror of the night, nor of the arrow (the evil plots and slanders of the wicked) that flies by day,
6 Nor of the pestilence that stalks in darkness, nor of the destruction and sudden death that surprise and lay waste at noonday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand, but it shall not come near you.
8 Only a spectator shall you be [yourself inaccessible in the secret place of the Most High] as you witness the reward of the wicked.
9 Because you have made the Lord your refuge, and the Most High your dwelling place,(1)
10 There shall no evil befall you, nor any plague or calamity come near your tent.
11 For He will give His angels [especial] charge over you to accompany and defend and preserve you in all your ways [of obedience and service].
12 They shall bear you up on their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13 You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the serpent shall you trample underfoot.
14 Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore will I deliver him; I will set him on high, because he knows and understands My name [has a personal knowledge of My mercy, love, and kindness--trusts and relies on Me, knowing I will never forsake him, no, never].
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him My salvation.

Upvote 0

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Praise God for Psalms 91! I memorised it becos of the SARS crisis in Singapore. It says:

• Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the deadly pestilence.

• You shall not be afraid of ... the pestilence that stalks in darkness,

• No evil shall befall you, nor any plague come near your dwelling.

Now the condition is that one "dwells in the secret place of the Most High".

The question naturally arises: "What does it mean to dwell in the secret place of the Most High?"

How does one get there and stay there to stay in divine protection?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.