Disasters Are Upon Us—What Is God’s Intention?

Wendy Soo

God saved me.
Oct 1, 2023
Victoria (name)
✟9,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
In recent times, disasters such as earthquakes, floods, swarms of locusts, fires, epidemics, and famines have continued to spread, and the scope of this spread has grown wider and wider. Of particular note is the novel coronavirus, a pestilence that has now made its way into every country on earth with many people dying as a result. When we see such disasters occurring so frequently, we become consumed with fear and feel at a loss, and all we can do is constantly call on the Lord for protection. Could the reason God allows disasters to happen simply be because He wishes for us to call on Him and ask Him for His protection? Just what is God’s intention? How can we obtain God’s protection when disasters strike?

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟95,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In recent times, disasters such as earthquakes, floods, swarms of locusts, fires, epidemics, and famines have continued to spread, and the scope of this spread has grown wider and wider. Of particular note is the novel coronavirus, a pestilence that has now made its way into every country on earth with many people dying as a result. When we see such disasters occurring so frequently, we become consumed with fear and feel at a loss, and all we can do is constantly call on the Lord for protection. Could the reason God allows disasters to happen simply be because He wishes for us to call on Him and ask Him for His protection? Just what is God’s intention? How can we obtain God’s protection when disasters strike?
God is leading us to repentance. He is showing us to rely on Him and only Him.
It is through disasters people often come to Jesus. I for example, started to lose health in summer 2018, I was suddenly almost deaf in my right ear had tinnitus, would randomly lose balance and smash my head etc. I couldn't eat, or sleep, I had one sandwich maybe, struggled to sleep more than an hour, doctors didn't know what was wrong, I was in constant fear shaking that I am going to die. I realised all my life was worthless. Mo education didn't matter, my job didn't matter, my wealth, nothing, all was worthless, there was no help, I was going to die, and I almost did. Then one night when I had a massive anxiety attack, when I saw there was no hope, God spoke to me and everything went away faster than I could blink.

God put me through this for me to realise I need a Saviour. Later I was diagnosed a 4 cm brain tumour pressing on half my brain. Doctors removed it, but I lost my hearing in my right ear, have tinnitus, half my face is paralysed, I had problems walking etc. But I do not care, because I know my Saviour and I am thankful what God put me through.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟95,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been like this since time began....
When God finished His creation, He looked, and all was good. There was no evil, no sin, no death, no pain, no difficulties, nothing. Then humanity rejected God, and through sin came all the evil into this world.

Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,025,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When God finished His creation, He looked, and all was good. There was no evil, no sin, no death, no pain, no difficulties, nothing. Then humanity rejected God, and through sin came all the evil into this world.

Like i said, since time began...

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟95,391.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You mean things like this will go on forever?
No. One day Jesus will come back. Then will be the judgement day. Then the wicked including all the demons will be thrown to hell. Then God will destroy this world as is full of sin, and build a New World without sin and evil. All will be good once again

Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟135,304.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Noah's Ark has come. There you are standing right next to the ramp (reading your Bible) as the animals are loading on to the Ark. I say, do you think that you might want to walk up that ramp? No, I'm good. I've got my Bible. I'm not sure the Bible is going to work against the flood, I say.

You missed a lot in your list. In reality, the problem is everything. The current situation is like an old forest that wants to burn down to the ground but we won't let it. That only works are a short time before it burns down anyway.

Assess your own situation. Where are you vulnerable? You could probably take a few reasonable steps to improve your situation: food storage, getting out of debt, saving money are a few. God is probably not going to save us.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
When we see such disasters occurring so frequently, we become consumed with fear and feel at a loss, and all we can do is constantly call on the Lord for protection. Could the reason God allows disasters to happen simply be because He wishes for us to call on Him and ask Him for His protection? Just what is God’s intention? How can we obtain God’s protection when disasters strike?

Ah... or you could maybe ask Him what you can do to help others?

“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10

Upvote 0

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is interesting that people fear for their physical bodies despite knowing that even Jesus had to sacrifice His own.

He never promised that disasters wouldn't strike or that we would be free from physical or mental harm during our lifetime.

Once I understood and accepted that, I stopped being scared of 'what if/how/when' because I no longer had a false expectation of what it was to be a human and a Christian.

Fear of the unknown can be powerful so retrain your brain to focus on what is known.

The death of our physical bodies is inevitable and our reward is in Heaven.

Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟929,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matt 24 informs us that this is part of how things end --

4 And Jesus answered and said to them, “See to it that no one misleads you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will mislead many people. 6 And you will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for those things must take place, but that is not yet the end. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pains.

==========="beginning of birth pains" - - so then they become more drastic and more frequent as time continues on

9 “Then they will hand you over to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations because of My name. 10 And at that time many will fall away, and they will betray one another and hate one another. 11 And many false prophets will rise up and mislead many people. 12 And because lawlessness is increased, most people’s love will become cold. 13 But the one who endures to the end is the one who will be saved. 14 This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then the end will come.

Perilous Times​

15 “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place—let the reader understand— 16 then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains. 17 Whoever is on the housetop must not go down to get things out of his house. 18 And whoever is in the field must not turn back to get his cloak. 19 But woe to those women who are pregnant, and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 Moreover, pray that when you flee, it will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath. 21 For then there will be a great tribulation, such as has not occurred since the beginning of the world until now, nor ever will again. 22 And if those days had not been cut short, no life would have been saved; but for the sake of the elect those days will be cut short. 23 Then if anyone says to you, ‘Behold, here is the Christ,’ or ‘He is over here,’ do not believe him. 24 For false christs and false prophets will arise and will provide great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect. 25 Behold, I have told you in advance. 26 So if they say to you, ‘Behold, He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; or, ‘Behold, He is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe them. 27 For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes as far as the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

The Glorious Return​

29 “But immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky with power and great glory. 31 And He will send forth His angels with a great trumpet blast, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.

=============================================

The wake-up signs are as you describe in your post.

=====================================

32 “Now learn the parable from the fig tree: as soon as its branch has become tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33 so you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door.
==================================

The point is to wake up - begin to study what the Bible says about the time in which you live.
Everyone in Christ's day died - the issue is whether they died saved, or lost.

But end-events are special - as we see in the case of the flood. Not everyone died at the flood and not everyone will die at the appearing of Christ. Study the Bible so you may be one of those that does not die at Christ's appearing.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟574,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"As nations cannot be rewarded or punished in the next world, they must be in this.
By an inevitable chain of causes & effects, providence punishes national sins, by national calamities."
George Mason

I believe disasters are a product of sowing and reaping. I quoted this in a chapter heading in one of my books some years ago. At whatever level, mankind reaps what it sows. Whether it be local, national, or worldwide, and I think we are currently seeing this happen. The US is now at the top of the queue. If anything, God has been holding back the natural process of sowing and reaping for at least three decades. We have returned His mercy and patience with more sins, deeper abominations, and greater blasphemies. I believe if God allows this monstrous evil to continue, it will threaten the very existence of humanity. I am talking about pre-flood wickedness. Hence, He is lifting His protective hand from our nation. The line was crossed in the Obama Administration when the white house was lit up with the LGBTQ colors, and the powers and leaders of the nation normalized the abominations and blasphemes. It was like a fist in the face of heaven. When children began to be the target of this evil, it was too much. Even parents and common people did not have the courage and strength to stand up against it. Those who did had their jobs threatened, and even their bank accounts. Since we cannot stop it, God will allow nature to wreak havoc upon the nation. The USA knew better. From our inception, we established holiness and righteousness as the norm. No longer. Pray for your families, your church, and your communities. It is coming hard and fast.

• Agree
Reactions: Gentle Lamb
Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
These are end times bible prophecy. Matthew chapter 24 gives us 7 signs by Jesus.
False preachers.
Famine =its inflation and hearing God's truth.
Wars and rumors of wars.
Pestilence = covid-19.
Earthquakes.
Nation rising against nation.
Were at the beginning of sorrows.

Psalm chapter 148 . God controls the weather. He's trying to get people to repent and come back to God. Lot of people turned their backs on God.

Wildfires in Canada.
Hurricane last year devastated Florida and south Carolina.
Droughts out west.

Just recently. NASA science published ring of fire. Partial solar eclipse.

What's so important about it??

Four planets align October 14, 2023.
Moon, Saturn, Jupiter and venus.

Moon is satan's time clock. Children of darkness go by months. Satan as antichrist has 5 month period, revelation chapter 9:5.

Saturn is satan's planet.
Jupiter is son of the antichrist.

October 14. The moon will hang above Saturn. Means were getting closer to antichrist, the 6th trump. Get the picture. Psalm chapter 19 to document the Zodiac.

Ephesians chapter 6 . Gospel armour is knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Those who are biblically illiterate will worship antichrist near future.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟589,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wendy, you talk about people fearing and feeling loss because of the evil things. Jesus is clear >

"See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet." (Matthew 24:6)

Do not allow evil to have power over you, to decide how you are and how you see things.

No matter what evil does, with God you can do what gets His all-loving results. God our Creator is able to use any evil to create His all-loving good . . . like how He used the crucifixion of Jesus. He can do this in sharing with you.

You mean things like this will go on forever?

For as long as this evil world exists. But, to me, Romans 8:21 means God will resurrect "the creation" after Jesus resurrects us who have trusted in Him.

By the way - - an amount of tragedy has been caused and helped by people. It was not really a pure judgment by God. But people even helped make sure things happened and even make things much worse than they could have been.

Maybe just one example is that people in tornado areas maybe did not dig safe-holes under their trailer homes with a trap door, where in seconds they could open the door and drop in if a tornado was coming or suspected.

People have refused to evacuate a dangerous area, then have called 911 after it was impossible for them to be saved, then they died after maybe saying goodbye to the rescue dispatcher.

People still smoke, though they and loved ones have so suffered because of that.

A lot of evil stuff is because of people who helped it. Do not let such people control your attention and how you see things!

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

Upvote 0